AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2015, 06:41:16 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 28, 2015, 06:18:20 PM
We're getting smashed by injuries... so much so we only scored 1600 and got beaten by the Gazelles this past week.

Fingers crossed we get some luck and hang on to top 4...
There's two matches left and you are two games clear of 4th. I wouldn't worry about that :) (even though we are 4th and we play you this week)
For some reason I thought we were 4th and it was closer than that.  :-[

Edit: Our score last week wasn't great, but should Shiels and Shedwards back soon at least. Shiels probably this week and Shedwards the week after. Having them for finals will be handy.

nrich102

Anyone want to start talking trades? I could possibly be into trading Buddy Franklin, but would need to be a darn good deal.

Everyone on the list is up for trade other than maybe Jack Redden, will depend on the deal for him.

Willing to trade Fletcher for a late pick, same with Lachie Keefe and Clinton Young.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on July 28, 2015, 02:42:37 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on July 28, 2015, 02:41:40 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 28, 2015, 01:48:32 PM
Just realised we have Strikers and Tigers to finish off the year :(
without our stars Crocs are flowered
You better rest some players from your next Champions League match to ensure they refreshed for your league games :P
haha no chance? Do we have you?? You should roll us anyway now
We now have Fyfe out as well as Ablett :'(

Noz

Apologise guys for another week where i did not enter my team, I will make a more better effort to contribute to this site, I have occurred some issues that havent given me a lot of time.

This issues have no passed and free to post again :)

nrich102

So trading of future picks? I'd be keen.

Jay

Nige

nostradamus

Memphistopheles

Hanging out for the final ladder :P

Think our win last week will mean we finish 4th bottom.

After a dismal start to the year we actually had a really good finish. There's some good signs for us for the future and I reckon we'll be okay.

I'm going to have a little look back now and do a quick trade review from our off-season.

Kuala Lumpur gives: Josh Caddy + NAT #15 + Dean Towers + NAT #31
Taiwan gives: Harley Bennell + NAT #34

Nat Pick 15 was Jayden Laverde so in my opinion this deal is already looking like it will turn out in our favour. Josh Caddy is fast catching up to Bennell and maybe has even surpassed him. Both will be mid only next season I think as well. Then I got Laverde and Dean Towers as well for a 3 pick drop in the second round. I'll call this a win for us, though the Crocs will be happy with Bennell's output post the drugs scandal.

Bangladesh gives: Dean Kent + Mason Wood + Nat 16.
Taiwan gives: Cyril Rioli

Cyril Rioli has been in great form this season and has kept himself fit so on first glance this trade looks like a bit of a bust ... until you look at who was drafted with Pick 16 which was Jack Steele. In my opinion Steele is going to be an absolute jet in the future so despite an injury-interrupted year from Kent and only a few promising flashes from Mason Wood this year I feel like I've come out of this trade looking fairly decent. Short term win to the Bears but, long term I think we might end up taking the points in this one.

Kuala Lumpur gives: Jamie Cripps + Nick Graham
Taiwan gives: Matt Rosa + Joel Patfull.

The improvement in Jamie Cripps this season has been a huge bonus and I think this was a great trade for us. Nick Graham looked good in the games he's played, Cripps is seemingly getting better with each season and both of these guys are still young with room for improvement. On the other hand Matt Rosa and Joel Patfull have both had quite poor years and are getting older so long term I don't think there's any doubt that we win this trade.

Bangkok give: NAT #27
Taiwan give: Ryan Lester

Ryan Lester has played just 9 games this year despite an Lions side ravaged by injury and his output has dropped from the previous year. This has, in part, been due to a injury but at this point you'd think that this trade is looking like it could also be a win for the Dolphins. With Nat Pick 27 we picked up Tom Lamb who got early games after impressing in pre-season and has now come back and hit form again in the WAFL after injury. Lamb looks like he's a handy prospect and while I'll call this one a draw for now I think in another season or two I might be pretty pleased with this trade.

