New to the site - Love Supercoach Though.

Started by Telescopic, March 11, 2021, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 12, 2021, 06:04:01 PM
Good job!

you won't find a lot of support for the ruck strategy, but putting that aside your selections and structure looking very good.

Danniher doesn't have to set the world on fire at his price, should be a great money maker.

I actually like the ruck strategy . It's one  was thinking of running myself until Briggs played the way he did. I wouldn't really want to run Meek/Hunter since both could get dropped but I feel Flynn/Hunter would be amazing for cash gen and could top up the rest of your lines. If we had teams named on the Friday night it is something I'd honestly consider but with teams being named well after the Pies play it's probably too risky if Flynn doesn't get the nod round 1.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 12, 2021, 11:06:57 PM
Good job!

you won't find a lot of support for the ruck strategy, but putting that aside your selections and structure looking very good.

Danniher doesn't have to set the world on fire at his price, should be a great money maker.

I actually like the ruck strategy . It's one  was thinking of running myself until Briggs played the way he did. I wouldn't really want to run Meek/Hunter since both could get dropped but I feel Flynn/Hunter would be amazing for cash gen and could top up the rest of your lines. If we had teams named on the Friday night it is something I'd honestly consider but with teams being named well after the Pies play it's probably too risky if Flynn doesn't get the nod round 1.
Agree with Mat!

I like the idea in theory as Flynn/Hunter could average 80+ and be really good cash cows but if one doesn’t get named or they get dropped after one round then your season is over!

In regards to the rest of you team it’s really really good.

Gavdroid

Quote from: Money Shot on March 13, 2021, 11:18:04 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 12, 2021, 11:06:57 PM
Good job!

Agree with Mat!

I like the idea in theory as Flynn/Hunter could average 80+ and be really good cash cows but if one doesn’t get named or they get dropped after one round then your season is over!

In regards to the rest of you team it’s really really good.

I'm currently with the same set up. Yes it's a very high risk/reward strategy, but not season ending if it doesn't work out, as long as you have a back up plan. You'd have to trade out a premium for a rookie on another line and upgrade a rookie ruck to either one of the big 2/3 or look at a mid pricer like Nank or Draper with a view to trade them out again later. Yes it could cost 2-3 trades extra but that's the risk you take. If at least one of the two rookies makes it to round 4/5 then it would be get Marshall in with a view to move him forward later in the season.
I'm still deciding which way to go but my team feels good with just the 1 premium ruck, Short at d5 and Dusty at m6.

Mat0369

Agreed, not season ending at all. You just need to burn a couple of trades downgrading a premium on another line to bring in Grundy.

Or find an extra 100k for spud boy Hickey

Bully

When Witts had his breakout year those that went with this structure nailed it, there's hope albeit tinged with a fair degree of risk. Worst case scenario, Briggs displaces Flynn & Ryder returns after a week.

Telescopic

Few problems solved now! Hunter and Flynn confirmed to Debut R1  ;D LESSGOOOO

Mat0369

Quote from: Telescopic on March 15, 2021, 04:03:14 PM
Few problems solved now! Hunter and Flynn confirmed to Debut R1  ;D LESSGOOOO

To be honest I'm leaning this route as well. I could turn Sharp into Dusty and Briggs into Butts. We also have Meek as a nice sideways option if it goes pearshaped

Telescopic

Lloyd and Rowell
v
Laird and Dunkley

Fiddled around with rookies and stuff and am stuck on this.
I'd hate not to have Lloyd but this knee that's been bothering him concerns me.
I get 2 Keepers v 1 and a maybe which would mean 1-2 less trades probably.

Ringo

Prefer Laird and Dunkley

Had similar concerns with Lloyd and he is now out of my team and gives me a very strong mid prem 5.

volvelle

Quote from: Ringo on March 16, 2021, 01:36:51 PM
Prefer Laird and Dunkley

Had similar concerns with Lloyd and he is now out of my team and gives me a very strong mid prem 5.

I had the same thoughts and also went Laird - Dunkley.  Both will finish as top scorers in back-forward respectively

Telescopic

Cheers for all your help in this last week everyone. I have now landed on this before final teams are released!
Changes boldened.

Team Name: Pressure Point | Salary Remaining: $26,100

Defence:
Luke Ryan, Rory Laird, Jordan Ridley
Jeremy Howe, Jordan Clark, Jordan Butts
(Bench: Jacob Koschitzke, Nicholas Murray)

Midfield:
Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Dangerfield (From FWD)
Taylor Adams, Dustin Martin, Braeden Campbell, Tom Powell
(Bench: Tyler Brockman, Errol Gulden, Anthony Scott)

Rucks:
Max Gawn, Matt Flynn
(Bench: Paul Hunter)

Forwards:
Josh Dunkley, Jack Ziebell, Joe Daniher
Ned Cahill, Chad Warner, James Rowe
(Bench: Tom Fullarton, Miles Bergman)

Mat0369

I can't really fault it. A couple of different picks but they could all pay off.

Ringo

Have you much cash to adjust rookies if required.  Think you have nailed most but until teams announced can not be certain.

You have 12 keepers like most teams so can not fault, Different structure to some though so hope it pays off for you.

Telescopic

Team Name: Pressure Point | Salary Remaining: $22,800 | R1 Score: 2073 | Overall Rank: 9,061

Defence:
Luke Ryan, Rory Laird, Jordan Ridley
Jeremy Howe, Jordan Clark, Jordan Butts
(Bench: Jacob Koschitzke, Tom Highmore)

Midfield:
Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Dangerfield
Taylor Adams, Dustin Martin, Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden
(Bench: Tom, Powell, Tyler Brockman, Sam Berry)

Rucks:
Max Gawn, Matt Flynn
(Bench: Paul Hunter)

Forwards:
Josh Dunkley, Jack Ziebell, Joe Daniher
Ned Cahill, Chad Warner, Anthony Scott
(Bench: James Rowe, Miles Bergman)

R2 Potential Changes
Danger probably has to go. I have a few swing sets and many options. My main goal at this stage would for me to have enough cash to get Cahill to McDonald or Daniher to Young next round. Brockman will probably become Jordon as well.

Option A) Danger --> Short/Steward (Via Clark)
Option B) Danger --> Boak/Walsh or another midfielder
Option C) Danger --> Zorko (Via Scott)

Thoughts?

Mat0369

I would honestly turn Danger into an out and out mid premo if you can. No speculative picks. So a Merrett, Mitchell, Fyfe is probably youd best bet. By having Taylor Adams in that midfield you don't want to grab someone that could be a one game wonder but still sot around the rung below. Fyfe there is no questions on his scoring, just his body. Mitchell and Merrett will rack up the pill so I feel they're both safer options