Main Menu

TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 09, 2015, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 06, 2015, 10:51:40 AM
Not sure if anyone here is into anime, I'm not really, but tend to watch the good stuff like Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star, Neon Genesis etc.  Started watching Attack on Titan the anime series in prep for the 2 movies and live action series starting later this year and it's definitely pulled me in after watching the first 2 episodes.  Bit annoying having to read subtitles, but at least I pay full attention.  I recomend checking it out, 2 eps down, 23 to go!

If you like most of those I suggest Psycho Pass. flowering amazing anime. But yeah Death Note is probably my most watch TV Show ever... Would of seen it at least 10 times... haha

But if you want something a bit more over the top, look up Jojo's bizarre adventures. Each season is a different story in time with a different family member.

Also Seven Deadly Sins is really easy to get into, and the anime is short so will only take you a few days.

But if you want to watch the ultimate anime, Hunter x Hunter is the go. Just complete genius, although has like 150 episodes, so might take you a while.

God damn!  Thanks man, maybe I should just learn Japanese now, haha!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 09, 2015, 10:13:04 PM
Not sure if anyone here is into anime, I'm not really, but tend to watch the good stuff like Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star, Neon Genesis etc.  Started watching Attack on Titan the anime series in prep for the 2 movies and live action series starting later this year and it's definitely pulled me in after watching the first 2 episodes.  Bit annoying having to read subtitles, but at least I pay full attention.  I recomend checking it out, 2 eps down, 23 to go!

If you like most of those I suggest Psycho Pass. flowering amazing anime. But yeah Death Note is probably my most watch TV Show ever... Would of seen it at least 10 times... haha

But if you want something a bit more over the top, look up Jojo's bizarre adventures. Each season is a different story in time with a different family member.

Also Seven Deadly Sins is really easy to get into, and the anime is short so will only take you a few days.

But if you want to watch the ultimate anime, Hunter x Hunter is the go. Just complete genius, although has like 150 episodes, so might take you a while.

Depends if you're good with subtitltes :P

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 10, 2015, 08:02:50 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 09, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

Depends if you're good with subtitltes :P

FML, I'm so addicted now!  Watched eps 7-10 last night cos I kept telling myself just one more!  Now I'm sleep deprived at work and a fear a repeat tonight!  :'(

Pkbaldy

Attack On Titan?? yeah the anime is pretty good. I've read the manga so i'm miles ahead.

But the live action will be complete shower, changed half of the characters names and gave them all the same bland personality... But i'll still probably watch it.

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 10, 2015, 04:25:22 PM
Attack On Titan?? yeah the anime is pretty good. I've read the manga so i'm miles ahead.

But the live action will be complete shower, changed half of the characters names and gave them all the same bland personality... But i'll still probably watch it.

Yeah, Attack on Titan.  Each episode is reasonably short, but something seems to happen that makes you want to watch the next one straight away!  Reviews for the first movie haven't been very favourable, the 2nd one comes out next month, then the live action TV show, but not sure when that one starts...I'll still watch it too.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 10, 2015, 04:35:24 PM

Yeah, Attack on Titan.  Each episode is reasonably short, but something seems to happen that makes you want to watch the next one straight away!  Reviews for the first movie haven't been very favourable, the 2nd one comes out next month, then the live action TV show, but not sure when that one starts...I'll still watch it too.

So you enjoyed the Rouge Titan wrecking the other Titans?? :P Got any fav characters in it so far? Don't think you've met the biggest badass yet, they changed his Manga name to something simpler... No idea why.

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 10, 2015, 04:57:39 PM

So you enjoyed the Rouge Titan wrecking the other Titans?? :P Got any fav characters in it so far? Don't think you've met the biggest badass yet, they changed his Manga name to something simpler... No idea why.

Yeah that was pretty dope, the action scenes are pretty cool for a cartoon too!  Lots of the characters are pretty liekable, Mikassa, Reiner, the blonde chick, the brunetted who loves her food, some also have they're annoying points Armin, Eren and a few others.  Looking forward to this badass you talk about!  :D

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 10, 2015, 05:09:22 PM

Yeah that was pretty dope, the action scenes are pretty cool for a cartoon too!  Lots of the characters are pretty liekable, Mikassa, Reiner, the blonde chick, the brunetted who loves her food, some also have they're annoying points Armin, Eren and a few others.  Looking forward to this badass you talk about!  :D

You've saw him for a few seconds in ep 1 or 2. But when you see him in action, you'll know who i'm talking about. Anna and Mikasa are 1 of few female anime characters I can put up with. Sasha (potato girl) not so much... haha

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 10, 2015, 05:11:07 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 10, 2015, 05:09:22 PM

You've saw him for a few seconds in ep 1 or 2. But when you see him in action, you'll know who i'm talking about. Anna and Mikasa are 1 of few female anime characters I can put up with. Sasha (potato girl) not so much... haha

I know who you're talking about, the guy that looks like Eren with an undercut?

Pkbaldy

That's the one. In the manga he's named Rivaille but in the anime its Levi haha.

jvalles69

Just finished Attack on Titan. Need. More. Titan!  Was so good, but so many questions!! Any word on when the next series starts Pkbaldy?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 15, 2015, 12:29:19 AM
Just finished Attack on Titan. Need. More. Titan!  Was so good, but so many questions!! Any word on when the next series starts Pkbaldy?

Probably this time next year man. About 3 or 4 chapters ago will be the end point of season 2 ( I believe.). If you think Female Titan is a bad ass, you haven't seen anything yet man :P

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 15, 2015, 12:35:11 AM

Probably this time next year man. About 3 or 4 chapters ago will be the end point of season 2 ( I believe.). If you think Female Titan is a bad ass, you haven't seen anything yet man :P

Oh damn, maybe I need to start reading the manga!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 15, 2015, 11:43:52 AM

Do it!! Luckily the anime followed the manga perfectly, EXCEPT some things during the Female and Rogue titan fight.

jvalles69

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 15, 2015, 12:06:42 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 15, 2015, 11:43:52 AM

Do it!! Luckily the anime followed the manga perfectly, EXCEPT some things during the Female and Rogue titan fight.

Where does is start following episode 25 of the anime?