Marginal pick upgrade.

Daz to confirm.
Confirmed
Means 90 or something like psd 17 windy need to be used

Purple 77

Purple 77

Trade Period 2 is OPEN

Rules:
- Where previously this was strictly 1 for 1, 2 for 2 movements etc, you now have some flexibility! Provided that you STAY WITHIN THE CAP AT ALL TIMES, your list size can be between 43-44 (44 being the max number of players on a WXV list atm), allowing you to do 1 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals, etc.
- If you started the trade period below the cap, then you are only permitted to do trades that increase or maintain your overall salary cap.
- You are permitted FOUR LIST MOVEMENTS. A list movement is defined as the trading out of a player. If you trade 1 player and get 2 back, this counts as 1 movement for you, and 2 movements for the other team.
- On-trading a player ALSO counts as a list movement. If I trade Cale Morton for Jimmy Toumpas, then Jimmy Toumpas for Jordan Gysberts, I haven't made one list movement, I've made two (1 for trading out Morton, 1 for trading out Toumpas). Again, movements are defined as the trading out of a player.
- You are still able to trade future picks from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds. Each pick you trade out counts as a list movement. Provided that your current list remains at 43 or 44 players, you are only restricted by your number of list movements (e.g. you can hypothetically trade out 4 future round draft picks in exchange for 1 player, provided that the other team formerly had 44 players, and you had 43 players)
- I rule on all trades in this period (except for ones I'm involved in). These decisions are final.
- Trade Period closes 11.59.59pm AEDST on the day before the first AFL pre-season match (March 2nd)

Remember, all discussion goes in the confab thread. If you have any questions, PM me, or direct them there :)

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Rory Sloane + Will Hoskin-Elliott
New York trade: Darcy Byrne-Jones + Jamie Cripps

The recently announced player positions left me with a surplus of mids, and thus an opportunity to address my aging mid profile. I was hoping WHE would retain fwd status which is why I'm after Cripps, and DBJ also gives me another medium term prospect in defense.

Overall the trade addresses my list balance in terms of age profile and position.

RD to confirm

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 06, 2021, 09:33:56 PM

The recently announced player positions left me with a surplus of mids, and thus an opportunity to address my aging mid profile. I was hoping WHE would retain fwd status which is why I'm after Cripps, and DBJ also gives me another medium term prospect in defense.

Overall the trade addresses my list balance in terms of age profile and position.

RD to confirm

Confirmed

I've got heaps of forwards now so even though Cripps is a likely starter for me, getting Sloane into my midfield was more important. DBJ is much younger and has history of being a 80+ def, so it balances it all out and helps both sides

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 06, 2021, 09:36:27 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on December 06, 2021, 09:33:56 PM

RD to confirm

Confirmed

I've got heaps of forwards now so even though Cripps is a likely starter for me, getting Sloane into my midfield was more important. DBJ is much younger and has history of being a 80+ def, so it balances it all out and helps both sides
At the end of the day, any personal beliefs about the short, medium, or long-term potential of the players involved is secondary to the fact this addresses needs for both coaches as they have stated. As a judge of trades, I'm typically a fan of supplying the rope and letting coaches deal with the consequence of the moves they make if they don't work out, so while each coach may have their own view on who is winning, ultimately it's not an inherently broken trade and therefore passed.

Approved.

In case anyone missed some context here, Purps asks me to adjudicate on any trades he makes during TP2 as typically he alone rules on trades and therefore can't do so on his own.

Koop

Christchurch trade: Brent Daniels
Toronto trade: Tom Phillips

Reasoning: Trying to be more like Rio, one midget punt at a time.

Ryno to confirm.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Koop on January 30, 2022, 02:34:57 PM

Ryno to confirm.

Confirmed. As has been mentioned a few times, I was counting on Rowan Marshall receiving DPP this season and that did not eventuate. Brent Daniels is not the most fantasy-relevant guy but he is a best 22 forward and that will have to be sufficient.

Purple 77

Quote from: Koop on January 30, 2022, 02:34:57 PM

Ryno to confirm.

Approved. Current and expected averages, combined with position differences and age makes it a fairly straightforward trade.

iZander

Colin O'Riordan for Jroo

Holz to confirm

Further fwd depth doesnt hurt given how unreliable/unpredictable some of my fwds

Urbaninfinnity

Beijing trade: Charlie Dean

Toronto trade: Patrick Ryder

We need another ruck in case Grundy goes down again, Ryder fills that hole for a year and will hopefully play a good amount of games, while Toronto pick up Dean who is a good young KPD prospect. Both players are under injury clouds too which is neat.

Ryno to confirm