Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggy

Chael Sonnen is up there as one of my favourites for sure. Quite possibly even with GSP. :P

j959

Quote from: Shaggy on January 26, 2012, 11:50:49 AM
Chael Sonnen is up there as one of my favourites for sure. Quite possibly even with GSP. :P
you're back!  ;D

missed ya mate!  ;)

RiOtChEsS

Pissbing doesnt hava chance in hell :P

Justin Bieber

Maca24

CrowsFan

Everyone don't forget! Starts at midday and goes till 2 :)

My predictions are:
Davis over Evans
Sonnen over Bisping
Weidman over Maia

CrowsFan

Wasn't the most exciting UFC event I have seen.

Evans won my unanimous decision, all judges scoring it 50-45.
Sonnen won by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Weidman won by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

j959

Quote from: Marcz on January 28, 2012, 02:32:53 AM
Pissbing doesnt hava chance in hell :P
I thought that too ... that Sonnen was gonna run thru him but props to him, he is pretty close to elite to hang with Sonnen like that!  :o

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 29, 2012, 08:49:16 PM
Wasn't the most exciting UFC event I have seen.

Evans won my unanimous decision, all judges scoring it 50-45.
Sonnen won by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Weidman won by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
"Wasn't the most exciting UFC event I have seen." - yeah, i thought Evans v Davis was gonna explode but Phil isn't up to it ... yet.  ;)

Sonnen won for sure, but I thought at least all 29-28s ... that 30-27 is a joke!
I get that Sonnen took Bisping down at least 1-2 times in each round but he did nothing whilst having him on the ground and Bisping got up fairly easily 3/4 of the time from my memory ...
i just don't like the 'bias' towards the wrestling - i get that a takedown is effort and skill but i just think the weighting is a bit too much, just bring it back a touch - Bisping controlled that fight for the first 2 rounds ...

Maia didn't look prepared and his stand-up strategy was pretty flawed as Rogan was commenting (think Bisping would have won easily if they had faced off).

Davis - not ready for that next level but he learnt a lot and didn't get finished - would like to see him face off with Bader next!!  ;)  [though I think Bader is next fighting Rampage! in Japan in 3 weeks or so?]

let's see ... what's next??   ;D

UFC 143 - Diaz vs Condit - this Sun 5 Feb 2012
Ok, with GSP on 'the shelf' cos of injury we get an interim welterweight title fight ...   :D

from wikipedia:

Main card
Interim Welterweight Championship bout:  Nick Diaz vs.  Carlos Condit
Heavyweight bout:  Roy Nelson vs.  Fabricio Werdum
Welterweight bout:  Josh Koscheck vs.  Mike Pierce
Bantamweight bout:  Renan Barão vs.  Scott Jorgensen
Middleweight bout:  Ed Herman vs.  Clifford Starks

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 28, 2012, 10:01:12 PM
Everyone don't forget! Starts at midday and goes till 2 :)

My predictions are:
Davis over Evans
Sonnen over Bisping
Weidman over Maia
I would have gone all the other way around :P. But a tad biased of course.

The Sonnen Vs Bisping match was pretty decent. Bisping controlled the stand up quite well but as you said J, the takedowns and ground control got Sonnen over. But think the fight only did good things for Bisping, as he held his own against Sonnen.

The Evans Vs Davis match literally put me to sleep. The heat of the day made me fall in and out of sleep from like round 3 to the end. Evans' experience certainly showed, saw those crucifixions he got Davis in first 2 rounds. The size didn't really effect him too much but Jones I think is even bigger, so will certainly take somewhat a greater strategy to overcome him.

I'm going for Condit in that fight against Diaz :P.

RiOtChEsS

Props to Bisping that was the best id seen him look and Sonnen looked a little off.

Dana actually tweeted he had Bisping winning on his card...

Weidman looked impressive considering he took the fight on 11 days notice, heaps of potential 8)

Davis is still raw, his feet kept slipping too ??? glad Rashard is gonna get his fight :P

in other news the new TUF coaches will be...

Wanderlei Silva Vs Vitor Belfort  8)

Maca24

Well I enjoyed the Rashad vs Davis fight... maybe I'm strange :P

Rashad to beat Bones!! Plzzzz haha.

CrowsFan

Bro has another fight...

He has taken this on short notice. Not as short as Weidman obviously but still pretty short ;)

Justin Bieber

Not far off, good luck to him. Hopefully he can continue winning.

That could make for a good season! Both veterans and could make for a decent match (Hopefully put on TUF Finale).

RiOtChEsS

awesome CF 8) would be a good win on his resume if he can get it with the short notice an all...

defs gonna be a sic season http://mmajunkie.com/news/26527/vitor-belfort-wanderlei-silva-named-coaches-of-the-ultimate-fighter-brazil.mma...

woah theres flowering two of em :o http://mmajunkie.com/news/26414/the-ultimate-fighter-15-coaches-revealed-dominick-cruz-and-urijah-faber.mma... Faber Vs Cruz too

Maca24

The Brazil TUF will all be in brazilian language I'd imagine? therefore harder to watch :P