Bully's Boys 2022

Started by Bully, March 12, 2022, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on May 24, 2022, 08:56:59 PM
Is this after trades Bully. Nice set up.  Tend to agree with you on teams running deep with quality benches.  The extra 5 trades helped this year.  I wanted Bont as well but the dreaded Rd 13 byes a real issue so opted for Petracca and hope Bont does  not increase too much over the next 2 rounds.

Yeah, that's after trades, just need to see if I need reinforcements for next week, at the moment have 18 but there's always drama around this time of year.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2022, 09:19:04 PM
I think I'm with you on Bont. Looking at your team you only need 1 more upgrade and you have a full squad with Preuss, Cogs, Butters, Gresh and Ridley the potential 'weak links'. Right now the only two I would probably consider trading at some point are Gresh to English and Ridley to Stewart. All the others look like they will be ball park top end scorers.

I agree with that but I will be building on the likes of De Koning rather than selling the mid pricers, Gresham also looks a good F7/M9.

Depth will be the key this year, rookies on the scarce side, I also think loops will play a role, particularly with guys like Butters being in most teams.

English might be eased in, might not be the must-have he was at the beginning of the year, he's definitely on the watch list for round 14.

Bailey Smith another to consider, although I shudder to think what a covid outbreak could do to my chances in the run home.

Mat0369

I think those guys I mentioned are more luxury trades once you felt you had a complete team.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2022, 10:01:29 PM
I think those guys I mentioned are more luxury trades once you felt you had a complete team.

With Steele out I also reckon Gresham might nudge 100, 6 tons already this year, he's still a chance for a top 6 spot. Maybe lacks a top end game to boost the numbers.

Aside from Parker I don't feel I'm missing anyone, Heeney seems to be edging back to his long run average of 95. 

Bully

With Hayes in serious doubt will have to fix a potential donut, English seems the obvious choice.

I've gone with Williams as the loophole guy, WC play plenty of late games and there's an outside chance he gets some games at the end of the year,

Miss out on Bont for a second week running, will see what I can do next week.

Having gone over the bye schedule, Hayes really isn't a loss, only useful in round 14 and that's too late given most teams will be upgraded by that stage.

Mat0369

Hayes out would be an interesting move for Port. They would run without a real ruck against a potential Draper/Phillips combo.

I like English in since you get a forward keeper with some DPP magic once the byes are over

Bully

Still stagnating, I think due to captain's choices, can't take a trick this year, really missing the days of Grawndy but I suppose Neale really should be the set & forget.

So the plan for the byes is pretty simple, I've decided to sell Preuss because Flynn was giving pressers which usually indicates preferential treatment in the eyes of the coach. Too risky to hold in my opinion.

English comes in & that frees things up for a big play at Merrett next week. I'm thinking McComb to Owens, Rosas to Uwland (m/d link) & Clark to Merrett.

The following week I'll look at offloading the worst performing m/f out of Gresham/Coniglio/Butters and bring in Witts/Darcy via English.

The final thing left to do is get McCartin up to Sinclair/Stewart, Ridley needs to be moved to D7.

Bully

Slight adjustment, Comben turned out some solid form in the VFL so I'm rolling the dice on the slightlier more expensive ruck/forward.

Can't say with any certainty he will get a run of games but the pressure is mounting on Xerri in the role of deep forward, Goldy will stay rucking in the short term I would think.

Ringo

Not a bad move with Comben hope it works for you.Uwland will be your floating donut if Comben plays, With the cash you have trades look sound.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on May 31, 2022, 08:39:05 PM
Not a bad move with Comben hope it works for you.Uwland will be your floating donut if Comben plays, With the cash you have trades look sound.

Cheers, once Merrett is in there I think the team will be competitive and close to fully upgraded, perhaps missing a top ruck. Darcy interests me but he has the awkward bye, can possibly wait a week on that one, depends on my numbers for round 14.

Mat0369

Comben has a leg fracture and will be out for 6 weeks.

Darcy is a great pick, has the same bye as Gawn but he had a monster second half to last year. He is injury prone so I would want a trade or two up my sleeve in case of emergency

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 01, 2022, 01:07:43 AM
Comben has a leg fracture and will be out for 6 weeks.

Darcy is a great pick, has the same bye as Gawn but he had a monster second half to last year. He is injury prone so I would want a trade or two up my sleeve in case of emergency

Really!

Back to the drawing board.

Bully

Think I'll revert back to Williams, he plays late so is the perfect candidate for looping and emergency line switching.

I thought about going early on Owens but McComb isn't worth trading with a BE of 6, next week will be his day.

Losing Hayes is slightly annoying as I'm down a ruck next week but that will be compensated by Merrett's inclusion. should have 19 playing.

Bully

Brynn Teakle has the DPP, might go down this path to save an extra 15k, might come in handy next week.

Haven't sat down and done all the sums but I may be able to grab Parish instead of Merrett, Iet's just wait and see, will be down the wire.

Bully

Yet another bum captain's choice, Neale no good as perma captain, I understood the tagging fears but the last time that became an issue Neale scored 187, I'm completely at a loss now.

Anyhow, moving onto next week it's between Parish, Walsh & Merrett & I'm going with Parish who is a statistical leader in most categories for the onballers, nice ceiling & I suspect he'll deliver a monster score sometime in the next month.

Merrett & Walsh are also great picks but I think I'll aim for a top 8 midfielder, especially considering my team is close to completion. I think I can still grab Witts & Stewart with the last remaining rookies.

I've opened the midfield so I can use McCartin as the back-up guy if I cop an injury, that position soon will become Stewart with Ridley moving to the bench.

Rank around 7k, very poor for this time of year but let's see if I can come home strong.