Bangladesh gives: NAT #32 + Ben Griffiths
Taiwan gives: NAT #50 + Cameron Sutcliffe

Hard trade to judge at this point. Cam Sutcliffe hasn't really kicked on this season and his average has dipped despite him having played most games. Ben Griffiths has meanwhile been around the same mark as he was last year though seems to have elevated himself above Vickery as JROO's support forward before his injury. In terms of the players in this deal it's been about a draw so far. Both sides traded on the picks in this deal so I'll call this one a flat-out draw at this point. No idea who'll win it in the future either.

Papua New Guinea gives: NAT #53 + Brandon Jack
Taiwan gives: NAT #31 + Scott McMahon

Up until recently this trade was looking like it might be weighted in the Headhunters favour due to them getting Pick 31 for Pick 53. Scott McMahon has hardly played and looks like to be cut at the end of the year while Jack played just one game in the first half of the year. However, Brandon Jack has played the last four weeks for the Swans so that might be turning around a bit. Also when you look at who was drafted with what pick it makes things more even in our favour and in fact I think we will probably come out ahead. Pick 31 was Alec Waterman while Pick 53 was Jackson Nelson. Waterman is yet to play while Nelson played nine of the first 10 games for the Eagles and is probably a bit further along in his development.

Taiwan gives: Cam Ellis-Yolmen + Nat 32
Bangkok give: Nat 26

This trade is a clear loss for us. When you factor in the picks it turns out as Cam Ellis-Yolmen + Jarrod Garlett for Brayden Maynard. While I am a big fan of Maynard and rate him ahead of Garlett, Ellis-Yolmen's development this season means the Crabs easily win this trade. I wasn't aware Ellis-Yolmen was going to get games and trading him was perhaps an oversight on my part. However, you can't win them all - well done to Bangkok for identifying his potential.

Kathmandu gives: Jeremy McGovern + Mitch Honeychurch
Kathmandu receives: Eddie Betts + Jackson Trengove + ROOK #31 + NAT #66
Taiwan gives: Eddie Betts + NAT #66
Taiwan receives: Mitch Honeychurch + NAT #38
Kuala Lumpur gives: Jackson Trengove + NAT #38 + ROOK #31
Kuala Lumpur receives: Jeremy McGovern

*Note - I think it is Jackson Trengrove. I can't find anything confirming this though.

In the short term I think this trade is a loss for us. Eddie Betts was very good for the Crows in the first half of the year. However, long term Mitch Honeychurch is still a decent prospect and could turn this deal around. With Pick 38 we got Jayden Foster while with Pick 66 the Eskimos got James Rose. Both players haven't played yet so that part of the deal is a draw. Calling it a slight loss but, with the potential for us to come out on top.

So overall a fairly successful trade period for the club and I think having a stack of picks in last year's national draft was a big win for us as it looks to have been one of the best in years.

We managed to get Isaac Heeney, Jayden Laverde, Jack Steele, Connor Blakely, Brayden Maynard, Tom Lamb, Jayden Foster and Jackson Nelson out of the draft. All bar two have seen game time this season and the guys who have played have looked decent.

Ricochet

and I said we overpaid for Harley. Hopefully the partying is behind him, but I doubt it lol

Nice writeup Memph, you've traded well

tbagrocks

All that really matters is the Llamas stole the Lever in the Draft 8)  thanks again!

PowerBug

Yeah it's Port's Jackson Trengove. He started about once for us and is eh depth. Betts was the real winning ticket though!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 12, 2015, 06:48:41 PM
All that really matters is the Llamas stole the Lever in the Draft 8)  thanks again!

In a SC league I think he'd have been a real steal but, I'm not as sure with this scoring.

Looking back at the draft and the players who went I think I'd have taken Lever perhaps over Ellis (7) Pickett (9), Durdin (13) and Langford (17) perhaps but, the other guys who went before him were justified.

If we did it again I don't think I would have picked him over Heeney, Laverde, Steele or Blakely which were my four picks before him.