Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 27, 2013, 04:37:13 PM
Quote from: BB67th on November 27, 2013, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on November 27, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: BB67th on November 27, 2013, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 27, 2013, 01:13:09 PM
Hey what is the deal with the compo picks?

Jolly didn't get picked up which means I should get one.

However, I have extra picks in the rookie draft. (9 picks and six spots on my list to fill - seven if you count Jolly).

Can I just take an extra pick in the rookie draft and then dump Jolly? Or dump Jolly now as he won't be playing next season.
Any compensation picks you require for players that you kept that were not picked up will be given at the end of the rookie draft. Seeing as you already have more picks than spots to fill, it looks like you won't be needing it. I'm not exactly sure when he needs to go off your list though, you will have to ask Colli about that.

Is the draft starting BB?
After seeing that some people want the draft to be delayed a bit, we will wait until Colli is around to make a decision.

::) Why do people complain AFTER an event takes place? It was well known this would be happening,

A) What happens if a leak occurs and its not the one you want? are people going to complain and delay the draft again?

B) If Rookie picks seriously alter your team structure outside of maybe the top 2-3 then its a major problem.

C) Theres a little thing called a TRADE PERIOD for a reason, if you used all 10 movements without taking changes or drafting into account then its not anyone elses fault but your own. Stop impeding others experience.

D) I have Pick 3 and I want to bloody use it. :P

I will be incredibly disappointed if the draft is delayed due to peoples in-awareness again, Im fine with it being protested and voted on before the actual thing takes place, but not after it. :o

+1

Justin Bieber

I'm with Ric here, but I'm happy either way as Ric is the deciding factor on who I'm taking at R7 :P :(

Toga

Eh, idc. I know who I'm picking so ready to go when everyone else is, I'm just not sure how long we'll be waiting for it to start if we wait for the leaks. I assume they won't all be at once?

KoopKicka

Yes I know the draft went so quickly Rico, but we've had between Sunday Night and this morning to say something about it. In regards to the leaks, I am aware thre are a lot released, but so many people will want news, if someone isnt announced, reagrdless whether its for you, or another coach, will the draft need to be delayed again until that one particular player is leaked down the track, this keeps happening and happening, and before you know it, its Crhistmas and AC has opened. ::) Trading is not expensive when you dont do it with Jroo.  I seem to have been the only one who has planned for the changes and outcomes and drafted accordingly. Meaning that if one player changes its not a massive deal and I can just trade away the surplus for a player in that position. Yes, you may have limited movements, but thats no-ones fault other than your own, we had the same problem last year.

Look, Im not attacking Rico at all, he's a mate. Im just voicing my frustration because Im ready, prepared and want to start, if the majority want it postponed Ill sit tight with a smile on my face to wait, but I feel if we postpone now its just going to keep on getting postponed until people have got DPP news for everybody that people want to get it for, and that could take a very long time, possibly delaying it by over a month when Colli said we would be starting it tonight. :-X

Koop.

Colliwobblers

the draft will start tonight and soon.

a couple of rules to work out given the complete lack of a preseason draft this season by the AFL.

positional changes happen every season and a wise coach can work out what they will be, wont get them all right, but we are all in the same boat so no disadvantage to anyone by starting before them

on that theory we should also delay trading and the nat draft until after the positional changes are released.

maybe we can vote for next season if everyone would rather wait until mid December (when people go on holidays to start trading and drafting).

Nige

Yeah, leaving it until some DPP changes are announced puts others at an unfair advantage. Waiting until after means it could be a long wait... maybe into the new year.

Start it now.

Justin Bieber

Ricochet

OK fair enough. Didn't think it would be a major issue to not rush into it but all good.

Colliwobblers

its not a major issue, it is just not going to work to have drafts and trade periods running after mid December player position announcements.

i don't want a trade period running when half our teams are away or eating roast turkey.....

Noz

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 04:41:23 PM
I think that if you didn't get to use all your list movements in trade period 1 then they should get added onto your movements for the 2nd trade period.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 04:41:23 PM
I think that if you didn't get to use all your list movements in trade period 1 then they should get added onto your movements for the 2nd trade period.
I like the sound of this.

Colliwobblers

not sure we can change it now ?

i am not against this, i am only against been able to use more than half your total movements in trade period 1.

we did vote on this however we did increase the total list movements and we did vote to keep the two periods split as far as allowed movements is concerned.

JBs-Hawks

Change it for next season, keep it the same this year

Colliwobblers

lots of votes for next season.....

yes to be fair to coaches who used their list movements i cant change it now.

Noz

I don't get how this effects anyone else? If we have left over movements then we should still be able to use them