WXV Official Trade Confirmation 2021

Started by Purple 77, August 16, 2021, 08:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Quote from: Urbaninfinnity on March 02, 2022, 11:00:28 PM
Beijing trade: Charlie Dean

Toronto trade: Patrick Ryder

We need another ruck in case Grundy goes down again, Ryder fills that hole for a year and will hopefully play a good amount of games, while Toronto pick up Dean who is a good young KPD prospect. Both players are under injury clouds too which is neat.

Ryno to confirm

Confirmed. Ryder was essentially an excess utility this year and I am not expecting him to play on past the conclusion of this season. Thus, I'm willing to punt on the younger player who, by all reports, will likely get his chance at AFL level this season at some stage.

Holz

Quote from: iZander on March 02, 2022, 10:22:51 PM
Colin O'Riordan for Jroo

Holz to confirm

Further fwd depth doesnt hurt given how unreliable/unpredictable some of my fwds

confirmed. Jroo is old and Roids killed it in the VFL before getting a injury. Was in the Swans elimination final team so hoping he cracks a spot in the 22. Plus missed Roids at Dublin

Purple 77

Nothing like 2 challenging trades to deliberate to close the season.

Trade 73
Buenos Aires trade: Colin O'Riordan
Dublin trade: Jack Riewoldt

Trade 74
Beijing trade: Charlie Dean
Toronto trade: Patrick Ryder

Both of these trades have the same characteristic. What is the worth of a player whom in all likelihood has only 1 more year?

Patrick Ryder, together with his valuable RUC status, averaged 83 last year and will probably safely put that up again you'd think. But, you'd suspect Roma plays more than 13 games this year, and they also did bring in Tom Campbell. Whilst I think he will play and score well, I don't think he necessarily demands compelling compensation. Charlie Dean, PSD Pick 7 last year... by all reports was on track for Round 1, and played in Collingwood's practice match. How many draftees are on that trajectory? All I'm trying to say is that his worth is already more than PSD Pick 7, and given he is 20yo and with every opportunity to play many games for Collingwood, I think there is enough potential there to *just* bridge this gap for me.

Trade 74 passes

Now, I really agonised about Trade 73.

I suspect there is an optimism that Riods will play now given Dawson is out. But I researched Riods... he played all year, had a strong VFL year sure, but when he played he scored poorly. He is 26, and just seems destined to be a VFL player, and almost proud of it. I searched and searched and searched for potential here, and I just don't see it, not enough to bridge the gap. Riewoldt is worth more, even if he does average just 70.

Trade 73 rejected

Buenos Aires and Dublin have 48 hours to re-negotiate if they wish.

Ultimately, it came down to potential of the younger player in these 2 trades. Riods is too much of a known quantity, with little upside to improve. Whilst Dean, I think, has sufficient upside to bridge the gap.

Purple 77