New to the site - Love Supercoach Though.

Started by Telescopic, March 11, 2021, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telescopic

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 01:52:55 PM
I would honestly turn Danger into an out and out mid premo if you can. No speculative picks. So a Merrett, Mitchell, Fyfe is probably youd best bet. By having Taylor Adams in that midfield you don't want to grab someone that could be a one game wonder but still sot around the rung below. Fyfe there is no questions on his scoring, just his body. Mitchell and Merrett will rack up the pill so I feel they're both safer options

Seems like a better call tbh. I'd go with Mitchell probably. He was in my December/January teams.

Doing that would still allow me to assess Cahill and Daniher next week and turn them into Young and Jordon as corrective trades - if need be.

Mat0369

The other option is Zac Williams. We were all hot on him in Round 1, then he got suspended. I feel he could be a premium defender but I don't know how advantageous pocketing the cash is.

I'm not too stressed on Danhier. They were spanked. He has a high ceiling and you just need a couple of those huge games for cash gen

Telescopic

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 07:31:48 PM
The other option is Zac Williams. We were all hot on him in Round 1, then he got suspended. I feel he could be a premium defender but I don't know how advantageous pocketing the cash is.

I'm not too stressed on Danhier. They were spanked. He has a high ceiling and you just need a couple of those huge games for cash gen

Probably can't justify the cash gen? That 200k or so sitting there when I'd probably be losing 10-20ppg from him v a prem midfielder. Think you're right - Titch is probably the best option!

What sort of points differential would justify Daniher to Young? They're priced about 8 points apart...

Mat0369

It may be 8 points but it's also 50k. That is a decent chunk of change. A lot of teams went heavy down back with one of Clark or Young at D5. It's probably a bit too much to have one at D5 and one at D6 although you can probably swing Clark into the midfield in your case.

I'm not sure how accurate the Tooserious price calculator is anymore, but it may be worth playing around with their scores to see who will generate cash quicker. If Daniher has a couple of 5 goal 120+ point games mixed in with those 50's, he may generate cash quicker than Young who will score more in the 80/90 range each week.

Colliwobblers

Good start. Danger unfortunate.

I'd tun him into merrett , tich otherwise.

wouldn't do anything else.

Daniher is a rook onfield at worst but that's all he's priced at. BE is 33, when the lions get into gear he will score a lot better.

think most of us without him will get jordon in, for the first rook dropped or the one who scores worst over the first two rounds.

Danger to zorko if scott gets dropped isnt a bad move either. 6 clangers and 5 frees against, his 114 could have been significantly higher.

Ringo

Agree with others Danger to Mitchell, Merrett or Fyfe. As Matt says with Adams in your team do not want another speculative pick.

Sit back and assess Rookies again this week for correction trades next week. Any of us without Jordan will be looking at getting him in.

Nice start and as I advise most when considering go with gut as it is seldom wrong.

Telescopic

Cheers everyone!

Danger to Titch will be the play, by the looks of it.

Telescopic

Team Name: Pressure Point | Salary Remaining: $22,800 | R2 Score: 2316 | Overall Rank: 2,634

Trades Completed:
IN: Tom Mitchell, OUT: Patrick Dangerfield

Defence:
Luke Ryan, Rory Laird, Jordan Ridley
Jeremy Howe, Jordan Clark, Jordan Butts
(Bench: Jacob Koschitzke, Tom Highmore)

Midfield:
Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Mitchell
Taylor Adams, Dustin Martin, Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden
(Bench: Tom, Powell, Sam Berry, Anthony Scott)

Rucks:
Max Gawn, Matt Flynn
(Bench: Paul Hunter)

Forwards:
Josh Dunkley, Jack Ziebell, Joe Daniher
Chad Warner, Miles Bergman, James Rowe
(Bench: Ned Cahill, Tyler Brockman)

Very happy with where I'm sitting at the moment. James Jordon is the one I need in, Ned Cahill is the guy who has to go. Pretty simple trade which will then move Campbell on field up forward. Butts is the other rookie who looks like he needs to go. However, his teammate Murray is on the bubble next week and could be the trade depending on what they both score.

Proposed Trade:
IN: James Jordon, OUT: Ned Cahill (Via Braeden Campbell).

Mat0369

Excellent trade. It pushes one of the crappy forward rookies to the bench as well.

Telescopic

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 29, 2021, 01:09:43 AM
Excellent trade. It pushes one of the crappy forward rookies to the bench as well.

Exactly, was also 2.9k from Daniher to Tex for a massive cash grab.  :(

Most likely will be my only move.

Mat0369

I was originally thinking Dow to Jordan and Daniher to Tex before Neale/Cripps stunk it up. It sucks you're just short because that's also a move I'm a fan of.