EXV: Svalbard Valkyries

Started by Ziplock, November 19, 2011, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Interesting facts: Hanley polled 9 out of his 13 games, averaging 1.23 votes per game, polling in 69% of his matches.
Compared to that, Ward averaged 1.13 votes per game, and only polled in 40% of his matches.

The top 5 for votes per game are rounded out by Grant with 1 votes/game from 3 games, Laird with 0.833 votes/game from 6 games and Goodes with 0.75 votes/game from 8 games.

In contrast, Bastinac who averaged 85 this year and played 14 games only picked up 1 vote- polling just 0.07 votes per game.

For the number of times polled per game (who polled the post often in the games they played), Hanley topped it with, as said before, polling in a huge 69% of his 13 games.
Second place was Grant, polling in 66% of his 3 games
3rd went to Ziebell at 43% from his 14 games
4th was Ward at 40% of his 15 games
and Goodes rounded out the top 5 polling in 38% of his 8 games.

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on December 16, 2013, 03:22:15 PM
I don't think many people care

You cared enough to comment soo... #Swiftsa

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

well, including myself there's been 4/14 coaches comment, 29% of coaches is a reasonable demographic of caring :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Ziplock on November 12, 2013, 03:15:06 PM
The Valkyries would like to announce that due to unforseen circumstances, we will no longer be able to be located in or affiliated with the Vatican, and will be playing, from 2014 onwards, in a new home country. We apologise to our Vatican based fans,  to our players, families and staff.

More to come in following weeks.

For such a big decision, the board took longer deliberating the change of location than originally anticipated.

Working with our Norse based mythology, the Valkyries are officially relocating to Svalbard, which while technically recognising Norwegian sovereignty, is also classed as a nation. Svalbard is the most northerly permanently inhabited place on earth, and subsequently due to the extremely low temperatures  (average summer temperature of 4-6 degrees, average winter temperature -16 to -12) means that a permanent fully indoor 70 000 person stadium as well as training facilities will be constructed outside the University Centre in Svalbard. 

Our major sponsor is now Store Norske Spitsbergen Kulkompani (Store Norske) and the Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry, whose sponsorship includes the payment of transportation for all Gold Member Valkyrie supporters to all games of their choice, an offer which allows us to be based in Svalbard, boosting the country's tourism. Tod's Shoes will remain a secondary sponsor of the team.

Despite our huge relocation as north as possible, the Valkyries with the support of the Svalbardians are still offering to play for the South in North V South championships if otherwise unorganisable.

Our new Number One Ticket Holder will be Jennifer Lawrence, because there's nobody famous from Svalbard, and she's awesome.

Cool facts about Svalbard- most northern inhabited place on earth
-Nearly completely crime free
-Has more polar bears than people
-Is the home of the Valkyries

Nige

Norway is cool, Jennifer Lawrence is cool, polar bears are cool.

I like it.  :P

Ziplock

Quote from: NigeyS on January 17, 2014, 06:23:42 PM

we're not part of norway, there's already a norweigian team.

We're Svalbardian :P

elephants

How the phuck do you pronounce that haha

Scrads

Nice Zip should be a sweet advantage to your side at home games :) mind if I ask what spurred you into deciding to relocate?

Nige

Quote from: Ziplock on January 17, 2014, 06:25:13 PM

Haha righto.

Svalbard sounds sick anyway.  :P

Saw the bit about Norse based mythology and immediately thought Norway haha.

Justin Bieber

No idea where Svalbard was... Or that it even existed until I read that :P.

Polar Bears are cool like Nigey said, shame they can't be your mascot ;). Wonder if Jennifer will go to many of the games though in the freezing weather haha.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on January 17, 2014, 06:25:47 PM
How the phuck do you pronounce that haha

Val-ka-ree-s

Quote from: Scrads on January 17, 2014, 06:27:35 PM
Nice Zip should be a sweet advantage to your side at home games :) mind if I ask what spurred you into deciding to relocate?

yeah, enjoy the travel time guys.

We had some unresolvable issues pertaining to the Catholic Church and by association the Vatican :P

Quote from: NigeyS on January 17, 2014, 06:30:29 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 17, 2014, 06:25:13 PM

Haha righto.

Svalbard sounds sick anyway.  :P

Saw the bit about Norse based mythology and immediately thought Norway haha.

Haha, all good. Just don't make that mistake again.

;)

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 17, 2014, 06:33:31 PM
No idea where Svalbard was... Or that it even existed until I read that :P.

Polar Bears are cool like Nigey said, shame they can't be your mascot ;). Wonder if Jennifer will go to many of the games though in the freezing weather haha.

oh well, Iceland needs something. I hear she's keen for all the games?

another interesting fact: Svalbard has a global seedbank, design to withstand the effects of a nuclear war.

elephants

Justin Bieber