AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on May 16, 2013, 08:55:56 PM
Damn Watts not rushed back :<

Can I name Josh Green since he's the emg col?
Trengove rushed back 8)

KoopKicka

what happened to the round review?  ???

Colliwobblers

Quote from: KoopKicka on May 16, 2013, 09:09:18 PM

not allowed to have one when the vipers lose, so don't expect many this season :)

nostradamus

Quote from: KoopKicka on May 16, 2013, 09:09:18 PM

it probably had to be re-written after the massive boil-over by the mighty Crabs  :P

Adamant

Quote from: Nails on May 16, 2013, 09:00:00 PM
You all gave shower to (I think it was tbag, but not sure) tbag or whoever it was that traded me James Kelly for pick 16.

Right now the bloke with pick 16 is flowering winning. Kelly is in and out more than a male gigolo. So annoying. One week I was rushed and didn't even see he was back as well.

After his suspension he will have played 3 of a possible 9 games for me ::)

Well, considering that pick #16 was Jackson Thurlow, who has played one game (last week), I'd say that you are still a mile in front of that trade. ;)

nostradamus

Hi Colli can l make a suggestion for a tweak of the rules for next season?

*l hope this is the right place to do it*

My idea is in-line with all forms of fantasy footy...... l think it'd be a good idea for us to be able to nominate 4 emergencies

Colliwobblers

Quote from: nostradamus on May 16, 2013, 09:26:36 PM
Hi Colli can l make a suggestion for a tweak of the rules for next season?

*l hope this is the right place to do it*

My idea is in-line with all forms of fantasy footy...... l think it'd be a good idea for us to be able to nominate 4 emergencies

i have no issue at all with 4 emergencies. would even be happy to put it to a vote for immediate start.

simply because it is a rule tweak certain to be of equal benefit to all teams, however it would slightly favour teams with more depth, however those same teams would be more likely with that depth not to need ANY emergencies....

Nails

Quotesimply because it is a rule tweak certain to be of equal benefit to all teams

No it isn't. It's a disadvantage to me. I deliberately went out and drafted my team so I'd have a F/R, M and D emergency list.

Therefore it'd destroy my entire drafting purpose/idea. Main reason I went the Hale/Roughead route. Would be a bit dodge to change it mid season imo.

Colliwobblers

so we will revisit it post season. I knew there would be a sensible reason not to change it and that you would be the one to point it out :)

tbagrocks

Crabs won a game :o  Guess they will find out how hard crashing back to earth really is!

Ricochet

Quote from: KoopKicka on May 16, 2013, 09:02:18 PM
Lets go Ric! Battle of the spuds!  ;D
Haha game on mate! Just going through my boys now... Think I might just scrape a full team this week!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 16, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
@ Whatlez:

You can name anyone you want Whatlez, whether they are playing or not, with the exception of deliberate tanking, If you think the guy is a genuine shot to play, or you simply have no worthwhile option in his position name him....

There is a loophole which you may be trying to exploit, in naming a non playing player to get an emergency score from a better player on your emergencies from a better position.

eg - name a non playing defender at D4 and take 50% of a mid player you have on your emergencies.

I have to assume this is not your intention, if it happens often or is too blatant I may have to have a closer look, but there is no official rule however there is the intention I have already stated to not allow such practices. However 50% of your 7th midfielder assuming you have 4 mids 2 more on your utilities and the 7th on your emergency, it is a stretch to assume your 7th mid at 50% will outscore your 4th defender.

Anyway you can do it but just keep in mind that we don't want teams using such loopholes, however if you genuinely think your player named as an emergency (in his AFL team) is a shot to play I think that is ok.

IT IS ESPECIALLY OK IF YOU NAME A DEFENDER AS AN EMERGENCY. this way you still get a defenders score and no one can really complain?

tricky subject, we will form a rule on this next season.

On another note,

The only real rule in naming your team is - NO TANKING  + NO MODIFYING YOUR TEAM SUBMISSION POST AFTER LOCKOUT.

game centre is up, some cracking games, Dongs and Dolphins at the top of the table clash, and crabs and llamas in the battle to get off the bottom...

some other good match ups this week, the Bears Vs the Vipers not being one of them.....

Josh Green is emg for the Lions and only 3 forwards are named this week. So he's a shot of playing if not ill get someone like lachie Whitfield and get half. Not cheating, just don't have the numbers.

Jroo

flower yes, Troy Menzel debuting this week, straight into the side as F3 lol
Will get a do it seeing as Henderson couldn't make his way into the side  :'(
Should be a close game with the HeadHunters

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on May 17, 2013, 11:15:33 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 16, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
@ Whatlez:

You can name anyone you want Whatlez, whether they are playing or not, with the exception of deliberate tanking, If you think the guy is a genuine shot to play, or you simply have no worthwhile option in his position name him....

There is a loophole which you may be trying to exploit, in naming a non playing player to get an emergency score from a better player on your emergencies from a better position.

eg - name a non playing defender at D4 and take 50% of a mid player you have on your emergencies.

I have to assume this is not your intention, if it happens often or is too blatant I may have to have a closer look, but there is no official rule however there is the intention I have already stated to not allow such practices. However 50% of your 7th midfielder assuming you have 4 mids 2 more on your utilities and the 7th on your emergency, it is a stretch to assume your 7th mid at 50% will outscore your 4th defender.

Anyway you can do it but just keep in mind that we don't want teams using such loopholes, however if you genuinely think your player named as an emergency (in his AFL team) is a shot to play I think that is ok.

IT IS ESPECIALLY OK IF YOU NAME A DEFENDER AS AN EMERGENCY. this way you still get a defenders score and no one can really complain?

tricky subject, we will form a rule on this next season.

On another note,

The only real rule in naming your team is - NO TANKING  + NO MODIFYING YOUR TEAM SUBMISSION POST AFTER LOCKOUT.

game centre is up, some cracking games, Dongs and Dolphins at the top of the table clash, and crabs and llamas in the battle to get off the bottom...

some other good match ups this week, the Bears Vs the Vipers not being one of them.....

Josh Green is emg for the Lions and only 3 forwards are named this week. So he's a shot of playing if not ill get someone like lachie Whitfield and get half. Not cheating, just don't have the numbers.

didnt think you were as per my long winded comment it is a long shot to take advantage out of doing the loophole, but thought while saying it was ok for you to do it (name an emergency player) i had better make clear the rules and my thoughts on the practice.

not having hte numbers is a ok

Jay

flowering Brad Scott puts Sam Gibson sub? This stuffs up both my XV teams >:(