AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Quote from: nas on January 12, 2016, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on January 12, 2016, 12:34:34 PM
So. I lose Colyer and Belly who are both pretty important for me really. How should we do this?

I'd be in favor of a draft with top up players and other left overs who join the list for a season. Probably the best way.

This from British XV's

Officially delist the player affected for the season and do a mini draft based on the players worth
Then at seasons end the players picked in the mini draft are delisted back into the player pool and each team gets their original player back so lists all remain the same size.

Also a valid point with lists so some teams may have more than 40 players on their list but at end of season will have to bring list back to 40.

this has not been decided on ....... just one of a few suggestions

GoLions

Quote from: nostradamus on January 13, 2016, 08:16:33 PM
So. I lose Colyer and Belly who are both pretty important for me really. How should we do this?

I'd be in favor of a draft with top up players and other left overs who join the list for a season. Probably the best way.

This from British XV's

Officially delist the player affected for the season and do a mini draft based on the players worth
Then at seasons end the players picked in the mini draft are delisted back into the player pool and each team gets their original player back so lists all remain the same size.

Also a valid point with lists so some teams may have more than 40 players on their list but at end of season will have to bring list back to 40.

Yeah at this point we're considering extra movements for those impacted by this, then make a decision after the end of the 2nd trade period. Likely either a mini draft or just cop it.

nas

Quote from: GoLions on January 13, 2016, 08:24:30 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on January 13, 2016, 08:16:33 PM

This from British XV's

Yeah at this point we're considering extra movements for those impacted by this, then make a decision after the end of the 2nd trade period. Likely either a mini draft or just cop it.

Understand, the above at the time of posting was one of the first up. Just a start for the saga that is ongoing.

Ringo

For information this is the final British resolution:

know we have some different rules so can adapt:

Following Essendon Suspensions for this trade period only:

1) Clubs effected will be allowed additional free movements as detailed below. Note both clubs involved in trade will receive the free movement.
2) Reversible trading will be allowed.  That is a trade will reverse at end of season.  Eg Swansea trade Witts for Ryder.  At end of 2016 season Ryder returns to Blackpool and Witts returns to Swansea.
3) When assessing trades main factor to be taken into consideration will be the team structures and competition benefit. All trades including reversible trades still to be approved by administrator.
4) If there is evidence of colluding or tanking in these special conditions penalties may be enforced by admin.  This could involve forfeiture of draft picks.

Teams will be reviewed at end of trade period to decide whether we go ahead with a mini draft taking into consideration trades completed.  So basically we are trying to encourage coaches to trade to rectify their situation in this trade period,

Ricochet

Ringo what is the reasoning behind loaning players or reversing the trades??

nostradamus

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2016, 11:17:48 AM

shaky ground for mine .......basically comes down to one team giving another team a player for one season for no return

Ricochet

Quote from: nostradamus on January 14, 2016, 11:49:50 AM

shaky ground for mine .......basically comes down to one team giving another team a player for one season for no return
Yep 100%, unless there's more to it? which is why i asked

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2016, 12:02:49 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on January 14, 2016, 11:49:50 AM

Yep 100%, unless there's more to it? which is why i asked
I don't see why a suspended player has to be involved.
E.g. I give someone who lost a defender Nick Smith, as I have plenty of defenders, and they give me a forward or mid in return. Then end of season we reverse.

To me it's basically a coach with plenty of depth on one line making a fair trade to help another coach out with the suspensions. Trade still has to be fair though and relevant to suspensions.

I don't see myself making any reversible trades though tbh

tbagrocks

Quote from: nas on January 12, 2016, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2015, 05:52:20 PM
Nice competitive trade here with two first round draft picks going for an old gun

Tibetan Llamas: Liam Duggan + Dom Sheed
                       for
Turkish Gazelles: Jobe Watson + Brady Gray

This will hurt after 2days decision.  :(
Given this just happened, what in the case he actually retires? ???

PowerBug

Shouldn't have traded for a player that was close to retire?

If AXVs have players missing we get to upgrade a player from the rookie list, like the teams get to do. If they have 3 or more players suspended for the year then they can go get top up players. Why should we be reversing trades and what else when we can just make a very simple and non complicated decision.

nrich102

Shouldn't go reversing trades, but we may as well use the top up players.

Rids

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2016, 05:45:52 PM
Quote from: nas on January 12, 2016, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2015, 05:52:20 PM
Nice competitive trade here with two first round draft picks going for an old gun

Tibetan Llamas: Liam Duggan + Dom Sheed
                       for
Turkish Gazelles: Jobe Watson + Brady Gray

This will hurt after 2days decision.  :(
Given this just happened, what in the case he actually retires? ???

Pretty sure Nostra questioned this trade at the time. Always a massive risk trading in a 31 year old for 2 young guns especially after what had happened last year and what was hanging over his head. It is what it is now.

Well done to the Gazelles for getting the maximum in the trade.

PowerBug

Is Ben Howlett one of the guys suspended?

PowerBug

Quote from: Adamant on January 14, 2016, 06:05:41 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 14, 2016, 06:04:16 PM
Is Ben Howlett one of the guys suspended?

Yep.
ugh so I'm missing 2 players :( Thanks for Sandi by the way would be gone otherwise :)