AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

The Llama's media guru... If he's working for the Llamas I'm surprised he knows the difference between night and day ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Nails on February 19, 2013, 03:00:55 AM
The Llama's media guru... If he's working for the Llamas I'm surprised he knows the difference between night and day ;)
He might be the difference between a Dongs favorite and not ???

Careful what you say about Mr X, he has a nastie side, worse than the bald barbie Craig Hutchison

Jroo

Quote from: Jayman on February 19, 2013, 02:14:02 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on February 18, 2013, 10:48:14 PM
My predictions
1st Adamant
2nd Nails
3rd BB67th
4th Noz
5th Toga/Picker
6th JBs Hawks
7th JROO8
8th Jayman
9th Tor01Doc
10th Whatlez
11th Colliwobblers
12th Maca24/Sid
13th KoopKicka
14th Monstrum
15th Nostradamus
16th Tbagrocks
go home JROO, you're drunk. Tbag's ladder showers all over yours :P

Tigers over Strikers? And you guys call tbag bias? Wow

JBs Hawks will be easy-bets and you have Noz too high

Dolphins have 0% chance of missing finals barring injury to the great man. Why so low?
::) ::) ::)
Lol of course you're going to think Tbag's is better,  he has you at 5th while I have you at 8th.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, why don't you make a prediction  ;)
And I didn't really do a detailed analysis of each team, quickly look at each team and ranked them 1-16.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: JROO8 on February 19, 2013, 03:36:31 PM
Quote from: Jayman on February 19, 2013, 02:14:02 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on February 18, 2013, 10:48:14 PM
My predictions
1st Adamant
2nd Nails
3rd BB67th
4th Noz
5th Toga/Picker
6th JBs Hawks
7th JROO8
8th Jayman
9th Tor01Doc
10th Whatlez
11th Colliwobblers
12th Maca24/Sid
13th KoopKicka
14th Monstrum
15th Nostradamus
16th Tbagrocks
go home JROO, you're drunk. Tbag's ladder showers all over yours :P

Tigers over Strikers? And you guys call tbag bias? Wow

JBs Hawks will be easy-bets and you have Noz too high

Dolphins have 0% chance of missing finals barring injury to the great man. Why so low?
::) ::) ::)
Lol of course you're going to think Tbag's is better,  he has you at 5th while I have you at 8th.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, why don't you make a prediction  ;)

I've just had a browse through the team list thread and here are my predictions on how the ladder will end up. I don't think this will indicate the premiership though as by that time injuries/form will be a big factor. Also a team's captain and vice captain combo will play a big part.

There are also definitely a number of other factors that may come into play here, including the fixtures. Also the numbers on the list thread is not a good indicator (i've tried to pick starting XV from there rather than use the numbers) because of the Sportsbet scoring. I've counted at least 13 extra points our team should have which means I'm sure other teams could be adjusted as well.

For example Jonathon Brown and Nick Riewoldt should start the season like a house on fire due to easy fixtures (Riewoldt plays both GC and GWS in his first 5 and Brown plays the Bulldogs, Melbourne and Gold Coast).

Which means both Nails and Adamant will gun it up from rounds 1-5. Toga on the other hand should finish with a flourish when Tippet returns from his suspension and could easily push up the ladder.

I think there are also a few distinct levels in this competition which I have separated. So I expect the top 5 to challenge for the flag, the next five to battle it out for three spots in the 8, the last five to battle to avoid the bottom four and I'm afraid the Llamas to finish last.

Honk Kong Dongs (Nails)
Bangladesh Bears (Adamant)
Manila Folders (BB67th)
Mongolian Lambs (Toga/Picker_man)
Taiwan Dolphins (Tor01Doc)
-------------------------------
Turkey Gazelles (Noz)
UAE Tigers (JROO8)
Sri Lankan Strikers (Jayman)
Australian Ales (JBs-Hawks)
KL Crocodiles (Maca24/Sid)
----------------------------
Laos Elephants (Whatlez)
Kathmandu Eskimos (KoopKicka)
Vietnam Vipers (Colliwobblers)
PNG Headhunters (Monstrum)
Bangkok Crabs (Nostradamus)
--------------------------
Tibetan Llamas (sorry tbag, prove me wrong)

Justin Bieber

I like it meth. Just me over Maca/Sid ;)

Go tibet!! lol

tbagrocks

Why the Llamas are underated

Ben Jacobs  100: to slot into the North half backline, first round draftee with talent
Jake Batchelor  95: 20yrs and ave 15 possessions last season
Sammy Shaw 95: loves to rebound
Andy Otten 100: Showed serious talent early before injury, should be ready to step back up
Luke Brown 90: could be ready to go bang

Andrew Gaff 135: 3rd year top draft pick that people even have in their DreamTeams
Patrick Dangerfield 140: had some outstanding first halves getting over 20 disposals, will be fitter
Mitch Wallis 130: gun bal finding tackling machene
Jack Trengove 125: taken at pick two for a reason, should have gone one
Clay Smith115: 14 disposals in game two of the Bulldogs match
Chad Wingard 115: superstar emerging

Zac Smith 105: should bounce back in his third season, tall, mobile and 23years old

John Butcher 110: kicked 11 goals in his first three games of footy, injured last year and ready to pounce, could go 120
Tom Lynch 115: team to start rising this year nad he's the main target
Ty Vickery 120: loads of talent and could explode
Brandon Matera 115: should keep finding the ball at half forward
Jeremy Cameron 200: not sure just yeat but could do anything
Devon Smith 110: another rising half forward star
Tommy Lynch 115: should he get a gig can be very good, great kick and mark. Had a 35 possession 17 mark game for Glenelg at CHB last season

Go ahead, keep underating us ;)

Justin Bieber

If all of that happens tbag, ill sell you my whole team for free.

The first few were ridicuous, but the more I read the more of the odsurb predictions continued ::)

tbagrocks

Justin Bieber

Credibility was completely lost when Vickery averaging 120. Cameron has a better chance at averaging 200 lol

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on February 19, 2013, 04:53:51 PM
If all of that happens tbag, ill sell you my whole team for free.

The first few were ridicuous, but the more I read the more of the odsurb predictions continued ::)
+ 1 some crazy predictions Tbag  :P
And Whatlez's Midfiled is better than yours  :P

tbagrocks

They are just a guess at what could happen, the summary's are fairly accurite of what could or should happen

Memphistopheles

Are those predicted averages tbag??????????

Massive LOL.

No doubting you'll be a contender in future seasons but Cameron to average 200 and your defenders to all average 90+ is outrageous.

I think you could surprise some teams this season and win a game or two however not all of those players you've listed will start every week which will be your main problem.

Most weeks your team selection will just come down to which rookies are playing rather than you fielding your best XV which will hurt your chances. Also if Dangerfield and/or Gaff misses a game or gets injured your backup captain options are a bit of a lottery.

Justin Bieber

Is that next years average? One year career max ave or whole career average?

tbagrocks

Forget the averages ::)  that's just what could happen if they breakout

Memphistopheles

Quote from: whatlez on February 19, 2013, 04:11:48 PM
I like it meth. Just me over Maca/Sid ;)

Go tibet!! lol

Possibly but I have him just ahead of you at this stage based on depth. Like tbag you may have weeks where several first team players could be out.

For example now with Brodie Smith missing your defence doesn't look as good. Who would you start there? Geary? Another defensive injury and you'll be in struggle-town.

PS - Huge blow for JROO losing Sandilands for 8 weeks. Really need Stefan Martin to step up for you (which he could) as I think Jenkins is ahead of McKernan for the Tippett spot.