New to the site - Love Supercoach Though.

Started by Telescopic, March 11, 2021, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telescopic

Team Name: Pressure Point | Salary Remaining: $28,500

Defence:
Luke Ryan, Jeremy Howe, Zach Williams
Hunter Clark, Jacob Koschitzke, Tom Highmore
(Bench: Kieren Briggs, Will Gould)

Midfield:
Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Nathan Fyfe
Taylor Adams, Matt Rowell, Dyson Heppell, Tom Powell
(Bench: Finlay Macrae, Tyler Brockman, Errol Gulden)

Rucks:
Max Gawn, Matt Flynn
(Bench: Paul Hunter)

Forwards:
Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Braeden Campbell
Ned Cahill, Chad Warner, James Rowe
(Bench: Miles Bergman, Alec Waterman)

Bully

Ballsy in the ruck department, I like the boldness of this strategy but it is a high risk strategy.

Telescopic

Quote from: Bully on March 11, 2021, 04:10:10 PM
Ballsy in the ruck department, I like the boldness of this strategy but it is a high risk strategy.

Very ballsy, I'm just trying to structure the team around cash-generation. Rookies in the Ruck and Forwards seem to be the best?

Bully

Quote from: Telescopic on March 11, 2021, 04:26:10 PM

Very ballsy, I'm just trying to structure the team around cash-generation. Rookies in the Ruck and Forwards seem to be the best?

Agree with stacking the forward line with rookies but never a fan of playing a rookie at R2. If you do go down this route then use the cash to solidify your backline. Williams at D3 looks a little weak.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Bully on March 11, 2021, 04:34:53 PM

Agree with stacking the forward line with rookies but never a fan of playing a rookie at R2. If you do go down this route then use the cash to solidify your backline. Williams at D3 looks a little weak.
Although i have been considering this doing this myself. One of the key reasons im decided not to is the team announcements being only 1 day before.
For example, during the season Meek plays on the thursday night, Hunter is meant to play on the saturday afternoon but gets dropped (which is announced on the friday). On the Saturday night, when teams are announced Flynn is also dropped and you dont have anyone available for R2 and cant trade to anyone as all rookie rucks available had already played for the week.

One thing you could do is get either Fullarton or Treacy in the forward line. So if you need to trade one of those ruck rookies for whatever reason you'd have the flexibility to trade in a fwd or mid rookie.

Also Gould and macrae unlikely to play rd 1 based on preaseason match.

Telescopic

I can see that, I was going to hold Williams despite suspension. However, I'd rather drop him than Clark.

Perhaps; Heppell --> Downie and Williams --> Lloyd. Then have Howe D3 and Clark D4?

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 11, 2021, 05:25:48 PM

Although i have been considering this doing this myself. One of the key reasons im decided not to is the team announcements being only 1 day before.
For example, during the season Meek plays on the thursday night, Hunter is meant to play on the saturday afternoon but gets dropped (which is announced on the friday). On the Saturday night, when teams are announced Flynn is also dropped and you dont have anyone available for R2 and cant trade to anyone as all rookie rucks available had already played for the week.

One thing you could do is get either Fullarton or Treacy in the forward line. So if you need to trade one of those ruck rookies for whatever reason you'd have the flexibility to trade in a fwd or mid rookie.

Also Gould and macrae unlikely to play rd 1 based on preaseason match.

Reasonable argument - something to consider, for sure. Ratten said something today that Hunter would definitely debut round 1.

F.Macrae was a lock for the practice games but took time off for a death in his family. My info is that barring injuries he was a lock for round 1 before that, doubt it changes. Gould could easily become Jones!

Legends for the feedback!

Bully

Samsturmfels

Would be awesome if Macrae gets named rd 1!

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 11, 2021, 05:39:19 PM
Would be awesome if Macrae gets named rd 1!

Don't think he will but there will be a few options.

Colliwobblers

Welcome mate first of all.

Couple of things, heppell and green probably not going to be top 10 mids so they're cash cows, will they make as much as fast as two of the best mid rooks available? I even wonder about rowell or cripps, but i have rowell.

The ruck, everyone thinks about it, can't say they don't be lying.... but I even dismissed joeys suggestion of sam draper at ruck 2 tonight within seconds. Those two ruck spots are worth so SO many points. I would look elsewhere to generate cash mid/fwd.

Williams to Lloyd or even another keeper stewart or daniels and get lloyd later.

Rooks look good if named. Team has huge upside but with that comes.... the risk. good luck whichever way you go.

Mat0369

Are you going for league or overall? If you're going for overall I would cull Williams.

I probably would avoid Taylor Adams as well coming off a soft tissue injury. I don't think he is going to rise in price significantly and he is someone that has struggled with his body in the past. If you downgraded him it might allow you to upgrade some other prems and rookies with the cash.

I find the forward line interesting since you're missing both Ziebell and Daniher. Both could be nice money making options and stepping stones. If you think you're going to get similar cash gen from the rookies I see the merit but I think both those guys will make it easier to bring in a Zorko/Sidebottom when they bottom out.

Ringo

Welcome to the site,

Agree with the comments on Williams. Your decision but it may be difficult from reports getting 4 playing rookies round 1 as this where there appears a distinct lack given the practice matches and AAMI series.

Ballsy decision with Rucks especially if Fllynn does not play Rd 1 and Hunter may be gone early depending on how long Ryder absent so keep an eye on that.

Also agree with others on Zeibell and Daniher.

Your team but I would look at the following Heppell down to a rookie.ove Dusty/Danger to mids to replace Adams, Upgrade Williams to Lloyd, Daniel, Stewart and see if you can get both if not 1 of Zeibell and Daniher forwards.

have a look at structures being used by other teams in this thread and adapt to suit your needs,

Nice start and good luck.

Telescopic

Team Name: Pressure Point | Salary Remaining: $10,300

Defence:
Jake Lloyd, Luke Ryan, Caleb Daniel
Jeremy Howe, Jordan Clark, Jacob Koschitzke
(Bench: Tom Highmore, Will Gould)

Midfield:
Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Jackson Merrett
Dustin Martin (From FWD), Matt Rowell, Braeden Campbell (From FWD), Tom Powell
(Bench: Finlay Macrae, Tyler Brockman, Errol Gulden)

Rucks:
Max Gawn, Matt Flynn
(Bench: Paul Hunter)

Forwards:
Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Ziebell, Joe Daniher
Ned Cahill, Chad Warner, James Rowe
(Bench: Miles Bergman, Alec Waterman)

Appreciate the feedback! I've taken it all in to make the recommended changes to see how it looks.

I am wary on Daniher because he's really shown nothing aside from one good year. However, given he's in 40% of teams it is probably better to have him in. Perhaps its slightly stronger across the board.

Colliwobblers

Good job!

you won't find a lot of support for the ruck strategy, but putting that aside your selections and structure looking very good.

Danniher doesn't have to set the world on fire at his price, should be a great money maker.

Telescopic

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 12, 2021, 06:04:01 PM
Good job!

you won't find a lot of support for the ruck strategy, but putting that aside your selections and structure looking very good.

Danniher doesn't have to set the world on fire at his price, should be a great money maker.

Thanks Colliwobblers!

I figured as much. But if there's a year to do it - this has to be it doesn't it?