Asian 15's Expression of interest

Started by Colliwobblers, June 29, 2012, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

I say rather stack up interest in 3 rather then spread it with 4.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 29, 2012, 06:23:17 PM
Well, tbh I am opposed to this.

My reasons and IMO:

1) People have had THREE opportunities to get teams in either the Worlds, Euro's and English now, and Ive seen very active assistant coaches that seem to do more work than the real coach, meaning that if people really want to be a part of it, they can be an active in an existing team. Now i am fully aware that people may not have known or are new to the forum that would love to participate, but this child board is getting ridiculously messy.

2) Maybe, if people with currently two or even three teams dont want another comp, perhaps they could share their teams. Or we could have a rule were every team, including myself, who doesn't have an assistant coach MUST get one if someone wants to be a part of it. But again, that doesnt guarentee them much say in the team, but i believe having more people involved in the current three competitions would be better than having a fourth.

OR, but i highly doubt this will happen, we could get two child boards, one ofr Worlds and Euros, one for the other two.

Yeah i'm not sure on how active coaches in euro's or worlds are or are not, i am an assistant to a coach of a team but he only has asked me to pick the team twice this season which i was happy to do, other than that, the assistant coach role has basically been nothing more than my name on his team next to assistant coach.

Don't really think it is relevant what is going on in the other comps?

Agree new coaches may want to participate and see no reason why they can't.

Assistant coaches are required to do what other than choose the run on side each week once the season starts?

As for the boards getting crowded i really can't see any issue with just posting the comps in different areas if it bothers euro or worlds coaches it doesnt need to have english or any new comp in the same board.

The overwhelming majority of oppinion to this point seems to be against a new comp, mainly due to crowded boards and a possible lack of interest in continuing with the new or existing comps?

The rule for this comp and what should be the rule for ANY comp, is if the coach goes missing in action or loses interest his team is taken over by the administrator of the league and appointed to either his assistant or a new willing coach. Fixes any issues of lack of interest or work.

The main advantage to having the 2 new competitions is also got to be seen as attracting new players to the two "other" fantasy football games, spreadding FF dominance throughout the AFL Fantasy football world.

Still if the Euro and Worlds coached have enough valid and strong opposition to the new comps this is why i posted an expression of interest and discussion thread instead of just arrogantly going off and starting it straight up.

while we have 8 coaches willing to play already we also have a ton of votes against the comp existing so more time maybe to discuss...

Ziplock

yeah, that's basically the major issue- over crowding, and lack of interest. You're going to be hard pressed to find enough active people to take the helm of the teams (who aren't already participating in ueros, world or english). The over crowding is a big one- despite what os says about paralleling it to players and trades, he's basically wrong :P

firstly os, because players and trades is a supplement and advice forum for DT/ SC, not the actual competition itself. It'd get pretty annoying if you had to scroll 5 pages back to go find your dreamteam in order to name a team for the week. Which pretty much leads me onto my second point, for P&T, you don't flip back looking for topics, if you need to find lets say a topic about broughton, you check maybe the first one or two pages, then just make a new topic if nothings on. But it'd be ridiculous to have a similar method for euros and worlds- 'I can't find the valkyries page, so I'll just make a new one.'

I dunno why os is so opposed to new child boards :P

ftr though, I think extra competitions will just detract from the ones going atm. Let those garner interest, then launch AXV for the 2014 season or something :P

JBs-Hawks

For teams what do we count as Asia? Can I take Australia? :p

Torpedo10

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 29, 2012, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 29, 2012, 06:23:17 PM
Well, tbh I am opposed to this.

My reasons and IMO:

1) People have had THREE opportunities to get teams in either the Worlds, Euro's and English now, and Ive seen very active assistant coaches that seem to do more work than the real coach, meaning that if people really want to be a part of it, they can be an active in an existing team. Now i am fully aware that people may not have known or are new to the forum that would love to participate, but this child board is getting ridiculously messy.

2) Maybe, if people with currently two or even three teams dont want another comp, perhaps they could share their teams. Or we could have a rule were every team, including myself, who doesn't have an assistant coach MUST get one if someone wants to be a part of it. But again, that doesnt guarentee them much say in the team, but i believe having more people involved in the current three competitions would be better than having a fourth.

OR, but i highly doubt this will happen, we could get two child boards, one ofr Worlds and Euros, one for the other two.

Yeah i'm not sure on how active coaches in euro's or worlds are or are not, i am an assistant to a coach of a team but he only has asked me to pick the team twice this season which i was happy to do, other than that, the assistant coach role has basically been nothing more than my name on his team next to assistant coach.

Don't really think it is relevant what is going on in the other comps?

Agree new coaches may want to participate and see no reason why they can't.

Assistant coaches are required to do what other than choose the run on side each week once the season starts?

As for the boards getting crowded i really can't see any issue with just posting the comps in different areas if it bothers euro or worlds coaches it doesnt need to have english or any new comp in the same board.

