Asian 15'S RULES AND SET UP DISCUSSION

Started by Colliwobblers, July 20, 2012, 02:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

OK HERE IS WHERE WE CAN DISCUSS ALL IDEAS ON ALL RULES AND SET UP OF THE COMPETITION.

IGNORE THE POLL ANOTHER WILL BE CREATED FOR OPTIONS ON RULE / SETUP CHANGES

* OK So I will outline the set up format and all rules for the Asian 15's competition below. *

The window to leave feedback and requests for rule changes / setup option changes / draft changes and any other changes will be  TWO WEEKS from NOW. so Feedback will close on Saturday August 11 and we will then have a vote on any popular stated requests for changes.

We will also then begin a poll to determine a draft format and start date, this poll will begin August 10 and close August 12.

ASIAN 15'S

TEAMS: 16

SQUADS: Senior List = 40 players  + Rookie List = 6 players

STARTING SIDES: 15 Players - 4 DEF / 4 MID / 1 RUCK / 4 FWD / 2 UTILITY (any position)   + [ 3 emergencies any positiion ]

PLAYERS CAN ONLY BE CHOSEN FOR YOUR STARTING SIDE FROM YOUR SENIOR LIST

*Emergencies must cover a player in the position they play in or get 50% of thier score for covering a non playing player of another position.

*Emergencies are taken to cover non playing players by HIGHEST Scoring emergency first.

*If you have 4 players not playing 3 emergencies provide cover but there is no further emergency cover.

CAPTAINS/VICE CAPTAINS: Captain scores 200% of his score. Vice Captain scores 150% of his score.

*If either your captain or vice captain do not play the emergency player that covers them becomes your captain / vice captain.

HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE: The home team will recieve a bonus of 5% of thier total score.

(in other comps it is double the lowest scoring players score) this to me is not adequate to reflect a home ground advantage. working off a ton a player including captain and vice captains scores thats a score for the team of 1650, 5% bonus is 82 points. this would be a maximum as rarely will you have 15 players out of 15 score a ton. (open to discussion) MAYBE 4 OR 3% WOULD BE PREFERED TO REDUCE THE ADVANTAGE THIS CAN BE DISCUSSED

SCORING SYSTEM: Sportsbet fantasy AFL comp.

NAMING TEAMS: You must submit your team via PM to a league administrator, (I will be looking for 2 or 3 others to join me to help out with admin) by LOCKOUT prior to the first game of each round commencing. If you fail to submit a team by that deadline, your submitted team from the previous week will be taken.

SACKING: You will be sacked as coach of your team if you fail to make contact for a period of 2 weeks during the season and drafting periods. All that is required is naming your team each week to comply with this rule, if you have an assistant or friend do it for you that will be fine, although we do hope for 14 active coaches in this competition.

TANKING: Any team found guilty of tanking will lose thier first round draft pick in the national draft and recieve that pick in the final round of the national draft. Tanking is fielding a side to deliberately score less and lose to drop on the ladder and gain higher draft picks the following season.

THE DRAFTS

* Notes on the drafts:

1. The initial draft will snake i.e 1-14 then reverse. so pick 1 gets pick 32 and pick 16 gets pick 17.
2. The FIRST National draft and Preseason/Rookie drafts will repeat.
3. FUTURE SEASONS National draft and preseason/rookie drafts will repeat. sp pick 1 gets pick 17 and pick 16 gets pick 32.

*PRIORITY PICKS = OPEN FOR DISCUSSION: May want to offer teams with less than 4 wins may get extra picks in the first rounds of the draft and top teams who lose less than 4 give thier picks up in first round or two and get them in the last round or two?

INITIAL DRAFT:

The initial draft will be 36 Rounds of selections from "CURRENTLY LISTED AFL PLAYERS 2012". (WILL SNAKE)

The Draft order will be determined through the use of random.org which will require an email from all coaches and thus confirms a genuine random draft order which is generated then emailed to each member. If you do not wish to provide an email that is fina as long as we have a few with an email to enter then the few will know the random draft order has been genuinely done.

