AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Green, Gumbleton, White dropped. Add to Fasolo, Walker and Patton. Donut this week OOP. flower this

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on May 16, 2013, 06:38:22 PM
Green, Gumbleton, White dropped. Add to Fasolo, Walker and Patton. Donut this week OOP. flower this

could have at least had the courtesy to spud up last week instead of this week  ::)

Toga

Whatlez how are your chances looking now? >:D

Nails

Quote from: Nails on May 16, 2013, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on February 04, 2013, 11:12:43 PM
Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 11:06:28 PM
Was no hostility until tbag and lez came in. Was just asking where he came from...

Seeing as it's odd for a bloke to be "senior assistant" within 2 weeks of joining FF when there's heaps on the outer who are keen.

You say Goldy = never again, however with HMAC gone = great for goldy. You also wrote off a 24yo ruck who is obviously still developing and not even near his prime. Putting a ruckman into a "never ever" list who is
A) Still Developing
B) Had a big opposition player for TOG traded away
C) Has proven premium scoring ability in seasons past

Reeks of anything but knowledge.

Firstly, you need to know that I am very well known outside of fanfooty and that this isnt the only forum for DT  ;)

Now on to Goldy.
The Kangaroos have changed their game style. They now play a run and handball style out of the back line. This wasn't the case in 2011. HMac leaving does not mean a thing due to the fact they recruited Currie and elevated Daw off the rookie list. Plus the fact HMac was injured for the majority of 2012 anyways. Goldstein's top score was 140 against a Brisbane combo of Longer and Merrett. This inflates his average but it is true that you can only play the opposition every week. The new ruck rule is also a huge worry for Goldstein who scores 35% of his DT points by hit-outs. I can see wuite a few extra FA in 2013 for him with these new rules.

The articles I write are for entertainment. As I have always said, if people don't agree with them then fair enough.

RidleyU, you are a flowering spud.

Writing an article telling people to "never get this guy." Only for him to be one of the steals of the season.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Nails on May 16, 2013, 12:50:02 PM
You may take my post, but you will never take my FREEDOM!!!!!!
No not until you marry!

Justin Bieber

Tbags whole defence is Adelaide only haha

KoopKicka

tbagrocks

Not my fault if the mighty crows are the best fantasy team in the world!

Also I was thinking about our fourth back so skipped over, then forgot to name one :P

Thinking Jackson Thurlow is better than Russell and Batchelor!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 16, 2013, 08:10:47 PM
Not my fault if the mighty crows are the best fantasy team in the world!

Also I was thinking about our fourth back so skipped over, then forgot to name one :P

Thinking Jackson Thurlow is better than Russell and Batchelor!

you can modify your team post ( to name 4th defender) as much as you like UP UNTIL LOCKOUT

tbagrocks

Good to know, sheesh ::)  just like homework, maybe I should study the rules more :P

Thanks fearless leader! Looks like Pitdog is no closer to resuming :-\  Gotta stick with my second boy Browny! (Lairdy the first)

tbagrocks

Hmmm some Crabs in form! But so are the Llamas 8)

Battle of the kids is on! Oh it's on!

Justin Bieber

Damn Watts not rushed back :<

Can I name Josh Green since he's the emg col?

Nails

You all gave shower to (I think it was tbag, but not sure) tbag or whoever it was that traded me James Kelly for pick 16.

Right now the bloke with pick 16 is flowering winning. Kelly is in and out more than a male gigolo. So annoying. One week I was rushed and didn't even see he was back as well.

After his suspension he will have played 3 of a possible 9 games for me ::)

KoopKicka

Lets go Ric! Battle of the spuds!  ;D

Colliwobblers

@ Whatlez:

You can name anyone you want Whatlez, whether they are playing or not, with the exception of deliberate tanking, If you think the guy is a genuine shot to play, or you simply have no worthwhile option in his position name him....

There is a loophole which you may be trying to exploit, in naming a non playing player to get an emergency score from a better player on your emergencies from a better position.

eg - name a non playing defender at D4 and take 50% of a mid player you have on your emergencies.

I have to assume this is not your intention, if it happens often or is too blatant I may have to have a closer look, but there is no official rule however there is the intention I have already stated to not allow such practices. However 50% of your 7th midfielder assuming you have 4 mids 2 more on your utilities and the 7th on your emergency, it is a stretch to assume your 7th mid at 50% will outscore your 4th defender.

Anyway you can do it but just keep in mind that we don't want teams using such loopholes, however if you genuinely think your player named as an emergency (in his AFL team) is a shot to play I think that is ok.

IT IS ESPECIALLY OK IF YOU NAME A DEFENDER AS AN EMERGENCY. this way you still get a defenders score and no one can really complain?

tricky subject, we will form a rule on this next season.

On another note,

The only real rule in naming your team is - NO TANKING  + NO MODIFYING YOUR TEAM SUBMISSION POST AFTER LOCKOUT.

game centre is up, some cracking games, Dongs and Dolphins at the top of the table clash, and crabs and llamas in the battle to get off the bottom...

some other good match ups this week, the Bears Vs the Vipers not being one of them.....