Main Menu

Copy and Pasting issues

Started by Toga, June 03, 2013, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

kilbluff1985

have noticed if you click modify after it not working and paste it again it works well for me anyway

m0nty

I haven't changed anything so I have no idea why this would be happening.

Justin Bieber

Monty are you going to address any of the problems? That the scores don't always load, the rewards things on Andriods and phone and my stupid IP Adress banning from 8 weeks ago?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: m0nty on June 07, 2013, 12:10:14 PM

I did notice that when the server change occurred it mucked around with quoted text in my rookie thread. The quotation marks were in some cases replaced with a different symbol. Example...

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 16, 2012, 07:56:05 PM

Kevin Sheehan says: “Medium midfielder/defender who attacks the ball aggressively and rarely fumbles. Strong and courageous in the air, he also excels at the stoppages. Loves the physical pressure of the game, winning contested ball and tackles strongly. Captained Vic Metro in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships and won All-Australian honours for his work as a medium defender averaging 16.6 disposals and 4.6 marks. AIS-AFL Academy member.”

Possibly related to this issue?

m0nty

Hmm, might be an encoding issue?

Capper

m0nty just tried to copy and paste from Swans website and it seems to not paste anything after the '

Quote from: tabs on June 19, 2013, 05:27:25 PM
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-06-19/swans-trio-break-record

QuoteSydney Swans stars Adam Goodes, Jude Bolton and Ryan O

Capper

Quote from: tabs on June 19, 2013, 05:30:06 PM
m0nty just tried to copy and paste from Swans website and it seems to not paste anything after the '

Quote from: tabs on June 19, 2013, 05:27:25 PM
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-06-19/swans-trio-break-record

QuoteSydney Swans stars Adam Goodes, Jude Bolton and Ryan O
i had to take out ' and - from the quote

Mr.Craig

Would really appreciate some attention being put towards this.

It may seem like a small issue for some but I've got the 2014 rookie thread starting in September where I'll be quoting heaps and I sure as hell don't want to type out every quote I want to use.

AFEV

Quote from: m0nty on June 07, 2013, 12:10:14 PM
I believe this started happening (for me at least) when the forum started being hosted on a separate server.

Around the same time people had issues with quick reply (which has since been resolved).

Ringo

Still happening for me m0nty and really annoying.  have tried a number of cut and posts regarding the Voss sacking yesterday and today and if there is a - or an ' cut and post stops there so to get one post up required 2 edits to complete.

Probably a coding issue but needs to be addressed

LF

And this is still happening
I tried to copy and paste it will show when you preview it but once you post it ,it's only part of it there

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on August 14, 2013, 02:44:52 PM
Still happening for me m0nty and really annoying.  have tried a number of cut and posts regarding the Voss sacking yesterday and today and if there is a - or an ' cut and post stops there so to get one post up required 2 edits to complete.

Probably a coding issue but needs to be addressed
These seem to be the two that cause the problem

Nige

Yeah, the hyphen and apostrophe seem to be the ones causing issues, happened to me again today...

m0nty

This is a strange one. The clue is the new server, maybe it's pointing at resources that don't exist on both.