AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: BB67th on April 12, 2014, 02:37:23 PM
Well, according to our illustrious rulebook, the only current penalty for not naming a team is you get last week's team instead.

I will talk to Koop however, and see what the whole situation is.

Maybe we need a further penalty introduced for this? Another rule to re-visit at the end of the season I think.

He's happy to come brag about his players, just can't name them.

BB67th

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 12, 2014, 11:07:20 PM
Well, according to our illustrious rulebook, the only current penalty for not naming a team is you get last week's team instead.

Maybe we need a further penalty introduced for this? Another rule to re-visit at the end of the season I think.

We've had a discussion about it and koop has assured me that it won't happen again. If it does, there will likely be some further action taken.

KoopKicka

Quote from: BB67th on April 12, 2014, 11:33:52 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 12, 2014, 11:07:20 PM

We've had a discussion about it and koop has assured me that it won't happen again. If it does, there will likely be some further action taken.

:)

Ricochet

Should really start playing Frawley lol :o :o

Memphistopheles

As there have been a couple of teams impacted by this in recent weeks - what are the chances of the Asians being able to introduce a sub rule for the coming seasons?

Like what either Worlds or British have?

Not that it would have made the slightest difference to our result but Nathan Wright being subbed off early in Q1 really hurt and BB67th was impacted by the Goddard subbing and whoever had Nic Nat would probably have been hurting if they played them for the same reason.

Jroo

Yeah I reckon this would be a good rule to introduce.

Ricochet

Tbh I don't really like it. In real life the AFL team is disadvantaged by having a gun player being subbed off and we've always said we wanted this comp to reflect real life as much as possible

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on April 14, 2014, 11:44:50 AM
Tbh I don't really like it. In real life the AFL team is disadvantaged by having a gun player being subbed off and we've always said we wanted this comp to reflect real life as much as possible

Yes but the sub rule was brought in by the AFL to reduce the advantage teams got by having a player injured early (restricting both teams to three players on the bench). So if we want to reflect real life then we should do the same imo.

Ricochet

Yeh I mean that if we were to bring in a sub rule it should be that we have to name a sub to reflect real life (as in part of your starting 15). Rather than replacing the subbed player with another score. Which i feel is kind of a cop out for bad luck. Just means the stronger teams with strong depth will be stronger. Eliminating injuries/subbed players gives less chance for weaker teams to cause an upset

BB67th

Not a huge fan of it myself, but definitely something to look out come the end of the year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Memphistopheles on April 14, 2014, 11:16:05 AM
As there have been a couple of teams impacted by this in recent weeks - what are the chances of the Asians being able to introduce a sub rule for the coming seasons?

Like what either Worlds or British have?

Not that it would have made the slightest difference to our result but Nathan Wright being subbed off early in Q1 really hurt and BB67th was impacted by the Goddard subbing and whoever had Nic Nat would probably have been hurting if they played them for the same reason.
Yeah I'm not fan. But last week with Ibbotson getting 10!!!!

Noz

Can we just go one week without someone trying to change or add a rule?

SydneyRox

Quote from: Noz on April 14, 2014, 06:28:44 PM

Everyone wants AXV to closely resemble the AFL dont they??

Noz

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 14, 2014, 06:31:13 PM

No everyone wants AXV to favour themselves.

No one said anything about these rules in the off season but as soon as they feel disadvantage they call for a rule change straight away.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Noz on April 14, 2014, 06:50:01 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on April 14, 2014, 06:31:13 PM

No everyone wants AXV to favour themselves.

No one said anything about these rules in the off season but as soon as they feel disadvantage they call for a rule change straight away.

I think you missed my sarcasm. They want to change the AFL rules every week it seems as well. Depending on the umpires mood at the time!