Main Menu

TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 24, 2015, 12:22:08 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 24, 2015, 07:31:43 AM
Show is still good (not saying it isn't overrated). Books are way better though.

This is how I see it

Season 1 was alright, I watched the whole thing and had no idea why, I just smashed through it pretty quick
Season 2 was better, it started focusing on the story lines I actually gave an ish about (white walkers, outside the wall etc.)
Season 3 was the biggest piece of overrated crap I have seen. 2 eps were ish actually happened and even then I didn't really give an ish, introducing 80 new characters that served almost 0 purpose.
Season 4 was better then 3 but still a lot of crap I had no interest in. The Dancing Princess Bride rip off dude https://youtu.be/lmtGW5dPPoM
Season 5 has been a snoozefest so far.

What I don't get is the same people hammer TWD each week for little crap yet GoT has been on a decline since season 2 but anyone that criticises it is stupid and how can they not like it?

I am just tempted to record all the eps for the season and forward through the bits I don't give an ish about
Interesting. Maybe it's because I've read the books, but I thought season 3 was pretty good, and really liked season 4. Not sure how well season 5 will play out as there is a lot of just "moving the story along" kinda stuff that happens in the books, as GRRM was originally going to skip ahead 5-10 years and have characters at an older age, but decided not to do that in the end. Already had a couple of differences from the books so far in season 5, dunno if it'll be for the better or worse (I'm not a fan of the changes thus far).

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 24, 2015, 02:14:48 AM
I am also going to add that GoT is the most overrated show ever. Yeah, I said it
Show is still good (not saying it isn't overrated). Books are way better though.

it's just too bad 99.9999% of the show's viewers are bandwagoners who haven't read them

Agree with Matty, I tried watching it but just couldn't I almost fell asleep half the time, the only good thing about it was the eye-candy of Emilia Clarke (don't remember the character's name)

GoLions

Quote from: Bane on April 24, 2015, 02:14:24 PM
I am also going to add that GoT is the most overrated show ever. Yeah, I said it

it's just too bad 99.9999% of the show's viewers are bandwagoners who haven't read them

Agree with Matty, I tried watching it but just couldn't I almost fell asleep half the time, the only good thing about it was the eye-candy of Emilia Clarke (don't remember the character's name)
She is Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, khaleesi to Drogo's riders, and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros

:P

Pkbaldy

Quote from: GoLions on April 24, 2015, 02:38:34 PM

She is Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, khaleesi to Drogo's riders, and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and the most boring piece of shower in the show.

Fixed.

GoLions

Quote from: Pkbaldy on April 24, 2015, 03:39:53 PM

She is Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, khaleesi to Drogo's riders, and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and the most boring piece of shower in the show.

Fixed.
Yeah she does flower all until basically her 2nd last chapter of Dance, and even then it's not a lot. Better do shower in Winds

RaisyDaisy

Seriously?

I wasn't aware that in order to watch a TV show I had to have read the books first, otherwise I just wont get it and I'm not cool and in the know ::)

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 24, 2015, 05:44:52 PM

Seriously?

I wasn't aware that in order to watch a TV show I had to have read the books first, otherwise I just wont get it and I'm not cool and in the know ::)

Beter not watch avangers if you havent read every characters comic book.

Grufflez

She is Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, khaleesi to Drogo's riders, and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros

And she has a fine ass.

Jukes

Seriously?

yes

Most GoT viewers only watch it because it's the popular/hip/cool thing to watch right now

Same as what BB was

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bane on April 25, 2015, 05:31:04 PM

Seriously?

yes

Most GoT viewers only watch it because it's the popular/hip/cool thing to watch right now

Yeah, it has nothing to do with it being an amazing show. We all just watch it to be cool and hope that the almighty book readers wont look upon us with distain, but it seems we have failed

How's the view up there? Good I hope

Mailman the 2nd

I mean most people would rather just have people tell them what shows are good rather than trawl through 10 ordinary ones to find it

kilbluff1985

Keeper27

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on April 25, 2015, 05:37:07 PM
I mean most people would rather just have people tell them what shows are good rather than trawl through 10 ordinary ones to find it

Some people don't have the luxury or the time to sit through 10 ordinary shows to find a good one let alone read lengthy books.
Word of mouth is how most people get into shows nowadays anyways.

And who really cares if the majority of viewers haven't read the books, doesn't take away for a great show.

I'm a HUGE comic fan but i don't go around acting all high and mighty coz I've read the source material.
Sure i have my own personal gripes about things they change for the movies/tv shows but i know not all things in the source material will work on screen

kilbluff1985

i regret watch the first 4 eps of GOT already lol

Keeper27