50 reasons why Collingwood is better than Carlton.

Started by Cruiseon, April 07, 2010, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

Quote from: ossie85 on September 12, 2012, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: fidou on September 11, 2012, 07:37:44 PM
Its easy to accuse and if in fact that was true the AFL would be all over it. You should stop listening to Eddie and his winging.

The AFL does know about it, and are changing the rules.
Well hello, so by definition the rules are being changed. So in reality we are not breaking the rules. Doesn't every club try to get ahead somehow or another. Carlton's not the only club over the years to have a breach and in fact Collingwood have had the latest breach be it a mistake as they say.

ossie85

Quote from: fidou on September 12, 2012, 10:25:29 AM
Its easy to accuse and if in fact that was true the AFL would be all over it. You should stop listening to Eddie and his winging.

Well hello, so by definition the rules are being changed. So in reality we are not breaking the rules. Doesn't every club try to get ahead somehow or another. Carlton's not the only club over the years to have a breach and in fact Collingwood have had the latest breach be it a mistake as they say.

The fact that the AFL approved the Visy-Judd deal was an absolute disgrace to begin with. But fair, not really Carlton's fault if the AFL approve this corruption.

And an administrative mistake that didn't go over the salary cap anyway that the club reported itself against a systematic rorting of the salary cap is not a fair comparison....

fidou

Quote from: ossie85 on September 12, 2012, 11:32:38 AM
Quote from: fidou on September 12, 2012, 10:25:29 AM

The fact that the AFL approved the Visy-Judd deal was an absolute disgrace to begin with. But fair, not really Carlton's fault if the AFL approve this corruption.

And an administrative mistake that didn't go over the salary cap anyway that the club reported itself against a systematic rorting of the salary cap is not a fair comparison....

Well it may well look like a disgrace but the AFL most probably came to the realisation that they buried a proud, successful club in the early 2000's by handing out a punishment that did not fit the crime. So who knows they could have felt they needed to give a leg up to a club they could foresee could have been out for a generation. They would have killed the greatest rivalry in Australian sport (coll/carl). We would not be currently having this banter otherwise.

ossie85

Quote from: fidou on September 13, 2012, 08:14:06 AM
Well it may well look like a disgrace but the AFL most probably came to the realisation that they buried a proud, successful club in the early 2000's by handing out a punishment that did not fit the crime. So who knows they could have felt they needed to give a leg up to a club they could foresee could have been out for a generation. They would have killed the greatest rivalry in Australian sport (coll/carl). We would not be currently having this banter otherwise.

Agree that it is fantastic banter and rivalry, but compared to what the NRL did to the Melbourne Storm, the Blues got off lightly.

Ringo

Quote from: ossie85 on September 13, 2012, 08:42:00 AM

Agree that it is fantastic banter and rivalry, but compared to what the NRL did to the Melbourne Storm, the Blues got off lightly.
Bit hard to compare across codes but stripping of 2 premierships 3 minor premierships and all competition points is quite severe penalty. Would have been interesting if the NRL Committee sat and ruled on Carlton.

Cruiseon

Quote from: Ringo on September 13, 2012, 09:04:13 AM

Bit hard to compare across codes but stripping of 2 premierships 3 minor premierships and all competition points is quite severe penalty. Would have been interesting if the NRL Committee sat and ruled on Carlton.

Ringo, it's not too late. What a joyous campaign that would be!

fidou

Perhaps but the storm won premierships in that time. Carlton didn't have anything to take and before you say the 95 flag that was way way earlier.

fidou

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 13, 2012, 09:44:33 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 13, 2012, 09:04:13 AM

Ringo, it's not too late. What a joyous campaign that would be!
Well a Sydney organisation ruling on a Melbourne club you would expect the NRL to do just what they did. It would have been interesting if it was the rabbitohs or the bulldogs. The only other club that would have got the same would be Manly I suppose.

Cruiseon

Apologies all but its time to bring up an old favourite thread given this weekend's activities.

It goes without saying that Collingwood would never, in a million years, poach, accept, employ, seek out or enter a contract with a former Head Coach of Carlton. Its just unthinkable.

I did like Dennis Paegan's work at Carlton, but employing him is another matter.

Go Pies!

fidou

Not bad timing. You would have to think the woods are favourites this week with 2 recognised forwards in Cloke and Lynch to our no forwards and Eddie breaking his jaw is bad timing.

However after watching "the club" this week and seeing Eddie say after Russell backing into a pack showing courage "we've got the carlton out of him". I just wanted to get into the TV and show him a bit of what carlton could do. Made me so mad. I'm so geared to watch this match and see the blues win. Anyway all the best and I hope its a great spectacle.

On another note what Collingwood did for the kid with cancer was quite special and well done.

elephants

Hahaha I thought that comment from Eddie would rile Blues fans a bit ;D

Capper

elephants

Seen that a few times haha. Not the sharpest tool in the shed :P

Cruiseon

Quote from: fidou on April 04, 2013, 04:14:43 PM
Not bad timing. You would have to think the woods are favourites this week with 2 recognised forwards in Cloke and Lynch to our no forwards and Eddie breaking his jaw is bad timing.

However after watching "the club" this week and seeing Eddie say after Russell backing into a pack showing courage "we've got the carlton out of him". I just wanted to get into the TV and show him a bit of what carlton could do. Made me so mad. I'm so geared to watch this match and see the blues win. Anyway all the best and I hope its a great spectacle.

On another note what Collingwood did for the kid with cancer was quite special and well done.

Fidou, i'd prefer if you showed a little less class, it gets in the way of the hate & spite in the build-up to such games. Nice words.

One thing Coll v Carlton has rarely produced in the last 10 years is close games. I reckon the average margin would be over 6 goals, not sure I could handle a nail-biter.

Colliwobblers

the Pies were favourites last season early on too, that did not go well for us.

I think Mick will be GREAT for the blues and they will be a force by seasons end or next season.

but in THIS instance i think he will be the best thing that happens for the Pies in a blues game.

it is the blues attack and run and speed that blew us away last season, while they reverted to that last week after struggling to play micks way i am hopeful mick will start out again trying to play his way,

because at micks way - we are better :)

still he would remember last seasons shallacking and maybe he tells the blues this week to just come out and play attacking football. i doubt it tho as it really isnt good to play one way football and while it might just might win them one game here and there it wont win premierships....

Pies by 20, would be 40 but Beams is out :(