Do you support Tomic?

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 12:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 03, 2013, 11:12:11 PM
Right so... here's the test for the brat, can he back up a mammoth win and play well again the next day?
He did :O

quinny88

Dont really like him, never have.
I never liked Djokovic either though up until recently so Ill give him the chance to mature and win me over

Hawka

I love him ( i was the first to vote that  :o )
Ive always thought he was awesome and ive stuck by him when the public and media hasnt and now he is geetting back into top form :P
Go Tomic!

tbagrocks

He really looks impressive atm, hasn't lost yet! Serving very well, moving alright looks like he's working on his fittnes

Pat Rafter needs to build a bridge,

tbagrocks

Nice comeback here, kid is becoming pretty dam good!

tbagrocks

Bernard the "Brat Man" Tomic is into his first final, what's even more impressive however is this stat

Tomic has playd 7 times this year, won 7 matches and 7 times over men inside the top 50 :o

Hawka

He is a gun , will always follow him and he is probs my Favorite tennis player
Cmon Tomic!!

Kellogscrunchynut

I was really turned off him last year, but of recent times he seems to be gaining maturity and at only 20 he still has many years ahead of him.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Hawka on January 12, 2013, 10:56:09 PM
Cmon Tomic!!
LOL

Tennis Australia gonna hype his win up so much.  ::)

tbagrocks

He's been highly impressive for two weeks now, played eight times and beaten eight top 50 players, that's insane!

Maiden ATP win for Tomic tonight, first of many, the so called mental softness was nothing more than an imiture kid, he's arrived now, get ready for the Tomic Time 8)

Hawka

Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 12, 2013, 11:46:09 PM
Cmon Tomic!!
LOL

Whats so funny ? ive liked him ever since he first came on the Scene

Capper

Go on Tomic for his first victory, well done

pyronerd

Quote from: Hawka on January 13, 2013, 03:46:18 AM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 12, 2013, 11:46:09 PM
Cmon Tomic!!
LOL

Whats so funny ? ive liked him ever since he first came on the Scene
cause he's Aussie :P

Purple 77

I was impressed that the first acknowledgement he made in his victory speech was towards Rosewell.... For me, I just see him as a kid who is starting to mature. He was really unlikeable in the past few years and doing stupid stuff, but, doesn't most teenagers? The difference here is that all of Australia is watching and judging and perhaps some parts of the world too.

I truly believe he is turning the corner in his maturity. The decider of my judgement for me is how he will react when he loses.

Thought it was interesting that he is the youngest guy in the top 250, and that Federer had only one tournament title to his name at the same age as Tomic. Will be an interesting year ahead for tomic.

PowerBug

his maturity idc about, that doesn't bother me it was always going to get better. But can he please hit the ball like a man and not a woos? :( Such a slow racquet swing and hardly uses any of the power he can.

For me I have a mountain of respect for Lleyton Hewitt. From what i have seen of Hewitt on and off the court (I'm only 16 so i obviously don't know everything about his career) he is a hard working tennis player who continues to push himself and tries to get results. He is humble and doesn't say he'll be top 10 or possibly better and also saying he's unspottable after winning 8 matches in a row (*hint hint* Tomic) and he's trying to bounce back from constant injuries. This year he's beaten 3 top 15 players, which is a great achievement, and i really hoep he can knock off Tipsarevic in the 1st rd because he is still the player who Australians should be watching play, not Tomic. :)