The overwhelming majority of oppinion to this point seems to be against a new comp, mainly due to crowded boards and a possible lack of interest in continuing with the new or existing comps?
Colli, Sorry i haven't asked much from you. Not much to do during season. you, Sprinkling and JB can be my trade organizers come End of Season though. might ask something from you now. Check your PMs soon.

Colliwobblers

@ Torpedo10 - It wasn't a complaint, and i feel i should help more but as i've said to you in the past just PM me anything you need and i'll help out where i can.

Certainly not unhappy you haven't asked much of me quite the opposite - point i was manking is it is your team and you made it, maintained it and compete with it, so the COACH is really the one that has to be active and "invested" in the competition.

The assistants are people willing to help but probably are not as invested in what is going on, for example i have no idea where your team is on the ladder or anything else at all to do with it :) not even sure if its euros or worlds :)

Just trust me i wan't complaining about you just making a point about assistant coaches.

Anyway certainly as per above post we won't do anything with Asians..... until the concerns of the Euro's and World's coaches are addressed to most of thier satisfaction

Colliwobblers

* Anyway certainly as per above post we won't do anything with Asians..... until the concerns of the Euro's and World's coaches are addressed to most of thier satisfaction :)

respect to the other comps is essential I don't want a bunch of angry FF Members hating us for existing, if we get it right, time it right, maybe find a seperate home for it on the boards, and don't steel thier coaches maybe we can get it up with everyone happy.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 29, 2012, 09:56:06 PM
@ Torpedo10 - It wasn't a complaint, and i feel i should help more but as i've said to you in the past just PM me anything you need and i'll help out where i can.

Certainly not unhappy you haven't asked much of me quite the opposite - point i was manking is it is your team and you made it, maintained it and compete with it, so the COACH is really the one that has to be active and "invested" in the competition.

The assistants are people willing to help but probably are not as invested in what is going on, for example i have no idea where your team is on the ladder or anything else at all to do with it :) not even sure if its euros or worlds :)

Just trust me i wan't complaining about you just making a point about assistant coaches.

Anyway certainly as per above post we won't do anything with Asians..... until the concerns of the Euro's and World's coaches are addressed to most of thier satisfaction
It's euros cause it's DT, I sent u a PM. Why isn't Sprinkling coming up when I try to send multiple PMs?

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on June 29, 2012, 09:49:22 PM
yeah, that's basically the major issue- over crowding, and lack of interest. You're going to be hard pressed to find enough active people to take the helm of the teams (who aren't already participating in ueros, world or english). The over crowding is a big one- despite what os says about paralleling it to players and trades, he's basically wrong :P

You have good points Ziplock - but you can't claim over crowding AND lack of interest. If there is lack of interest, there won't be overcrowding.

Each week, you will have:

- A team thread, where results are posted also

- A ladder thread, which are stickied.

- Random threads

- People only update there own team threads sporadically, which are linked through directories that are stickied anyway.

So basically, we're asking for separate boards for 3 active topics per week per comp :/

BUT, if everyone wants, I can move all the English threads out of the WORLD XV section if you guys are finding it tough.

@Colliwobblers, I'm all for the Asian comp. Not really sure why people are against it :/

Colliwobblers

OK Ossie, probably don't want thier existing comps diluted by the new comp, i understand that expected it and would aim to ensure that didn't happen, still the coaches in the euros and worlds should be right into it and stay into it or hand teams over and no other comp should be ABLE to take away from those existing comps.

If you are setting up a seperate boards for the english maybe the asians can go in there also to save you making double.

The more boards the more admin.....

I will continue to get feedback and look at potential new coaches and the guys already expressing interest and willTRY to make sure we have things setup to keep the existing comps coaches happy.

* The bottom line is the EURO and WORLD comps will ALWAYS be the "premium prefered" comps,

1. They were there first.

2. MAINLY - they are based on fantasy comps DT and SC with about 5000 times the participants of the fantasy competitions in VS and Sportsbet that the English and Asian comps are proposed to be based on.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 29, 2012, 09:58:04 PM
* Anyway certainly as per above post we won't do anything with Asians..... until the concerns of the Euro's and World's coaches are addressed to most of thier satisfaction :)

respect to the other comps is essential I don't want a bunch of angry FF Members hating us for existing, if we get it right, time it right, maybe find a seperate home for it on the boards, and don't steel thier coaches maybe we can get it up with everyone happy.
I PMed you.

ossie85

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 29, 2012, 10:10:26 PM
* The bottom line is WORLD comp will ALWAYS be the "premium prefered" comp,

Fixed.

Fair call Colli :)

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on June 29, 2012, 10:16:27 PM

Fixed.

no it was correct before

Torpedo10

Fixed.

ossie, for DTers Euros will always be prefered comp.

BGK

Fixed.

Come in Os, even I know that's not how you spell EURO.