AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2015, 05:18:01 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 03, 2015, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2015, 04:23:31 PM
I assume that AXVs will be following the lead of other comps and using the player averages of the Crows and Cats players that won't play this week?
Haven't spoken to BB but assume we will follow Virtual Sports and not AF. Have VS confirmed what they are doing?
Nope, VS haven't said anything yet.

All the other XVs comps are using averages, I think it's fair given the circumstances.
We follow VS in everything we do, so we'll wait to see what they say first. But XVs are slightly different to RDT/SC/. I'll chat to BB soon

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2015, 06:17:52 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 03, 2015, 05:23:40 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2015, 05:18:01 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 03, 2015, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2015, 04:23:31 PM
I assume that AXVs will be following the lead of other comps and using the player averages of the Crows and Cats players that won't play this week?
Haven't spoken to BB but assume we will follow Virtual Sports and not AF. Have VS confirmed what they are doing?
Nope, VS haven't said anything yet.

All the other XVs comps are using averages, I think it's fair given the circumstances.
We follow VS in everything we do, so we'll wait to see what they say first. But XVs are slightly different to RDT/SC/. I'll chat to BB soon
Decision announced. They've decided to use the best 18 scores as they do in the bye rounds if that changes anything.
See the Match Centre man :)
We've decided to go with averages. Its the fairest way to go about it for XVs

Nige

Yeah, I saw it immediately after I posted and hence deleted my post haha.  :-[

Nige

Thoughts on maybe having a knockout comp next year like Worlds has World Idol and BXVs has the Rob Roy?

Should be some good fun and it's not really any extra effort.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on July 17, 2015, 06:28:55 PM
Thoughts on maybe having a knockout comp next year like Worlds has World Idol and BXVs has the Rob Roy?

I'd be keen on something like that

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on July 17, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

Came to mind after you mentioned trying to get the Rising Star up for next year.

There was a lot more activity and excitement in the comp back when we had the team of the week/rising star and iirc there was even like betting odds or a tipping comp or something?

BB67th

Quote from: Nige on July 17, 2015, 06:35:31 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 17, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

Came to mind after you mentioned trying to get the Rising Star up for next year.

There was a lot more activity and excitement in the comp back when we had the team of the week/rising star and iirc there was even like betting odds or a tipping comp or something?
This all sounds like good stuff to get coaches more involved with the competition.

I plan to be a lot more active next season in my admin role and it will be a lot easier to have these extra features running then.

If other coaches ever want to run something like a tipping or betting odds comp, I would be more than happy to let them run that, it would be great to have a bit more excitement around the board!

Memphistopheles

The knockout competition would be good and it's pretty easy to run as well.

Ricochet

Just realised we have Strikers and Tigers to finish off the year :(
without our stars Crocs are flowered

PowerBug

Quote from: Ricochet on July 28, 2015, 01:48:32 PM
Beat the Strikers please :D

Rusty00

You better rest some players from your next Champions League match to ensure they refreshed for your league games :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 28, 2015, 02:41:40 PM
You better rest some players from your next Champions League match to ensure they refreshed for your league games :P
haha no chance? Do we have you?? You should roll us anyway now

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2015, 01:53:26 PM
Beat the Strikers please :D
That's like asking for Carlton to get up last weekend.. Coming off a loss, our boys will be pumped. Captain Sloane is just getting started.

Nige

We're getting smashed by injuries... so much so we only scored 1600 and got beaten by the Gazelles this past week.

Fingers crossed we get some luck and hang on to top 4...

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on July 28, 2015, 06:18:20 PM
We're getting smashed by injuries... so much so we only scored 1600 and got beaten by the Gazelles this past week.

Fingers crossed we get some luck and hang on to top 4...
There's two matches left and you are two games clear of 4th. I wouldn't worry about that :) (even though we are 4th and we play you this week)