Asian 15'S RULES AND SET UP DISCUSSION

Started by Colliwobblers, July 20, 2012, 02:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on July 20, 2012, 10:54:21 PM
Why doesn't Noz just run this game? :P

not a bad idea he is pretty switched on, will greatly appreciate both his input and help BUT

after all is said and done the teams coaches will be voting on and selecting all aspects of this competition.... within reason :)

Noz

Don't want to run this game quite happy being a coach..........Unless there is some money involved then I'm in  :P

Colliwobblers

front page of this thread updated with suggested set up and rules we need to discuss and decide on final set up over the next two weeks.

Justin Bieber

I read the front ad I like it. Like you said 5% could be up to 100 points which huge. I think it should be less. 3% looks better.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on July 28, 2012, 06:23:55 PM
I read the front ad I like it. Like you said 5% could be up to 100 points which huge. I think it should be less. 3% looks better.

think i agree, in reality a home game is a big advantage but we have to get the balance right cant be automatic victory every home game either.

PowerBug

This is my view, but to make sure no-one throws the draft, i say no trading. Otherwise i cannot see the point of a detailed draft. :)

No trading means you will draft who you want, not who you want for "trade bait" ::)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2012, 07:08:47 PM
This is my view, but to make sure no-one throws the draft, i say no trading. Otherwise i cannot see the point of a detailed draft. :)

No trading means you will draft who you want, not who you want for "trade bait" ::)

so there is trading in future seasons? not this season tho?

or you think never any trading?

I am all for trading but understand maybe a imit on trades / list changes, interesting to see what others think

Justin Bieber

I think if there is no trading then the interest of the game will be almost dead by the start of the season year...

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 28, 2012, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2012, 07:08:47 PM

so there is trading in future seasons? not this season tho?

or you think never any trading?

I am all for trading but understand maybe a imit on trades / list changes, interesting to see what others think
Oops, shoulda specified. No trading before the 2013 season. You have the squad you've drafted. After the first season, free for all. :)

Colliwobblers

i don't mind that PB, we can add that to the options to vote in or out before we finalise the rules.

makes sense for a few reason on top of what you said it saves teams/coaches deciding to draft for each other with intent to trade players. Thus giving coaches/teams an advantage over other teams via drafting and trading to improve thier squads.

I'd be happy either way but think your point of view deserves being considered and voted upon.

Noz

The only thing I have a problem is, is your rule about priority picks (Not the part about if you finish with less than 4 wins you get a priority pick) the part about if you loose less than 4 games you get your first two picks taken away? We shouldn't penalise teams for being good.

If you win less than 2 games you get a priority pick after your first round selection which would be pick 1 and 2.
Win games between 2-4 you get a priority pick at the end of 2nd round which in my drafting system below would be picks 15 and 16.

Im thinking the snake for the national draft this year shouldn't be the normal way we do it here, It should be: Team 1 receives pick 1, Team 14 receives pick 14, Team 1 receives pick 15.

Don't really mind if the home team receives a 3 or 5 percent advantage just as long as we all have equal amount of home games in a 16 round season 8 home games each.

Just adding my 2 bobs worth otherwise it looks good  :)

Colliwobblers

Sounds good Noz I think the repeat for the national this season as well as future seasons seems fair enough added to the vote post below main post.

Also need to agree upon / discuss the way we set it for top 8/6 and a finals series.

home games must be the same yes and the draw can be finalised after the afl releses the 2013 draw.

I can rate all our teams based on champion datas player ratings and use this information to affect the draw so a team rated low can play another team rated low twice rather than a team rated high twice. If this is thought to be a good idea or i can just randon it.

priority picks your method sounds fine to me. put that on the list to vote as well.

Nails

Rule:

Must spell 'Asian' correctly in all Asian 15's thread titles.

BB67th

Quote from: Nails on July 29, 2012, 05:53:06 PM
Rule:

Must spell 'Asian' correctly in all Asian 15's thread titles.
lol

Colliwobblers