Any player drafted in the INITIAL Draft that is delisted after the 2012 season will be able to be replaced prior to the beginning of the 2013 season from ANY player remaining in the POOL of undrafted players from any of the following (undrafted players from INITIAL draft, undrafted players from NATIONAL draft, undrafted players from PRESEASON/ROOKIE draft).

NATIONAL DRAFT:

The National draft will be 5 rounds of selections from the players taken in the 2013 AFL National Draft.

The National draft order will be performed in reverse order from the INITIAL DRAFT in 2013. (WILL REPEAT) 

In the following season the team finishing Last will recieve pick 1 and the team finishing 1st pick 14. (WILL REPEAT)

PRESEASON/ROOKIE DRAFT:

The preseason/rookie draft will be 5 rounds of selections from the players taken in the 2013 AFL Pre Season and Rookie drafts.

The preseason/rookie draft order will be the same as the National draft order. ALWAYS. (WILL REPEAT)

LIST MANAGEMENT:

You have a Senior List (capped at 40 players) and a Rookie List (capped at 6 players).

The INITIAL DRAFT of 36 players ALL go onto your senior list (36)

The NATIONAL DRAFT of 5 players go onto your senior list (4) and your rookie list (1)

The PRESEASON/ROOKIE DRAFT of 5 players go onto your rookie list (5)

When a player on your senior list is placed on thier AFL Clubs LONG TERM INJURY LIST, you may promote a player on your rookie list until they are back. This allows you to play the rookie listed player in your starting squad.

* In the following seasons, players you have on your rookie list can be promoted permanently to your senior list prior to the NATIONAL DRAFT.

* In the following seasons players you draft in the NATIONAL DRAFT can be added to your senior list or rookie list. This will mean you have to DELIST players who are on your senior and/or rookie list, to make room for the new players.

*In the following seasons players you draft in the PRESEASON?ROOKIE DRAFT can only be added to your rookie list. This will mean you have to DELIST players who are on your rookie list, to make room for the new players.

TRADING

There will be two trade periods in each season.

Post Seaon.

AN AGREED TIME AFTER COMPLETION OF THE SEASON BEFORE THE NATIONAL DRAFT OF THE FOLLOWING SEASON

2 Week window to trade players, draft picks.

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LIST CHANGES = 4

A team must trade the same number of players in and out i.e 1 for 1 , 2 for 2.... ect. ect...

A team may trade a player and a draft pick swap for a player and a draft pick swap

( e.g Boyd and pick 14 for Swallow and pick 2)

Pre Season.

AN AGREED TIME AFTER THE PRESEASON/ROOKIE DRAFT PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SEASON

2 Week window to trade players only.

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LIST CHANGES = 4

A team must trade the same number of players in and out i.e 1 for 1 , 2 for 2.... ect. ect...

TRADE BLOCKING / APPROVAL:   Trades can be approved or blocked either by administrator of the league or by a number say 6 other teams voting to block the trade. Or trades can go through regardless. This needs to be voted upon prior to rules being finalized.

THE DRAW

THE DRAW WILL BE COMPLETED BY LEAGUE ADMINISTRATOR AFTER THE AFL SEASON 2013 DRAW IS RELEASED.

HOME GAMES WILL BE THE SAME NUMBER FOR EVERY TEAM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE VOTE COUNT

1. A= 8   B= 6   C= 1   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
2. A= 7   B= 3   C= 2   D= 2 DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
3. A= 3   B= 3   C= 7   D= 1   E= 0   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (C)
4. A= 7   B= 8   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
5. A= 3   B= 6   C= 2   D= 3   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
6. A= 3   B= 11   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
7. A= 2   B= 4   C= 5   D= 3   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (C)
8. A= 8   B= 6   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
9. A= 8   B= 2   C= 5   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
10. A= 5   B= 8   C= 1   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
11. A= 1   B= 8   C= 6   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)

TEAMS VOTED: 14 / 16

Pickerman
Whatlez
Jayman
BB67TH
Maca24
Tbagrocks
KoopKicka
Spinking
JBsHawks
Nostradamus
EZA100
Adamant
Noz
Monstrom
Nails/PB - only voted on options they could change the outcome on.

