Asian 15's Expression of interest

Started by Colliwobblers, June 29, 2012, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

OK so we now have DT SC and VS comps covered in the 15's comps, worlds, euro's and english.

I play the sportsbet comp which has proven to be reliably run yearly now and certain other FF members play it as well.

I am willing to mirror the english comp and run it, happy to have a partner/s in running it.

The sportsbet comp is probably the MOST different in scoring methods making for a very different competition.

The main difference being 12 points for goals, it is likely to be the only comp that see's key forwards rated higher or at least as highly as mid/fwd types.

Also 6 points for a tackle makes certain players more valuable again in this comp.

4 points for a mark and a kick, makes the defensive link men valuable, and only 1 point for a free kick FOR.

The question is how many 15's are too many? Given only coaches with the time and will to enter a new one would I don't see an issue with having 4. Covers all the regular AFL fantasy competitions run annually.

So THOUGHTS?

Anyone interested in the creation and participation in a Sportsbet based Asian 15's.

Would look at running a similar draft schedule to the English comp with a relaxed, slow start-up with a view to accelerate the draft ONLY once the national draft draws near, to ensure the draft got completed before the national.

Nothing any different to the other 15's comps except based on Sportsbet.

Kick    4 Points
Handball    2 Points
Mark    4 Points
Tackle    6 Points
Free Kick For    1 Point
Free Kick Against    -3 Points
Hitout    1 Point
Goal    12 Points
Behind    1 Point

Post if you are interested in taking part.

Post is you are seriously opposed to the comp existing at all.

May be worth advertising in the forums in the coaches section to see if "new 15's" coaches are interested if the existing coaches of existing 15's teams are already doing enough and aren't interested.

We will see what the general feeling is on the addisiton of a fourth 15's and go from there.

Colliwobblers

INTERESTED COACHED + TEAMS

* All Coaches and countries and teams names to be confirmed *

ENTRY CONFIRMED = BLUE

TEAM NAME CONFIRMED = GREEN

ENTRY WITHDRAWN = RED

1. Coach: Colliwobblers Assistant:  Team:  Vietnam Vipers
2. Coach: Whatlez Assistant: Holz Team:
3. Coach: Monstrom Assistant: hellopplz Team: PNG Barbarians
4. Coach: KoopKicka Assistant: Jukes  Team: Kathmandu Eskimos
4. Coach: Noz Assistant:  Team: Turkey Gazelles
6. Coach: BGK  = WITHDRAWN
7. Coach: Picker_Man  Assistant:   Team:  Mongolian Lambs
8. Coach: JB Hawks Assistant:   Team:  Australia
9. Coach: Spinking   Assistant:   Team: Taiwan Dolphins
10. Coach: Blue = WITHDRAWN
11. Coach: BB67th Assistant:  Team: Manila Folders
12. Coach: Nostradamus Assistant:  Team: Bangkok Crabs
13. Coach: Jayman Assistant: Ringo Team: SriLanka Strikers
14. Coach: EZA100  Assistant:  Team:
15. Coach: Adamant Assistant: Shihan7 Team: Bangladesh Bears
16. Coach: Nails + PowerBug Assistant:  Team: Hong Kong Dongs
17. Coach: tbagrocks Assistant: Torminator Team: Tibetan Llamas
18. Coach: Maca24 Assistant: Team: Malaysia KL Crocodiles

AT THIS STAGE WE WILL BE CAPPING THE TEAM ENTRIES AT 16. THE FIRST 16 TO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO CINFIRM ENTRY VIA PM TO ME AS PER MY PM TO ENTRANTS, FAILING TO DO SO WITHIN THE TWO WEEKS WILL OPEN THE DOOR FOR COACHES OUTSIDE THE FIRST 16 TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION.

COACHES WITHIN THE FIRST 16 MAY ALSO CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW IN FAVOUR ON ALLOWING NEW COACHES OUTSIDE THE FIRST 16 LISTED ABOVE TO JOIN.

THE LIST OF ENTRANTS WILL BE FINALISED AT TEH COMPLETION OF THE 14 DAY WINDOW ENDING 25TH AUGUST.

POPULAR DEMAND MAY ALSO INCREASE THE TEAM ENTRANTS TO 18 - OR IT MAY REMAIN AT 16.

Justin Bieber

I love the SB scoring and this will give me and you a huge advantage cw.

I'm in :)

monstrum

Why not i just love drafting... Plus i can make a whole new kit  :p

Colliwobblers

Quote from: monstrum on June 29, 2012, 01:24:10 PM
Why not i just love drafting... Plus i can make a whole new kit  :p

I might offer to pay someone to make a new one if this gets up took me ages to do mine and it's dodgey as :)

monstrum

Lol!.. ill giv it a crack, i asked everyone the other day if anyone would want me to do it coz i like doin it, but it kinda got lost in the thread.

Also maybe we could consider having a smaller league? Easier to fill and more players in the draft, i reckon 8 could be good..

Justin Bieber

Reading through it again, I'll help you run it.

I recommend no co-coaches, cause I hate that.

Colliwobblers

yeah i don't mind there being co coaches and assistants but should we end up setting rules for the draft as in time for turns guys with co coaches might have to both be able to independantly pick when they are up, but as long as whatever time frame for drafting everyone agrees on is followed it doesnt really matter.

I will look into software for drafting may be able to get a live draft up for this comp, even if it just a couple of hours at a time on agreed dates it would be smoother than the slow type and if we delay the start long enough to give people time to prepare full lists of their player rankings by position then the time they need to pick would be greatly decreased.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: monstrum on June 29, 2012, 01:33:58 PM
Lol!.. ill giv it a crack, i asked everyone the other day if anyone would want me to do it coz i like doin it, but it kinda got lost in the thread.

Also maybe we could consider having a smaller league? Easier to fill and more players in the draft, i reckon 8 could be good..

8 might be too few as in too many players each side but guess that doesnt matter still best 15 play, but open to any modifications / changes from the existing worlds formats.

Boomz

I'll be assistant if someone chooses Indonesia. Cbf running another team though.

Zombie2.5

Interested, but don't think I have the time to run a team. Happy to be an assistant though. Drafting is fun :). And i agree, we should only have 8(well less teams, i don't know how many). It'll be easier to draft and do everything, and everyone gets better players. Wouldn't have to wait so long for your turn either.

KoopKicka

Spite

Hey colli, I am against this competition. We have just started up the Euro's and people (such as whatlez) have already said that they are getting bored. Does he need another team? Sorry for using you as an example whatlez, did not mean anything personal.  Then, there will be new people on the site at the end of next year who may become really active and want to take part in a 15's comp. Whatlez has had a rise in just half a year really which has been great (counter-acting with something nice :P) but if someone else does this next season, I doubt anyone will want to make  another 15's comp. It will allow new coaches and new active players a chance to get a 15's team if you start this one at the end of the following year.
Just my 2 cents, but I wish you best of luck however you go about it :)

Colliwobblers

makes sense spite will give it time to see where everyone stands.

I guess "people" that lose interest can hand over teams to the new up and coming active coaches.

on a side note, i think Whatlez is just annoyed at the forum changing and the draft slowing, doubt he has totally lost interest in the thing, just experiencing a "low" coming of the back of his drafting "high" :)

This is why i want feedback tho, it can start in 2013 or not depending on how everyone see's it.

Ziplock

I agree with spite. Shelve this one until next season :P