AXV: Kathmandu Eskimos - KoopKicka

Started by KoopKicka, August 08, 2012, 02:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Memphistopheles FC is delighted to have joined the Kathmandu Eskimos as an assistant coach.

I've helped oversee the trading period where out list has under gone some significant changes.

Lake, Bock, Blair, Christenson, Hunt, Masten and Dempster have moved on and the Eskimos welcome the following players to their team (via a few other trades which saw players briefly come and go).

Howlett, Pedersen, Liam Jones, Motlop, Harper, Polec and Boston.

While this leaves us a little short in defence we've picked up some good talent.

Howlett is on the brink of becoming a genuine gun and completes our midfield which is locked for the next 4 years - Pendlebury, Ebert, Howlett and Hannebery. Polec will also be a jet and adds some good depth this season and could even push out one of these four in the future.

We've also added some ruck depth in Pedersen while we wait for Redden, Derickx and Currie to find their feet in the AFL.

And up forward now we've now got four young and very talented players for the future.

Rioli, Dahlhaus, Motlop and Harper. Aside from Rioli all of these players should gain dpp status in the future. Motlop hopefully as def/fwd and Dahlhaus and Harper as mid/fwd.

Liam Jones also could become a good power forward in the future which score well in this game.

Also Boston has some talent as well.

Memphistopheles

The Kathmandu Eskimos have been boosted by the news that recent acquisition Liam Jones is carving up the pre-season on the track.

Jones backed to put bite in Dogs

WESTERN Bulldogs midfielder Daniel Cross believes key forward Liam Jones is ready to take the next step and repay the faith shown to him by the club. Cross said 21-year-old Jones, heading into his fifth year at Whitten Oval, needs to provide the firepower in attack to take the Bulldogs forward this season.

"In our match simulation he's really dominating our backs at times," Cross told Crocmedia's Sportsday.

"He doesn't win the time trials, but he's such a powerful speed freak. He loves a contest, he's great overhead. Without putting a lot of pressure on him, he's really one we need to step up and go to that next level."

Cross said big man Ayce Cordy needed to join Jones in his development.

"Another one is Ayce Cordy who's in a similar boat, he's been in the system four to five years. In certain times in your career there's a time when the team needs you."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-20/jones-to-step-up?utm_medium=RSS

Memphistopheles

I've designed/updated the team kit for the Eskimos.

What do you think people? Should we update the opening post with this one?

Toga

not bad but i think koop should put up the clash & away ones i did for him a few weeks ago ;)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Toga on February 21, 2013, 02:33:20 PM
not bad but i think koop should put up the clash & away ones i did for him a few weeks ago ;)

Sounds good Toga.

Can you PM me a link to have a look as well?

I couldn't find a pic I liked of an Eskimo so went with the Igloo.

Unfortunately my work comp doesn't have Photoshop either which is annoying. Had to do this using Paint.Net.

Toga

Here's the away:

Here's the clash:

Memphistopheles

Looks good Toga, especially the away strip.

My only suggestion is that you get rid of the horrible green background from the Kathmandu Logo - I really don't like it, just doesn't match with the other colours.

Toga

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 21, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

My only suggestion is that you get rid of the horrible green background from the Kathmandu Logo - I really don't like it, just doesn't match with the other colours.

If you actually want to use them I would be happy to get rid of the green but if you don't want em I won't bother :)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Toga on February 21, 2013, 04:28:05 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 21, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

If you actually want to use them I would be happy to get rid of the green but if you don't want em I won't bother :)

Ok thanks. I'll ask Koop. I'm keen on them and would use them - they'd look great without that green.

KoopKicka

Been real pushed for time the last week, will put all of them up soon.

Memphistopheles

The Kathmandu Eskimos are very pleased to announce their cheer squad for the 2013 season.

These lovely ladies are sure to inspire the team to a few extra wins this season. They have joined us from the Edmonton Eskimos and so will of course be getting new uniforms to cheer with in our colours closer to the official season start.

tor01doc

That one second from the left is all yours.

Come visit Taiwan and see what a top shelf cheer leader should look like.  8)

Memphistopheles

Some more good news for the Eskimos today with the news that the recently re-named Beau Maister has had a great pre-season and could get more regular game time for the Saints this season

Mister Maister hopes to master matches

A FULL pre-season and an enhanced understanding of the game plan and its structures are reasons why Beau Maister is optimistic he can build on his 2012 form and become a regular for St Kilda this season.

The newly-named Maister, formerly Wilkes, has not missed a session across summer and has got through without having to manage an injury. He also believes that with a year as a Saint under his belt, he's better poised to consistently make an impact at the club after playing nearly half of last season.

"Last year was a challenging year and I was happy to a degree to get 10 games, but I'm really striving to improve on that this year," Maister told AFL.com.au.

"As much as it's never easy because it's very demanding what we do, being my second year this year I've become closer with certain guys and I feel a bit more comfortable around the club. I know the structures a lot more now than when I came straight in last year.

"Body wise I've felt good, I've done as much as I think I could have training load wise. I haven't missed a main session, so that always leaves you in good stead."

Maister, who legally changed his surname last month to that of his mother Margaret, played in rounds five, seven and eight before a further seven games between rounds 15 and 23 last year. He kicked 15 goals, including five against Melbourne in round 20, and took the fourth most marks inside 50 of any St Kilda player, despite only playing 10 games.

Maister said he was determined to make sure he was considered for senior selection each week after becoming more confident with the Saints' game plan.

"By no means (do) I want to be sitting out of the side at any stage of the year. I want to be featuring in the 22 as much as possible," he said.

"That's what every player on the list is striving towards.

"From an individual point of view, I want to put my name forward each week to be in that 22 and I'll be doing everything possible to do that."

Read more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-01/mister-maister-hopes-to-master-matches

KoopKicka

Eskimos finish pre-season off with a bang!

Kathmandu has finished its preseason off in style accounting for the Llamas by a whopping 48 points in the 23.11 (149) to 15.10 (100) massacre.

The Eskimos absolutely dazzled the hapless Llamas in every aspect, in hopefully is a sign of things to come.

Trent Cotchin dazzled as usual, as did Michael Hibberd, Brad Ebert, Paddy Ryder and Lewis Jetta.

The margin was made even more remarkable by the fact that 3 of Kathmandus starting 15 were absent from the clash. One being Emergency Captain Cyril Rioli.

Daniel Currie further staked his claims for a round 1 berth with another solid score in the ruck, coach KoopKicka is sure to be left with a selection headache less than 3 weeks out from its Round one clash with Sri Lanka.

The other disappointment for the Eskimos was the lack of points in defence. With Hibberd being the only consistent scorer in defence during the CW Cap. With Pedersen, Clarke, Stevenson and Hendersen all failing again.

The Eskimos netted the 3rd highest score for the round, which is hopefully a sign of things to come as the season approaches.

tbagrocks

Nice work Koop! The traded in mids look to be really promesing and some fine scores from them!

But we all know Ebert will beat Cotchin for the captaincy ;)