Main Menu

TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: Nige on August 09, 2017, 11:46:45 PM
So there's this new show that just started called Room 104. There have been 2 eps so far, a new one will come out every US Friday (so Saturday for us). Only 20 min episodes too but they're paced in a way that they feel longer (imo).

I really enjoyed both episodes so far, the second was as good if not better than the first I reckon.

Basic premise is that all the episodes take place in this same hotel room - Room 104. Each episode has a different story with different characters but it's in the same environment. The genre kinda varies ep to ep

I'd definitely recommend it.

It's a tad Black Mirror-esque for those who have seen that.

So plenty of human on pig action then?

Nige

Quote from: Gigantor on August 10, 2017, 01:33:44 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 09, 2017, 11:46:45 PM
So there's this new show that just started called Room 104. There have been 2 eps so far, a new one will come out every US Friday (so Saturday for us). Only 20 min episodes too but they're paced in a way that they feel longer (imo).

I really enjoyed both episodes so far, the second was as good if not better than the first I reckon.

Basic premise is that all the episodes take place in this same hotel room - Room 104. Each episode has a different story with different characters but it's in the same environment. The genre kinda varies ep to ep

I'd definitely recommend it.

It's a tad Black Mirror-esque for those who have seen that.

So plenty of human on pig action then?
Oi spoilers.

Haven't actually seen Black Mirror, I just know the general premise of it. Different story/characters/environment every episode.

Just started watching Stranger Things, finished ep 1 just now. Black Mirror will probably be next.

kilbluff1985

jvalles69

Started Ozarks last night...was hooked from the intro narration from Bateman.  This should be a fun ride!

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 16, 2017, 12:50:54 PM
Started Ozarks last night...was hooked from the intro narration from Bateman.  This should be a fun ride!
Heard some good things about it, and it just got renewed for a second season so I'm keen to get on to this. Jason Bateman is great.

RaisyDaisy

Just finished watching a 4 part series called "The Defiant Ones"

Thought it was sensational. Very interesting and very well done

It's about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, their careers and how they eventually got to sell Beats to Apple for over 3B

Highly recommend

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 25, 2017, 12:35:05 AM

It's about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, their careers and how they eventually got to sell Beats to Apple for over 3B

Highly recommend

Onto the final epsiode of this and it's fantastic!  Grew up following Dr Dre's career which makes it even better, but definitely one to watch for the music lovers.

Been watching The Mist and it's showerhouse.  Will finish it off cos I only have 1 or 2 eps left, but I don't recommend wasting your time on it.

kilbluff1985

no footy so binge watched season 3 of narcos one ep left

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 31, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 25, 2017, 12:35:05 AM

Highly recommend

Onto the final epsiode of this and it's fantastic!  Grew up following Dr Dre's career which makes it even better, but definitely one to watch for the music lovers.

The content, and the way the doco was done was top shelf. Honestly 10/10

I've decided to rewatch Banshee again. So good

jvalles69

QuoteBeen watching The Mist and it's showerhouse.  Will finish it off cos I only have 1 or 2 eps left, but I don't recommend wasting your time on it.

Ok so the finale was pretty good, 1st ep was decent...why do they ruin it with the mess in the middle.  :(

LordSneeze

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 04, 2017, 12:05:24 PM
QuoteBeen watching The Mist and it's showerhouse.  Will finish it off cos I only have 1 or 2 eps left, but I don't recommend wasting your time on it.

Ok so the finale was pretty good, 1st ep was decent...why do they ruin it with the mess in the middle.  :(

The premise had so much promise to turn it into a true Horror series. I cannot remember a single one that was consistently good.

It had a few good moments, but so many where you just stared and go WTF. I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet, will do so at some point, but very unlikely that id be watching another season if they bring out another.

jvalles69

Quote from: LordSneeze on September 08, 2017, 11:19:19 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 04, 2017, 12:05:24 PM

The premise had so much promise to turn it into a true Horror series. I cannot remember a single one that was consistently good.

It had a few good moments, but so many where you just stared and go WTF. I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet, will do so at some point, but very unlikely that id be watching another season if they bring out another.

Yeah agreed, I don't have time to waste on bad shows.

kilbluff1985

Keeper27

finally finished season 2 of "Queen of the south" and seasson 1 of "Riverdale"
both are pretty good shows. enjoys QoTS a bit more though

kilbluff1985

seen the new kingsman movie today was good if u liked 1st one should like this one