Main Menu

NRL Supercoach 2013

Started by gwilliams, February 02, 2013, 02:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwilliams

northernstar

gwilliams

Welcome, I wouldn't call myself an expert as last year was the first year for me. I did come 979th in NRL DT (out of 127K) and 5163rd in NRL SC (out of 125K) with limited knowledge of the NRL teams so it isn't all that difficult. Getting the right rookies, as always, is the key, and since there isn't a NAB cup equivalent then checking the opening round lineups is all you can do.

There are some 'experts' on the official fantasy sites to get started with but last year I found this link on Whirlpool when doing some research http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1854725 so I assume that there will be a similar thread on that forum this year.

I'm keen on getting some rookie talk happening here if we can.

Capper

i havent played NRL DT or SC for a couple of years.

Its a bit easier as team lists are announced on Tuesday.

I might join, i will see

colmullet

I'm in, created a team just now based off.....well.....half watching the game for the last few years and playing fox sports version of nrl fantasy which has now changed over to this. Very little knowledge but i don;t think this team looks terribly bad?.....Does it?

Capper

Anasta? ??? ? No surely not!!

colmullet

haha i dunno....all i figured was decent player....change of clubs might do him good....seemed pretty cheap to me

gwilliams

Not too shabby colmullet  :D

I've had Anasta in my side in the past and he was frustratingly inconsistent at the Roosters, maybe he'll do better at his new club.

Here's my team at the moment, I've decided to not spend the big bucks on Smith/Gallen and wait for them to hopefully drop in price after a few weeks. My bench is subject to change waiting for the round 1 rookie line-up announcements.

gwilliams

18 days until lockout! Can hardly wait to get back in to some fantasy sports  ;D

We've only got 5 out of 20 so far though  :(

I've created fanfooty leagues in NRL DT, Sportsbet, and Sportal for those who are interested, see other threads in 'Other Sports'.

northernstar

with the new pointscoring system, you need FULLBACKS and HOOKERS

blah128

I'm in...played it for the last few seasons and followed rugby league all my life so I go ok at it

colmullet

Finally about to get going this weekend and teams are out boys, team looks much better now haha

gwilliams

It's starting to get a bit hectic! I've got 5 salary cap teams to sort out by Thursday and 1 auto-draft team which is drafting tonight.

A bit disappointed some of my rookie choices aren't lining up but probably only because I have to choose new ones  ::)

gwilliams

Been messing around with my team, pretty happy with my starting 13.

Here's my subs for the moment, some are on extended interchange bench so may change. Be interesting to see who other people are looking at...

FRF/HOK

D Finucane (BUL) +2RF
D Klemmer (BUL)
J Buchanan (WST)

2RF

T Sims (NQC)
N Smith (PTH) +CTW
T Harris (MEL)

HFB

J Miller (WST) +5/8

5/8

L Kelly (PAR) +HFB

CTW

D Tupou (SYD)
M Fonua (MEL) +FLB
D Low (BUL)

FLB

W Naiqama (PTH) +CTW

I've got the trial SC Gold and it says my proj rd 1 score is 1111 (min 675, max 1547!)