AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 12, 2015, 07:34:56 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on August 12, 2015, 06:48:41 PM
All that really matters is the Llamas stole the Lever in the Draft 8)  thanks again!

In a SC league I think he'd have been a real steal but, I'm not as sure with this scoring.

Looking back at the draft and the players who went I think I'd have taken Lever perhaps over Ellis (7) Pickett (9), Durdin (13) and Langford (17) perhaps but, the other guys who went before him were justified.

If we did it again I don't think I would have picked him over Heeney, Laverde, Steele or Blakely which were my four picks before him.
Well we were eying Blakely but you nabbed him right before us but, Lever fell into our lap!

Defenders have been a strong suit for us and Lever will piss off a lot of rival Coaches 8)  10 marks the other week ..........

But getting Brayshaw, Duggan and Lever with the first three picks and I reckon we are winning ;)

But yeah, it's not just our monster forward line that will turn heads 8)  Backline coming together with the Shag and Thurlow getting games!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 12, 2015, 08:15:20 PM
All that really matters is the Llamas stole the Lever in the Draft 8)  thanks again!

In a SC league I think he'd have been a real steal but, I'm not as sure with this scoring.

Looking back at the draft and the players who went I think I'd have taken Lever perhaps over Ellis (7) Pickett (9), Durdin (13) and Langford (17) perhaps but, the other guys who went before him were justified.

If we did it again I don't think I would have picked him over Heeney, Laverde, Steele or Blakely which were my four picks before him.
Well we were eying Blakely but you nabbed him right before us but, Lever fell into our lap!

Defenders have been a strong suit for us and Lever will piss off a lot of rival Coaches 8)  10 marks the other week ..........

But getting Brayshaw, Duggan and Lever with the first three picks and I reckon we are winning ;)

But yeah, it's not just our monster forward line that will turn heads 8)  Backline coming together with the Shag and Thurlow getting games!

Yeah you certainly did well in the draft as well. It seems to be something of a strong point for you, as I think it is for me too.

The Llamas team will improve every year from here most likely and I look forward to when we are also good and have a strong rivalry :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 12, 2015, 09:14:08 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on August 12, 2015, 08:15:20 PM

Yeah you certainly did well in the draft as well. It seems to be something of a strong point for you, as I think it is for me too.

The Llamas team will improve every year from here most likely and I look forward to when we are also good and have a strong rivalry :P
Look forward to it ;)  yeah drafting is our strong suit trading definitely our weakness but we are confident  in who we have drafted now over three years

Big improvers the Llamas and unlucky people might say that we aren't playing finals!  LOOK OUT NEXT YEAR 8)

tbagrocks

Tibet could be trading some depth players like talented defenders Gwilt, Otten, Luke Brown, Ramsey

All we really want in a trade this year is one good midfielder, all picks on the table but our first four forwards (Cameron, Wingard, Lynch, Smith) are not, possibly match some mids together like Trengove, Hill, Douglas ect to get one star mid :)

really cant see us trading for anything else

PowerBug

Who owns Matthew Lobbe and what will it take to get a fringe player at a bottom 10 club who has terrible scoring output?

Jroo

Quote from: PowerBug on August 17, 2015, 06:07:17 PM
Who owns Matthew Lobbe and what will it take to get a fringe player at a bottom 10 club who has terrible scoring output?
If you're after spuds I'll give you the Bellchambers/McKernan combo.

PowerBug

Quote from: JROO8 on August 17, 2015, 08:29:18 PM
I have Ryder, Redden and Frampton just want to finish it off :)

I'll take McKernan off you but that benefits you so you have to give me something else to even the trade out :P

Memphistopheles

Can we please get a Trade Discussion thread set up now to keep us teams not in the finals occupied :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: PowerBug on August 17, 2015, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on August 17, 2015, 08:29:18 PM
I have Ryder, Redden and Frampton just want to finish it off :)

I'll take McKernan off you but that benefits you so you have to give me something else to even the trade out :P
He should be able to scrape a pile of donkey dung up!

nrich102

Chris Newmans on the table for a late pick  :P

Rusty00

Quote from: nrich102 on August 19, 2015, 07:37:28 AM
Chris Newmans on the table for a late pick  :P
I'll give you Spud McMahon for him? I'd actually prefer someone who is not on an AFL list to him :P

Memphistopheles

Hey lads,

I was thinking that next year for my own benefit and for others who are interested I'd run an Ultimate Footy league using the Sportsbet scoring system.

Mainly so I have easy access to player statistics from my team (and others for looking at trading in the offseason).

Is anyone else keen on joining a league like this?

It doesn't necessarily need to be a league where everyone picks their own players from the AXV (though it could be if we wanted to). We can get the stats we need from the player database once the league is set up with the scoring system.

So we could all have a bit of friendly competition in another league alongside the AXVs.

Let me know if you're keen :D 

Ringo

BB67th

Big news everyone, as our AXV Awards night will be held tomorrow night, on the 1st of September, beginning at 7:30PM, the same night as the M0nty Medal.

We will be presenting the Minor Premiers Trophy, the Wooden Chopstick, and the All Asian Team, as well as the big one, the Colliwobblers Medal, our medal count for the league B&F. I hope to see everyone here for it tomorrow night!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: BB67th on August 31, 2015, 06:02:53 PM
Big news everyone, as our AXV Awards night will be held tomorrow night, on the 1st of September, beginning at 7:30PM, the same night as the M0nty Medal.

We will be presenting the Minor Premiers Trophy, the Wooden Chopstick, and the All Asian Team, as well as the big one, the Colliwobblers Medal, our medal count for the league B&F. I hope to see everyone here for it tomorrow night!

Taiwan don't eat with chopsticks :P