Colliwobblers - did not vote - would have voted with the majority, thus changed no results.

Reason for this is for example if I voted on an option that was A =7  and B = 8 , and voted A, making it a tie, then it is up to me to decide which option we take, and if I chose A it would be my vote counting twice. Unfair, so for this reason I voted with the majority meaning I did not need to vote at all, as before my vote ALL options were NOT tied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colliwobblers

POINTS TO BE VOTED UPON PRE- FINALISATION OF THE RULES

1. TRADE WINDOWS. (Pre - 2013 Season)

A) 2 TRADE WINDOWS.  2 weeks immediantly following the Initial Draft + 2 weeks immediantly following the Rookie/preseason draft (after all drafting is complete ahead of season 2013).

B) 1 TRADE WINDOW.  2 weeks immediantly following the Rookie/preseason draft ( after all drafts are completed ahead of the 2013 season).

C) NO TRADING WINDOWS. There will be no trading until AFTER the 2013 season.

2. LIST MOVEMENTS TRADING (Pre - 2013 Season) Regardless of Trade Windows - total list movements allowed

A) 4
B) 6
C) 8
D) 10

3. HOME GROUND TEAM BONUS.

* I am dead against using the "double lowest scoring players score for a home ground advantage, this rule gives basically no advantage at all to the home team and is not reflective of the "team score". There is a significant home ground advantage in the AFL and so should there be here. It cannot however be so great that it is an automatic win every home game.

*To help you make your decision, it is safe to say that the average team score in a very good round will be 2125, this if your captain scores 300, your vice captain 225, 6 players score 150, 7 players score 100. Keep in mind scoring in this comp is higher than DT and SC.

* So keep in mind a 40 - 100 point bonus in this competition is not much relative to the amount players / teams will score in this competition. I personally think 3% - 4% is about right but you all need to vote.

A) 5% of total team score - could be as much as 106 point bonus
B) 4% of total team score - could be as much as 85 point bonus
C) 3% of total team score - could be as much as 65 point bonus
D) 2% of total team score - could be as much as 42 point bonus
E) double lowest scoring players score - could be anything from 1 point to 150 point bonus.

4. HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE FOR FINALS SERIES

Q. Will the agreed upon home ground advantage stand in the final series?

A) YES
B) NO

5. TRADE BLOCKING / APPROVAL PROCESS.

* Notes on trade approval / blcoking. So we KNOW coaches have withdrawn from other worlds competitions, and that could also happen in Asians. There is not a league competition in any fantasy competition anywhere, that does not have some form of trade approval / blocking process. The reason for this is to prevent tanking, cheating and stupidity which all can lead to a dissadvantage to other teams in the league. If I wasnt to not do Asians in 2014 after the first season, I can decide to trade to my mate Whatlez, my 6 best players for his worst 6, and while none of the other teams would like me anymore, there would be NOTHING they could do to stop it! Without some form of trade approval / blocking process in place.

A) Trades are automatic approval - teams can trade ablett for blease and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

B) Trades are approved or denied by league administrator. Hard since this is me, but I could do it and post reason why and while I can say I would be totally fair, that doesn't mean parties having decisions go against them would agree it was fair.

C) Team VITO Vote System. Everyone is PM' all trades, 6 other teams need to VOTE to BLOCK a trade due to the only reason acceptable (it is extremely eneven). @ teams are involved in the trade, this leaves 10 teams of those 6 is a clear majority to be voting against the trade.

