EXV: Svalbard Valkyries

Started by Ziplock, November 19, 2011, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Will the board be sharing their reasons for deciding to relocate? Some fans may need some justification to remain loyal to the new side.

elephants

Quote from: Scrads on November 12, 2013, 05:22:16 PM
Will the board be sharing their reasons for deciding to relocate? Some fans may need some justification to remain loyal to the new side.

Yeah, both of them. :P

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on November 12, 2013, 05:22:16 PM
Will the board be their reasons for deciding to relocate? Some fans may need some justification to remain loyal to the new side.

I would suggest their dismal home game numbers considering there is less than 1000 residents of vatican city

Ziplock

^ The board will admit that was a contributing factor, especially considering how difficult it is to allow entry into the vatican for visitors.

Alas, most our reasons will remain undisclosed. Our fans can seek comfort in our improved onfield performances next season when we win the grandfinal, lead by our new star spearhead forward Chris Dawes.

A number of teams have already approached me in terror asking if they can forfeit their matches against us already, as they do not wish to subject their playing group to the mental trauma of being crushed by the (Soon to be named) Valkyries.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 12, 2013, 06:32:44 PM
^ The board will admit that was a contributing factor, especially considering how difficult it is to allow entry into the vatican for visitors.

Alas, most our reasons will remain undisclosed. Our fans can seek comfort in our improved onfield performances next season when we win the grandfinal, lead by our new star spearhead forward Chris Dawes.

A number of teams have already approached me in terror asking if they can forfeit their matches against us already, as they do not wish to subject their playing group to the mental trauma of being crushed by the (Soon to be named) Valkyries.

You must have misread my memo zip. Serbia offered mercy by allowing you to forfeit our two matches. I think we could have a more competitive intra club match.

In reviewing our season we realised our match with valkyries in the last round wasn't nearly competitive enough to prepare us for finals and thus the poor pefornance.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on November 12, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 12, 2013, 06:32:44 PM

You must have misread my memo zip. Serbia offered mercy by allowing you to forfeit our two matches. I think we could have a more competitive intra club match.

In reviewing our season we realised our match with valkyries in the last round wasn't nearly competitive enough to prepare us for finals and thus the poor pefornance.

ohhhhh

see, I saw that as fear... guess I was just reading between the lines.

6 months is a long time in football :P

Ziplock

The loss of Mcevoy and Stringer is a big blow to our team, but it's offset by the gain of the second pick in the national draft, Giles and Higgins.

Ziplock

Valkyries are tallying up the best and fairest count, results will be out soon!

Ziplock

So, a couple of stats for games played (Valkyries include finals in our B&F, so our team played 15 matches this year).

Only 8 players did not take the field this year- Veszpremi, Jacobs, Frost, Towers, Stringer, Hickey, Lee and Dick.

only 2 players played all 15 games: Ward and Mcevoy
Another 2 players played 14 games: Ziebell and Bastinac
And 2 more players played more than 12 games: Hanley (13) and Golby (12)

Average number of games played by our best 15:

Backs=10.25
Mids= 11.5
Rucks= 15
Forwards= 8

Total number of average games for best 15: 10.5

Now going to tally up the count.

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on December 16, 2013, 03:22:15 PM
I don't think many people care

Really???

flower me, I thought fox sports was hanging off my every word.

Holz

I actually thought it was pretty interesting that Zip only had 8 players not play.

the forward line looks like very high turnover.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2013, 03:45:15 PM

I actually thought it was pretty interesting that Zip only had 8 players not play.

the forward line looks like very high turnover.

We had a fair few injuries/ suspensions/ shower form this year :P

Ziplock

Round by Round Results

Round 1: Ward 3,  Hanley 2, Cunnington 1
Round 2: Grimes 3, Jack Trengove 2, Mcevoy 1
Round 3:  Ward 3, Golby 2,  Bewick 1
Round 4: Christensen 3, Hanley 2, Ziebell 1
Round 5: Mcevoy 3, Ziebell 2, Hanley 1
Round 6: Hanley 3, Goodes 2, Ziebell 1
Round 7: Goodes 3, Ziebell 2, Hanley 1
Round 8: Laird 3, Bastinac 2, Goodes 1
Round 9: Christensen 3, Laird 2, Clay Smith 1