Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I saw highlights of that Varner fight, gotta hand it to him for showing heart to finish the round, but that would have been brutal to try and continue. Also when the doctor came to check on him, there's a gif somewhere where the doctor steps on the injured foot ::).

Dillashaw :o :o :o. Looked near flawless, been watching him since he got TKO'd on the TUF finale a while back (to John Dodson) and has been slowly improving his game since and has looked good, but not that good! As you guys said, certainly stepped up and took the fight to Barao, I never would have called that. Looks like Assuncao is even more likely to get next shot when fit considering he has that close victory over TJ (conspiracy is that he only got the win because it was in Brazil :P ).

Watched the prelims and the Iaquinta loss was a shock, as he was controlling Clarke for most of the time, then got caught in a Darce and was choked out :o. Chiesa also looked good and his top game is pretty good once again. Usually just watch the prelims cause get them on Foxtel :P.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 26, 2014, 07:08:57 PM
I saw highlights of that Varner fight, gotta hand it to him for showing heart to finish the round, but that would have been brutal to try and continue. Also when the doctor came to check on him, there's a gif somewhere where the doctor steps on the injured foot ::).

Dillashaw :o :o :o. Looked near flawless, been watching him since he got TKO'd on the TUF finale a while back (to John Dodson) and has been slowly improving his game since and has looked good, but not that good! As you guys said, certainly stepped up and took the fight to Barao, I never would have called that. Looks like Assuncao is even more likely to get next shot when fit considering he has that close victory over TJ (conspiracy is that he only got the win because it was in Brazil :P ).

Watched the prelims and the Iaquinta loss was a shock, as he was controlling Clarke for most of the time, then got caught in a Darce and was choked out :o. Chiesa also looked good and his top game is pretty good once again. Usually just watch the prelims cause get them on Foxtel :P.
I think that Assuncao will get the new title fight, as he was meant to be fighting Barao instead of Dillashaw

j959

Quote from: Cookie311993 on May 27, 2014, 05:29:21 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on May 26, 2014, 07:08:57 PM

I think that Assuncao will get the new title fight, as he was meant to be fighting Barao instead of Dillashaw
definitely have to be next in line and sets up a good story-line as to whether TJ can avenge the loss ...

Justin Bieber

So Sonnen failed a drug test on Estrogen blockers to try and get his body back to normal after TRT, means he's out of the Belfort fight. More than that, he's announced his retirement as well :o. Guess has to look after himself, and if he can keep his role as analyst for the UFC for Fox shows and whatnot, can still make a good living.

I watched the Fight Night Card on Sunday, which was pretty decent!

Benson got his first finish in ages against Khabilov :o. Looked pretty decent as well, showed why he's a level above most of the lightweight division.
John Dodson looked good as well, using a vicious knee breaking Moraga's nose and causing a doctor stoppage between round 2 and 3. Should be getting himself very close to a rematch with DJ for that title (if DJ can defend this weekend).
Also, Ross Pearson was totally robbed against Diego! Pearson was pretty spot on in the performance and should have easily won the fight, but somehow the judges scored in favour if Diego, one even had it 30-27 for him! No idea how Diego gets close/wins some of his recent matches (past couple of years), just because he keeps moving forward and trying to throw big shots ::).

UFC 174 coming up this coming weekend with DJ defending the Flyweight title against Ali Bagautinov. Also has Arlovski's return to the UFC as well as Woodley Vs MacDonald. Can't say the event interests me too much, but a fan of DJ and just watching him outmatch his opponents since he's gotten the title. Bagautinov has some sambo and strength advantage but DJ is just too well rounded, so he should win.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 12, 2014, 02:40:28 PM
So Sonnen failed a drug test on Estrogen blockers to try and get his body back to normal after TRT, means he's out of the Belfort fight. More than that, he's announced his retirement as well :o. Guess has to look after himself, and if he can keep his role as analyst for the UFC for Fox shows and whatnot, can still make a good living.

I watched the Fight Night Card on Sunday, which was pretty decent!

Benson got his first finish in ages against Khabilov :o. Looked pretty decent as well, showed why he's a level above most of the lightweight division.
John Dodson looked good as well, using a vicious knee breaking Moraga's nose and causing a doctor stoppage between round 2 and 3. Should be getting himself very close to a rematch with DJ for that title (if DJ can defend this weekend).
Also, Ross Pearson was totally robbed against Diego! Pearson was pretty spot on in the performance and should have easily won the fight, but somehow the judges scored in favour if Diego, one even had it 30-27 for him! No idea how Diego gets close/wins some of his recent matches (past couple of years), just because he keeps moving forward and trying to throw big shots ::).

