AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: monstrum on September 23, 2012, 02:56:39 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 23, 2012, 01:43:40 PM
Also if you can think of a name for your rivalry match and possibly even a trophy or cup for it, let me know otherwise I will assign names for each rivalry clash and a trophy for each.

Only 4 teams left to pair off as rivals.

Whose left i dnt think i hava rival?

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 23, 2012, 11:43:19 AM
RIVALRIES REQUIRED

The Following Clubs are yet to have a Rival. Try find a Rival ASAP.

1. PNG HEAD HUNTERS - Monstrom

2. AUSTRALIAN ALES - JBs-Hawks

3. KL COROCODILES - Maca24

4. UAE TIGERS - EZA100

I think due to locality the PNG and AUSTRALIA teams make for rivals, but there are any number of reasons for being rivals, doesn't need to have anything to do with reality, location, or politics...

Maca24

New Coach Announced!

The KL Crocodiles have decided on a new coaching system, with not 1 but 2 coaches working together in tandem.
Maca24 has hired the services of Sid to co-coach the team together.
Any discussions regarding trades, picks etc. can be sent to either myself or Sid.

Justin Bieber

Lol Sid leaves the Llamas hahah, Tbag won't be happy.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on September 23, 2012, 04:19:53 PM
Lol Sid leaves the Llamas hahah, Tbag won't be happy.
He got a better offer ::) chance to be co-coach swayed him I guess, it's ok Maca needs all the help he can get ;D where as I'm so good anyways

Jay

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 23, 2012, 02:54:23 PM
Is there going to be a reserves league?
not a bad idea. A lot of extra work for Colli though :-\

AFEV

Quote from: Jayman on September 23, 2012, 04:31:09 PM
Here's a crazy thought. What if Colli didn't run it?

Nails

Quote from: Sid on September 23, 2012, 04:32:19 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 23, 2012, 04:31:09 PM
Here's a crazy thought. What if Colli didn't run it?

You and your revolutionary thinking can go elsewhere. :o

Colliwobblers

A reserves league is a bit too much, more for the coaches than for me.

Certain coaches have multiple team and it's just another team to name every week.. and it would be messy.

Justin Bieber

Yeah Jb why don't you run the reserves league?

Noz

I could co run a reserve league, oh maybe i could i haven't really thought about it...  ::)

Colliwobblers

I am not sure having a reserves league at all is a good idea. There are no reserves leagues in the other XVS competitions.

I think naming squads for your reserves will grow tedious and some people may not bother at all, in that case the whole thing would turn into a bit of a joke and probably isn't what we want.

You have to remember certain coaches have multiple XVs teams and just won't bother with a reserves league.

For it to work everyone would have to be interested, and attracting new coaches down the track and telling them there is a reserves league they have to be involved in might be unattractive?

I will give it some thought but at this stage I think it is unnecessary.

I also think you might be surprised at the work required to create a fixture, a ladder, update the ladder, cross check every score from every player in every team ,every week, work out the results , post the results.

Pm all coached to remind them to name teams, create team threads each week for the teams to be posted in, or have them all PM to you. check every players score on every team in the competition, did I mention that?

Calculate home ground advantage, captain and VC bonus.....

Me I say no to a reserves league because I can see it falling apart mid season and making us look like fools :)

not the person running it, more the interest level from coaches.

Still if EVERYONE wants one knowing the extra commitment it will require, we can discuss it further but I honestly think it is unnecessary and a bit much.

tbagrocks

I agree with Nails about a rendom draw next year, but should play your rival twice, Me and Noz should be playing theSHOWDOWN ;)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 23, 2012, 08:52:15 PM
I agree with Nails about a rendom draw next year, but should play your rival twice, Me and Noz should be playing theSHOWDOWN ;)

Just posted in the other thread, this seasons draft will be completely random in every aspect except home and away games will be equal.

Nest season the top sides will play each otehr twice as will the bottom sides.

Want to keep it as LIFE-LIKE as possible, but Nails is right this season should be random. And will be.

Justin Bieber

Cw there is actually a reserves league in the Worlds.

Noz

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 23, 2012, 08:52:15 PM
Bring it