D) OPTION C + Appeals process - once trade is VITO / BLOCKED by 6 votes against it, the trading teams can apply to administrator to have the trade reviewed ( this gives the teams trading an opportunity to make thier case if they feel the trade has been blocked by other teams STRATEGICALLY - not because it is uneven). Again tho this rule leaves the final decision in the hands of ME, a competitior in the competition, I can assure you I would care more about the integrity of the competition than in my own teams performance and would certainly be TOTALLY FAIR, but this may again be an issue for some teams.

6. CAPTAIN AND VICE CAPTAIN SET UP

I STRONGLY support option B here, given the HUGE advantage of drafting 1st over drafting 16th in terms of having a massive scoring player as captain, having a bonus scoring VC as well allows the gap to be closed between the team that picks 1st and the team that picks 16th, as the team that picks 1st picks 32nd and the team that picks 16th picks 17th, and likely these two picks will be a teams Captain and Vice Captain - therefore balancing the temas out in terms of the CAPTAIN BONUS.

A) Captain and Vice Captain - Same system as DT ect. , only Captain scores 200% and Vice Captain is cover for Captain.

B) Captain and Vice Captain - Captain scores 200% + Vice Captain scores 150%. Teams name a playing emergency for both the captain and the vice captain EC + EVC, which act as cover for the Captain and Vice Captain in the same way the VC works in the standard DT format.

7. ALL FUTURE SEASON TRADE LIMITS

* See above rules thread, there will be 2 trade windows every calander year each 2 weeks in duration. This is FINAL.

One will be after the AFL preseason&rookie drafts and before the AFL season begins. PRE SEASON TRADE WINDOW and will be set by administrator based on popular demand each season.

One will be after the AFL season and before the AFL national draft. POST SESAON TRADE WINDOW and will be set by administrator by popular demand each season.

* Note: any number of draft pick changes can be involved in trading this is to set a limit on how many changes to your list can occur through trading.

Q. How many list movements are to be allowed each YEAR combined (total movements allowed over the two trade windows)?

A) 4
B) 6
C) 8
D) 10

8. DRAFT PICK POSITION CAN BE SWAPPED WITH ANOTHER TEAM AHEAD OF THE INITIAL DRAFT

* So we now have the random draft order which determines where each team picks in all 3 drafts. The question is can one team choose to switch thier draft order postion with another team?

* I am neither for nor against this as two teams switching thier draft position does not negatively effect any other teams which remain in the same position they were randomly generated in.

A) YES
B) NO

9. SUB RULE

There is the option to add to the standard emergency rule ( which is 3 emergencies who can cover players named on your field who do not play - highest scoring emergency for the position of the player that doesnt play on your field is taken - emergencies can cover players on your field in a different position to the emergencies, but only score 50% ).

The sub rule would be to simulate - replacing a player on your field who is subbed out or starts as sub ( but being broad in nature would also serve to cover a super-spud who just scores below the sub rule threshold points scored.)

The reason there would need to be a points cutoff and not actually be if a player is subbed on or off, is that it would be too much work for admin to check every AFL game to see who was subbed on or off to confirm teams in the Asians scoring.

You would name a sub (as well as your 3 emergencies). Your sub is an emergency for one player on your field that scores below a certain number of points (thus simulating that player being subbed on or off).

Obviously a player scoring 0 will be covered by an emergency not the SUB.

Q. Do we want a SUB RULE? IF YES, what is the cut off threshold of points to activate the SUB.

A) No - No SUB RULE
B) Yes - 10 points - if a player on your field scores between 1 and 10 points inclusive he is replaced by your SUB.
C) Yes - 20 points - if a player on your field scores between 1 and 20 points inclusive he is replaced by your SUB.