UFC 174 coming up this coming weekend with DJ defending the Flyweight title against Ali Bagautinov. Also has Arlovski's return to the UFC as well as Woodley Vs MacDonald. Can't say the event interests me too much, but a fan of DJ and just watching him outmatch his opponents since he's gotten the title. Bagautinov has some sambo and strength advantage but DJ is just too well rounded, so he should win.
174 doesn't look like the best card to me. Mighty Mouse should destroy Ali. I am looking forward to UFC 175. Weidman vs Machida

j959

Quote from: Cookie311993 on June 15, 2014, 01:37:21 PM
174 doesn't look like the best card to me. Mighty Mouse should destroy Ali. I am looking forward to UFC 175. Weidman vs Machida
wasn't bad cookie ...

would've liked to have seen Andre Arlovski vs Brendan Schaub but missed it.
Ryan Bader over Rafael Cavalcante was solid even though it went to easy decision for the judges.
McDonald was dominant over Woodley - think Woodley looked past him, thinking the title fight was his for the taking, needs to work on his tank for sure.
DJ was a class above Bagautinov but not by a long way, he wasn't disgraced just didn't have the speed to match DJ - DJ still the dominant flyweight in the world.

pretty decent card, but yes UFC 175 Weidman vs Machida should be a cracker - think it's the 'traditional' 4th of July w/end UFC event where they have UFC Expo in Las Vegas in the wk or so leading up to the card??

Justin Bieber

Yep, the July 4th card which is why it's stacked!

Yeah, didn't look like the best card on paper and going off the comments on the event, wasn't the greatest.

Agree DJ was simply too good for Ali, was the only match I watched and DJ implemented alot of hard knees from the Thai Plum. He keeps expanding his arsenal for every fight and brings something new every time!

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 16, 2014, 07:17:10 PM
Yep, the July 4th card which is why it's stacked!

Yeah, didn't look like the best card on paper and going off the comments on the event, wasn't the greatest.

Agree DJ was simply too good for Ali, was the only match I watched and DJ implemented alot of hard knees from the Thai Plum. He keeps expanding his arsenal for every fight and brings something new every time!
I thought it was alright - wouldn't say i'm a 'hard-core' or die-hard fan but definitely enough on the card to keep me interested as a PPV.

I thought young MacDonald would get smashed by Woodley, though I was wondering about Tyrone's tank, but Rory definitely nixed that and put himself clearly in title fight contention - that performance was impressive - if there is no dominant win by Matt Brown or decent win by  Robbie Lawler when those to fight each other in the near future then to me MacDonald should get the title fight ...

as above DJ vs Bagautinov wasn't bad either, nor was Bader vs Feijao ...

Justin Bieber

Rory has the talent, shame Brown Vs Lawler next in line as they may try to get Rory another match before he has a shot.

Got 2 cards this weekend! The Te Huna Vs Marquart card is on tonight which features alot of Aussies (Main Card starts 7pm Vic time) and then have the Swanson Vs Stephens card tomorrow morning/afternoon!

RiOtChEsS

Swanson Stephens was a good fight, seemed to be on another level to the rest 8)

Grazz

Any link to HB's brothers last fight available yet.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Grazz on June 30, 2014, 11:44:48 PM
Not yet  >:(
Usually only takes 2-3 weeks for the fights to be posted, yet his fight was on May 15 and it's still not up. Asked them on facebook in early June when it would be up and their reply was "soonish (we hope)", but that was almost a month ago now! Stupid Brace ::)

Grazz

Quote from: Honey Badger on July 01, 2014, 11:08:04 AM
Quote from: Grazz on June 30, 2014, 11:44:48 PM
Not yet  >:(
Usually only takes 2-3 weeks for the fights to be posted, yet his fight was on May 15 and it's still not up. Asked them on facebook in early June when it would be up and their reply was "soonish (we hope)", but that was almost a month ago now! Stupid Brace ::)

No worries HB i'll keep checking in to see if its up.

CrowsFan

Well it's disappointing that my bro's fight still hasn't been put up online to watch, but I bring good news. His next fight is THIS FRIDAY! It's the semi final of the Brace Middleweight Championships and he's up against some guy called Rick Alchin. The fight is in Sydney, which means for the first time I will get to go watch him fight! :D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 05, 2014, 11:32:00 PM
Well it's disappointing that my bro's fight still hasn't been put up online to watch, but I bring good news. His next fight is THIS FRIDAY! It's the semi final of the Brace Middleweight Championships and he's up against some guy called Rick Alchin. The fight is in Sydney, which means for the first time I will get to go watch him fight! :D
awesome, man ur gonna be so pumped when the fight is on, probably look like Chuck Liddell watching a fight :D

Jon Jones Vs Daniel Cormier... Scuffle at the face off
http://youtu.be/rf_WWMTR9LU?t=40s
i rekn this has been staged, either that or every UFC camera has not uploaded the footage