Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: j959 on November 16, 2016, 03:48:16 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on November 16, 2016, 01:53:59 PM
Woodley has come out and said if Conor wants it he'll sign right then and there.
I just don't think it's realistic or fair to the overall integrity of the organisation to let him go for Woodley and the welterweight title when he hasn't defended the featherweight belt for some time by my recollection ...

I already feel that the simultaneous 'two division title holder' moniker is a little tainted because of this, not that I don't think he's deserving - I have a sneaking suspicion he might let the featherweight title go now because I've seen reports from his coach that he doesn't want him to cut to featherweight anymore ...

I've seen other commentary that indicates that McG v Diaz III is the 'money fight' so why not strike while the iron's hot??

Yeah agreed, he's to both belts now, so give up the featherweight, fight for the belt against Diaz, then move on to the next fighter whether thats defending his current belt again or to go after Woodley's.  Can Conor bring GSP back, I'd like to see that, the cockiest arse in UFC vs the most humble and polite, lol.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 16, 2016, 03:52:50 PM
Woodley has come out and said if Conor wants it he'll sign right then and there.
I just don't think it's realistic or fair to the overall integrity of the organisation to let him go for Woodley and the welterweight title when he hasn't defended the featherweight belt for some time by my recollection ...

I already feel that the simultaneous 'two division title holder' moniker is a little tainted because of this, not that I don't think he's deserving - I have a sneaking suspicion he might let the featherweight title go now because I've seen reports from his coach that he doesn't want him to cut to featherweight anymore ...

I've seen other commentary that indicates that McG v Diaz III is the 'money fight' so why not strike while the iron's hot??

Yeah agreed, he's to both belts now, so give up the featherweight, fight for the belt against Diaz, then move on to the next fighter whether thats defending his current belt again or to go after Woodley's.  Can Conor bring GSP back, I'd like to see that, the cockiest arse in UFC vs the most humble and polite, lol.
its been a circus for a while now, integrity of the organization is already a shambles, Hendo just had a title shot etc etc

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 16, 2016, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on November 16, 2016, 03:52:50 PM

its been a circus for a while now, integrity of the organization is already a shambles, Hendo just had a title shot etc etc
I can understand that one - one last go for Hendo before he retires and having KO'd Bisping as the champ so convincingly last time ... that was understandable from a 'money' perspective also ...

I think if you have the 'money-view' most things make sense but they do have to be careful not to go too far or else it'll just end up like boxing ie farcical and I won't be watching/interested anymore ... and I would assume many would follow ...

jvalles69

Can actually bet on Conor's next opponent.

Nate - $2.50
Khabib - $2.87
Woodley - $4
GSP - $5.50
Nick Diaz - $5.50
Ferg - $6.50
Aldo - $7
Holloway - $10
Cerrone - $13
Floyd - $21
Edgar - $34
Wonderboy - $34
Pettis - $51
Bones - $67 LOL
Alvarez - $101
RDA - $151
Brock - $276 LOL
Cyborg - $501 LOL LOL LOL
Rousey - $501 LOL LOL
Trump - $1001  ;D :o ::)

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 16, 2016, 05:46:41 PM
Can actually bet on Conor's next opponent.

Nate - $2.50
Khabib - $2.87
Woodley - $4
GSP - $5.50
Nick Diaz - $5.50
Ferg - $6.50
Aldo - $7
Holloway - $10
Cerrone - $13
Floyd - $21
Edgar - $34
Wonderboy - $34
Pettis - $51
Bones - $67 LOL
Alvarez - $101
RDA - $151
Brock - $276 LOL
Cyborg - $501 LOL LOL LOL
Rousey - $501 LOL LOL
Trump - $1001  ;D :o ::)
Trump - does that include WWE??!!!!   ;D

jvalles69

Just watched Khabib's fight last night.  Guys a beast, 24-0 and number 2 ranked fighter.  Put him up against Ferguson and winner faces Conor.  Conor can defend his featherweight in the mean time/give it up/or take a break till the winner of Ferg and Khabib is decided.

RiOtChEsS

word is mcnuggets wont fight until after his mrs has the baby, so no fights until mid 2017 ::)

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 19, 2016, 12:58:04 PM
word is mcnuggets wont fight until after his mrs has the baby, so no fights until mid 2017 ::)
he's definitely calling the shots now!  ;)

Dudge

Ok, watched most, if not all of Conners fights the last few days ( seen most live, but just jogged the memory ), and man this guy has pinpoint accuracy and a wicked left hand. Don't hate him, don't particularly like him, but have to give him credit. More so for his trash talking and confidence, from the get go, and delivering on all, bar Nate 1. Starting to wonder, could he take out Khabib, Ferg, Woodley and Wonderboy. I personally say no, but what do you guys think?

RiOtChEsS

He has a decided advantage for 145, and 155, at 170 the reaches matchup better against him which takes away his one great advantage, if he is matched up against a long guy with a ground game he will have difficulty, off the top of my head Kabib's reach is 4 inches shorter and he is hittable, for that i think he would take that fight as it nullifies Kabib's strength...
Ferguson is extremely well rounded and has similar reach, this is the dream fight for me, i think it has so many intangibles and could evolve into one of the most aesthetically pleasing rivalries of all time.
Woodley has a similar reach and big power and a solid ground game, on paper Woodley should own him but my gut feel is he wont be able to hit him, we are still talking a wrestler with an overhand right which nuggets has been eating a steady diet of for a long time now, has to be Ferguson for me

Dudge

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 23, 2016, 01:08:31 PM
He has a decided advantage for 145, and 155, at 170 the reaches matchup better against him which takes away his one great advantage, if he is matched up against a long guy with a ground game he will have difficulty, off the top of my head Kabib's reach is 4 inches shorter and he is hittable, for that i think he would take that fight as it nullifies Kabib's strength...
Ferguson is extremely well rounded and has similar reach, this is the dream fight for me, i think it has so many intangibles and could evolve into one of the most aesthetically pleasing rivalries of all time.
Woodley has a similar reach and big power and a solid ground game, on paper Woodley should own him but my gut feel is he wont be able to hit him, we are still talking a wrestler with an overhand right which nuggets has been eating a steady diet of for a long time now, has to be Ferguson for me

Your starting to slowly convince mate re-Ferguson. You would have years on  me following UFC Marcuz, really only being following it for 2/3 years, so i'll back your knowledge - Bring on Fergy!!!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Dudge on November 23, 2016, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 23, 2016, 01:08:31 PM

Your starting to slowly convince mate re-Ferguson. You would have years on  me following UFC Marcuz, really only being following it for 2/3 years, so i'll back your knowledge - Bring on Fergy!!!
Haha yeah armchair knowledge :D my best mate is a brown belt under Robert Drysdale, coaches fighters and gets paid to coach jiu jitsu in Adelaide full time, been rolling a bit myself, bloody hard work

Mat0369

C31 in Melbourne is showing an MMA card at the moment. It's been all finishes so far. Pretty crazy stuff. For those out of Melbourne it's also on their website and Facebook

Mat0369

It's also on Aurora on Foxtel actually.

jvalles69

Man, watching the UFC card right now and all the fights on the main card have been epic!

Gastulum vs Kennedy sick!

Choi vs Swanson, fight of the year?  Pretty damn close!

Cerrone vs Brown, that KO was nuts!

And still with Holloway vs Pettis to come!