AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 19, 2013, 05:19:49 PM
Forget the averages ::)  that's just what could happen if they breakout

Even if they breakout Cameron ain't averaging 200 lol.

I actually rate Matera as your best forward and think barring injury he will average the highest for you this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit that average. He's a jet and I hope he'll return home to play at West Coast in the future.

Also how do you see Brown, Shaw and Otten fitting into the Adelaide team?

In 2012 they played a season between them (23 games). Now you're expecting them to each play a full season...

Jroo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 05:20:39 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 19, 2013, 04:11:48 PM
I like it meth. Just me over Maca/Sid ;)

Go tibet!! lol

Possibly but I have him just ahead of you at this stage based on depth. Like tbag you may have weeks where several first team players could be out.

For example now with Brodie Smith missing your defence doesn't look as good. Who would you start there? Geary? Another defensive injury and you'll be in struggle-town.

PS - Huge blow for JROO losing Sandilands for 8 weeks. Really need Stefan Martin to step up for you (which he could) as I think Jenkins is ahead of McKernan for the Tippett spot.
:'( :'( :'( yep
Need Martin to stand up and this is why I want to keep Pedo, so at least he can play in the ruck until Sandi comes back

Memphistopheles

Quote from: JROO8 on February 19, 2013, 05:27:28 PM

Go tibet!! lol

Possibly but I have him just ahead of you at this stage based on depth. Like tbag you may have weeks where several first team players could be out.

For example now with Brodie Smith missing your defence doesn't look as good. Who would you start there? Geary? Another defensive injury and you'll be in struggle-town.

PS - Huge blow for JROO losing Sandilands for 8 weeks. Really need Stefan Martin to step up for you (which he could) as I think Jenkins is ahead of McKernan for the Tippett spot.
Need Martin to stand up and this is why I want to keep Pedo, so at least he can play in the ruck until Sandi comes back

That's why we wanted Pedersen as he'll be a regular starter and can cover Ryder if he goes down with injury (or gets banned lol). I wasn't confident of Redden, Currie or Derickx playing regularly and being available when we needed them as cover although I think all three should get some game time this season.

Toga

Bad luck JRoo :(

I'm glad we didn't end up trading for him ::) :-X

Memphistopheles

Also JROO there's no way I'm locking in your new profile pic. Spud - change it back.

Jroo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 05:49:42 PM
Also JROO there's no way I'm locking in your new profile pic. Spud - change it back.
::) lock him in Memph  :P

tbagrocks

Crows back 6
Rutten Talia Brown
Reilly Shaw Smith/Otten

Smith will run through the mid as well and Otten off the bench

I know Cameron won't ave 200 nobody ever will get close, just a run on his potential ;D

Nails

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 05:31:47 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on February 19, 2013, 05:27:28 PM

Go tibet!! lol

That's why we wanted Pedersen as he'll be a regular starter and can cover Ryder if he goes down with injury (or gets banned lol). I wasn't confident of Redden, Currie or Derickx playing regularly and being available when we needed them as cover although I think all three should get some game time this season.

That's why we recruited the entire Hawks' ruck division. If the top ruck goes down, we use their 2nd, he goes down we use their 3rd.

Justin Bieber

Go tibet!! lol

Maca/Sid have better depth? Really? Surely not. My Backline is close to the best, maybe Noz has me. Plenty of forward backups who could fire on occasion. Rucks are alright, shaky and my mids depth is short after Wines and Whitfield.

But depth? Really?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: whatlez on February 19, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

Go tibet!! lol

Maca/Sid have better depth? Really? Surely not. My Backline is close to the best, maybe Noz has me. Plenty of forward backups who could fire on occasion. Rucks are alright, shaky and my mids depth is short after Wines and Whitfield.

But depth? Really?

You're the Elephants right whatlez?

Your defence is one of the best????? Would be overstatement of the year if not for tbag's ridiculous predicted averages for some of his players. It has good potential but no way Watts, Rance, Smith/Geary and Nicholson will be the highest scoring back four in this comp.

The Bears starting backline is by far the best IMO without even looking at Noz.

Waters, Broughton, Stanley, Duffield (R Murphy).

Although close behind are the Folders/

Goddard, Reilly, Johnson, Mackie. (Gilbert/Merrett).

Noz has a good defence (Shaw, Grima, Atley, Fisher. Emg: Ellis) but even so I don't think it's the second best.

Other defences I'm confident will outscore yours this season include.

Lambs: Houli, Lake, Hanley, Bock/Malceski

Ales: Birchall, Butler, Pearce, McKenzie

Dongs: J Grimes, Scotland, McPharlin, Newman.

Tigers: Hartlett, Yarran, Harbrow, Dempster

Unfortunately our defence is probably one of the worst in the league lol :P

Justin Bieber

I meant best depth in the backline... I have 8-10 young players will average consistently well and will get many games. Didn't mean in scoring abilities atm.

Colliwobblers

back lines smack lines

we have backs

Hurn , Chaplin , Reid , Dempsey , Howard , Myers , Suban , Armstrong

don't laugh this lot may surprise a lot of people this season, well if half do we'll be better than we look  :o

tbagrocks

Ineed and I agree, a bit like the underated Llama defence ::)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 20, 2013, 01:51:39 AM
back lines smack lines

we have backs

Hurn , Chaplin , Reid , Dempsey , Howard , Myers , Suban , Armstrong

don't laugh this lot may surprise a lot of people this season, well if half do we'll be better than we look  :o

Like whatlexz your backline has plenty of potential as well.

Hurn is already a gun player, he just isn't quite as good fantasy wise however he is still youngish (despite looking 32).

I rate Dempsey, Myers and Howard and I think if Chaplin can get his body right he'll be a hit at the Tigers. Although as a key back he may not score as well as you'd like, Suban and Armstrong also have plenty of room for improvement if they can crack the starting lineup at their respective clubs.

As from Chaplin all these guys are run and carry defenders which bodes well for the future although those players I would think would score better in DT than this game where marks and tackles have more of an impact on defender scores.

Adamant

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 20, 2013, 04:02:32 AM
Hurn is already a gun player, he just isn't quite as good fantasy wise however he is still youngish (despite looking 32).

lol.