10. PRIORITY DRAFT PICKS ( FUTURE SEASONS)

Q. Do we want to award priority draft picks for the weakest sides after each season in the national draft?

A) NO - No priority draft picks
B) YES - Teams finishing with 2 wins or fewer will recieve 2 addidional draft picks after the first full round of the national draft. BUT DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL AFTER THE 2014 AFL SEASON ( 1st season = no priority picks)
C) YES - Teams finishing in the bottom 2 ladder positions will recieve 2 addidional draft picks after the first full round of the national draft. BUT DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL AFTER THE 2014 AFL SEASON ( 1st season = no priority picks)

* Options for priority picks are not to have priority picks start until after the second full Asian 15's season. The reason being this will prevent a team from drafting ONLY young guns and effectively tanking the first season, gaining the extra priority picks then when all thier young guns break out and thier priority picks play they will have an advantage over other teams in season #2.

This is just a good strategy but the delay of priority picks until after the second season (2014) goes some way towards preventing this strategy from being employed, which is good for the competition for season #1 in having all 16 clubs drafting to be competative ASAP.

11. ROOKIE/PRESEASON DRAFT SET UP.

* The initial draft will snake and the order is set nothing there will change unless we vote to allow teams to switch draft positions in which case they will switch and they will then be locked into that position for the initial draft.

* The national draft THIS TIME, will be the reverse order of the initial draft order and it will repeat. This is set and nothing here will change.

* The rookie/preseason draft THIS TIME, is open for voting on how we do it, select from the following 3 options.

**NOTE**  IN ALL FUTURE SEASONS THE NATIONAL AND THE ROOKIE/PRESEASON DRAFTS WILL BE DONE IN REVERSE LADDER ORDER AND BOTH WILL REPEAT AND THIS IS ALSO SET AND WILL NOT CHANGE.

Q. Which setup for this seasons Rookie/Preseason draft do you want?

A) Same order as the INITIAL DRAFT and repeats.
B) Same order as the NATIONAL DRAFT and repeats.
C) Randomized order and repeats.

**NOTE**  TEAMS THAT "PASS" FOR WHATEVER REASON IN THE NATIONAL DRAFT WILL GET THE PICKS THEY PASS ON FIRST IN THE PRESEASON/ROOKIE DRAFT. THIS WON'T CHANGE WHATEVER ORDER WE DECIDE ON IN THE PRESEASON/ROOKIE DRAFT IT JUST ALLOWS PICKS TO ANY TEAM THAT PASSES IN THE NATIONAL PICK AHEAD OF ALL OTHER PICKS IN THE PRESEASON/ROOKIE DRAFT.

Spinking

My thoughts are as follows:

1. Squads - Capped at 40 Senior + 6 Rookie. Strict rules around number of upgrades, and circumstances.
2. Drafts -  Initial Draft (36 players); Trade Period; National Draft (4 Players); Rookie Draft; Submission of Final Teams.
3. Teams - 14 - 16 (Depending on if new coaches show interest between now and commencement)
4. Rules - Same as the WVX - 4;4;1;4;2. maybe throw in a rivalry round (each team has a major rival - some sort of bonus for he winner)
5. Trades - One trade window; don't have to be 1 for 1; Must be approved as fair by other coaches
6. Conduct Rules - must have fortnightly contact; must have an assistant coach; maybe some reporting requirements

Just some ideas anyway...

PowerBug

I say hold the start of the drfat until seasons end, and try to get 4 more coaches, and draft every player. It'll be possible. :)

Justin Bieber

I have an idea, but it is pretty stupid. 1.5 points for the VC?

Only problem is if your Captain/Vice-Captain pulls out...

