AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I'll ask you this... If you didn't know the rules, why did you try to break them?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: whatlez on March 30, 2014, 04:35:15 PM
I'll ask you this... If you didn't know the rules, why did you try to break them?

That makes no sense

I didn't try to break them I didn't know loopholing was not allowed

nostradamus

C'mon guys dont let this get ugly and become personal.

Rules were broken...........no, l dont think it was intentional..........but lets just all cool down and let BB make his ruling, then accept it whatever it may be and move on

Justin Bieber

So if you didn't know, then wouldn't you play it safe and play a full side. The fact that Hogan who is injured was selected is silly when you could pick someone who got dropped or injured and didn't look obvious.

BB67th

So I have gone over this issue again, and changed my mind as to the outcome of this.

In short, the Ales will receive a 0 for where Hogan is named.

Loopholing not being allowed is stating in the rules, and if someone chooses to post a team, they have the responsibility to know the league rules. Ignorance is no excuse.

Further to this I did not want to create a precedence where coaches can loophole and still get players scoring from it. So let this be a lesson to everyone. Loopholing will get you a 0 from now on.

It is unfortunate that this happened, and I hope it doesn't affect the result this week, but we have made a decision that loopholing is not to be a part of our game, so the rule must be enforced properly.

BB67th

Horrible news with Mitch Clark retiring today. He was a great talent and really could've been a good player at Melbourne.

Really annoyed that I traded Mackie and a draft pick for him, but I guess that's football sometimes.

Ricochet

That hurts mate. He would have done well in this comp

Jay

Quote from: BB67th on April 08, 2014, 06:37:47 PM
Horrible news with Mitch Clark retiring today. He was a great talent and really could've been a good player at Melbourne.

Really annoyed that I traded Mackie and a draft pick for him, but I guess that's football sometimes.
Thoughts are with him! Lets hope he gets himself right ASAP hey! :(

Looks like a got Mackie and a draft pick for free. Sorry BB!

BB67th

Getting worried that the Folders were going to be winless for a while.

Checked the draw, got the Llamas at home this week. Feeling ok about this round now. :P

Justin Bieber

Don't want to sound nasty here, but this is the second time in four weeks that Koop has missed the team naming. What's the go if he misses again?

tbagrocks

Quote from: BB67th on April 08, 2014, 09:01:06 PM
Getting worried that the Folders were going to be winless for a while.

Checked the draw, got the Llamas at home this week. Feeling ok about this round now. :P
We a shue-in, got big game boy Dom Sheed in this week ;D

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on April 12, 2014, 11:42:47 AM
Don't want to sound nasty here, but this is the second time in four weeks that Koop has missed the team naming. What's the go if he misses again?
If this was Worlds, he'd be receiving a second strike and be deducted a premiership point.  :o

BB67th

Well, according to our illustrious rulebook, the only current penalty for not naming a team is you get last week's team instead.

I will talk to Koop however, and see what the whole situation is.

Maybe we need a further penalty introduced for this? Another rule to re-visit at the end of the season I think.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: NigeyS on April 12, 2014, 02:20:09 PM
If this was Worlds, he'd be receiving a second strike and be deducted a premiership point.  :o

And don't you get sacked?

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on April 12, 2014, 03:39:16 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on April 12, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

And don't you get sacked?
Eventually, yes. Think it's three strikes and you're out.