AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on September 23, 2012, 08:59:24 PM
Cw there is actually a reserves league in the Worlds.

Well if everyone wants it and commits to it we can look at one for Asians, as long as it is done properly and doesn't turn into a mess or detract from the main game.

Someone has to sign up for all that work tho and EVERY SINGLE WEEK WITHOUT FAIL.

checking 240 player scores each week alone is a big ask  ???  never mind everything else that goes with running it....

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 23, 2012, 09:07:49 PM

Well if everyone wants it and commits to it we can look at one for Asians, as long as it is done properly and doesn't turn into a mess or detract from the main game.

Someone has to sign up for all that work tho and EVERY SINGLE WEEK WITHOUT FAIL.

checking 240 player scores each week alone is a big ask  ???  never mind everything else that goes with running it....
Yeah well I'm not sure how Ossie does it, but I am sure that the coaches do not post teams. Ask him how he does it... ???

Colliwobblers

Os is a freak just look at elxam and the work he does! He probably does it all for Worlds and Worlds reserves....

I will have a chat to him tho and see if he has a streamlined "easy" way of doing things.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on September 23, 2012, 09:08:41 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 23, 2012, 09:07:49 PM

Yeah well I'm not sure how Ossie does it, but I am sure that the coaches do not post teams. Ask him how he does it... ???
I could do that, pick teams for everyone ;D I'd run a ressy comp!

JBs-Hawks

Like I said in pm collie I'll do the work. I'll ask oss how he runs his and put in place something similar.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 23, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
Like I said in pm collie I'll do the work. I'll ask oss how he runs his and put in place something similar.

sure well not to be a control freak but I want everything right under the Asians banner, so get back to me on WHat Os has to say and we will see what we can work out.

Happy for you to run it, as long as I can oversee it :)

once again you'll need to get everyone to commit to it at least at a basic level, so it is taken seriously enough at  least to be worth your/our while.

The fixture part is easy it can just mirror the 1st grade fixture.

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 23, 2012, 10:37:26 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 23, 2012, 10:09:15 PM

sure well not to be a control freak but I want everything right under the Asians banner, so get back to me on WHat Os has to say and we will see what we can work out.

Happy for you to run it, as long as I can oversee it :)

once again you'll need to get everyone to commit to it at least at a basic level, so it is taken seriously enough at  least to be worth your/our while.

The fixture part is easy it can just mirror the 1st grade fixture.
Think looking at Ossie running the Elxam and others a lot of it looks like it is done in excel with pivots and lookups so if you have medium excel skills should be ok.

Colliwobblers

tbagrocks

Rd 16 being the rivalry round, at a neutral venue, Noz I'm thinking we play at Football Park being the last time their before the Oval move in 2014

Noz

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 25, 2012, 12:51:36 AM
Rd 16 being the rivalry round, at a neutral venue, Noz I'm thinking we play at Football Park being the last time their before the Oval move in 2014
That or AAMI stadium doesn't worry me

tbagrocks

Quote from: Noz on September 25, 2012, 01:07:23 AM
haha how young are you :P Aami is Footy park ;D

Noz

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 25, 2012, 01:21:45 AM
Quote from: Noz on September 25, 2012, 01:07:23 AM
haha how young are you :P Aami is Footy park ;D
I'm sleep deprived leave me alone! Haha ::)
Did you ever get my pm?

Colliwobblers

***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Heppell21 has handed back ownership of the TAIWAN DOLPHINS. No not because Drummond retired, he has a new job which is demanding on his time and does not allow him to commit to the AXVs competition.

I am now happy to announce Tor01doc as the new owner of the TAIWAN DOLPHINS.

Please make him welcome, and PM him when his pick is up :)

I will get the draft pages updated shortly to reflect the change in ownership as well as all other relevant threads.

monstrum

Colliwobblers

Quote from: monstrum on September 26, 2012, 01:29:45 PM
posted PNG's first jumper check it out..

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66990.msg870123.html#msg870123

awesome!, let me know if you change it i'm putting that up on the HOME page with your team.