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on July 20, 2012, 04:23:29 PM

I don't mind it, it creates more of a differential in team scoring and is another way to get it right or screw it up but see what everyone thinks...

it also helps teams that have the last picks in the first round who have SIGNIFICANTLY lower scoring guns for thier first choice captain each week...

for examplee - Swan or Ablett vs, a round 14+ pick is not even close to fair really, at least with a VC bonus score the guy who picks say 14 and 15 is a lot closer to being even with the guy that picks 1 and 28 ( in terms of captain bonus)

if that all makes sense

Justin Bieber

Your your right Cw. I forgot to mention that I would like to have 14 teams and 16 max. 18 teams is too much and if you're a shower team, you won't make finals and will quit like that guy in Worlds.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on July 20, 2012, 04:46:08 PM
Your your right Cw. I forgot to mention that I would like to have 14 teams and 16 max. 18 teams is too much and if you're a shower team, you won't make finals and will quit like that guy in Worlds.

this is a good reason to set up the following years draft picks to significantly help the worst teams, obviously rules to apply for tanking, mods will need to keep an eye on listed teams from bottom sides in late rounds to ensure no tanking.

Jay

Quote from: whatlez on July 20, 2012, 04:23:29 PM

love this idea!

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on July 20, 2012, 02:36:22 PM
I say hold the start of the drfat until seasons end, and try to get 4 more coaches, and draft every player. It'll be possible. :)
I actually think not drafting every player makes it more interesting. Makes pre-season/ rookie drafts way more interesting :P

Noz

Might want to fix the poll you have 3 options and according to the poll you can only select up to 3 options  ???

I believe we draft 33 people on our main roster we draft 5 in the National Draft and 2 selections in the Pre Season Draft, Having a team of 40

Trade period 1, Minimum of 5 list movements per club, trades are uncapped after the first draft
Trade period 2, Minimum of 5 list movements per club, trades are capped and this occurs after the national draft before the PSD
*Trades will be put to a vote and the majority rules*
I.E Team A trades Gary Ablett for Team B Darren Glass. Majority would rule against that.
I.E Team C trades Nathan Fyfe for Team D Patrick Dangerfield. Majority could rule for that.

After the PSD we each get 2 picks in the rookie draft leaving us with a final team of 42.

Normal rules apply with the rookie draft as you have to place a injured player on the LTI list before you can elevate one.

Colliwobblers

Poll is locked and not in use at this stage, i will use it to list all the ideas we come up with and then create a seperate thread with the completed poll and enough votes to vote on all avaialable options.

I like your idea noz, LTI will be the only reason a player can be upgraded from the rookie list UNLESS the majority of coaches decide to allow a promotion period as suggested in the other thread...

so you think drafting TO a list of 40 instead of drafting above it and delisting over the 2 drafts.

in other words you only get 40 players from drafts not 46 with the option to delist 6 to improve your list over the 2 drafts. (initial draft + pre season draft)

where do the rookie list draft players come from?

Noz

Yes i believe we draft a total of 40 people in the first 3 drafts. The Rookie draft will be open to anyone who was not drafted in the National draft or the opening team draft.

I believe there is no point drafting 46 players only to delist 6, The AFL teams would of lodge there final teams before the National draft takes place cutting there lists down to 42. This should be the rule for the Asian 15's swell having a capped team of 42 players will make it even more important not to miss any gems. As we should start drafting our opening team draft before the AFL National.

Perhaps I'm out of my mind?

Maybe we can enforce the Asian 15's delisting rule if we do something no other competition has done before, We do our National Draft before the AFL do there's, Much more exciting hoping your player actually gets selected, so much more research would be needed.
Example
Team A picks Lachie Whitfield, For some reason no AFL teams pick him up. The 15 team then can decide to delist him and get a extra pick in the PSD draft. Or they can keep him hoping he is picked up in the Rookie draft but does not get a extra pick in the PSD.

Team A picks up Whitfield > Whitfield is not picked up in the AFL Draft > Team A delists him to get a extra pick in the PSD draft > Team A decides to keep him they don't get a extra pick in the PSD draft and if he doesn't get picked up in the rookie draft they delist him for nothing.

Colliwobblers

i like all of that, especially agree the best way is to draft only the maximum number of players as you mentioned, which eliminates the delisting exercise

Justin Bieber

Why doesn't Noz just run this game? :P