2021 Forwards

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 18, 2021, 10:52:48 AM
Quote from: MontyJnr on May 18, 2021, 10:00:22 AM
Hall has a new extremely fantasy friendly role on half back taking kick outs which probably gives him the higher ceiling, but there is risk he may not remain in this role for the entire season.

And there's always the injury risk with him too

If you're going to grab Heeney next week, that gives you 5 keepers so I'd be inclined to loop two fwd rookies at F6 for a while and focus on getting prems into other lines, which also gives you a bit more time to see how the fwd keeper landscape plays out

Looping the way to go for F6 although I hear Waterman doing ok in the VFL as a midfielder & may make a return.

How far off is Danger? Might be worth grabbing Heeney for now & then switching when there's rough parity.

Bully

Marshall out for a month but still relevant for season 2021. I'm grabbing Treacy just in case.

Mat0369

Thoughts on Hawkins?

Sitting equal 7th in total points (and should jump Toby Greene this weekend). 4th for a three game average at 101.7 ppg (excluding the injured Dunkley, Butters, Bolton and Reid) and 6th over 5. He has a low BE of 49 and plays GC (in Geelong) and Collingwood in his two games leading up to the bye. He also has a pretty handy bye week being first up where teams are probably only missing a handful of players. His ceiling is huge and he seems to be performing better with Cameron in the team.

Bully

Hawkins not a bad pick but not the same bang for buck as Heeney. Would rather use 140k elsewhere.

Mat0369

I also see Hawkins outscoring Heeney on the run home. With the forward line looking like a crapshoot the cash saved could be beneficial to other upgrades but with the Flynn dollars still in hand and some viable options in Kosi, Jordon, Daniher etc. still in a lot of teams it's probably not back breaking. He is still under 500k priced at 484k

Bully

I actually see Heeney as the best way to get Danger, that's if he underperforms which would also be bucking a long term trend.

Of all the gambits in the forward line this one is a decent shot, can't see him going under 90 and think his real value is 450k. Can't see too many downgrade options either.

MontyJnr

Quote from: Bully on May 21, 2021, 01:45:59 AM
I actually see Heeney as the best way to get Danger, that's if he underperforms which would also be bucking a long term trend.

Of all the gambits in the forward line this one is a decent shot, can't see him going under 90 and think his real value is 450k. Can't see too many downgrade options either.

Dangerfield is listed as 2-4 weeks away, so could return anywhere between Round 12 & Round 14.

Over that period, Heeney plays Carlton, St Kilda & Hawthorn before his Round 14 bye. If he averages 100 over that 3 game run, he will only make 88K to reach a price of 435K - is this enough to justify the trade before moving him to Dangerfield?

Heeney's run gets considerably harder following the bye with Port away, Eagles & Dogs away, so there is every possibility his price growth is stunted in that 3 game stretch and he may be difficult to rely on as an on-field option. The temptation to bring in Danger could be strong - but I'm wondering if it makes more sense to just use Weightman instead of Heeney to reach Danger?

Bully

Heeney to Danger in round 14 looks like a power move to me. At worst he becomes a great F7, perfect for a player who tends to ton up every second match.

RaisyDaisy

Heeney to Danger sounds good in theory, but nearly everyone is going to struggle to complete a side with so many injuries etc this year, so I just can't consider something like that

If I was to get Heeney, it would be for him to be a keeper in my side, not a stepping stone

I'll look at him after his bye possibly, but for now I don't think he's a must at all. Good value for sure, but I've got bigger fish to fry

EDIT: And his bye is just a massive no for me, already have too many R14 guys

Bully

Weightman is a high price rookie so I'm more inclined to pay the extra for scoring stability. They will probably earn the same amount over the next month.

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 24, 2021, 12:40:14 PM
Heeney to Danger sounds good in theory, but nearly everyone is going to struggle to complete a side with so many injuries etc this year, so I just can't consider something like that

If I was to get Heeney, it would be for him to be a keeper in my side, not a stepping stone

I'll look at him after his bye possibly, but for now I don't think he's a must at all. Good value for sure, but I've got bigger fish to fry

Heeney becomes Danger so that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

RaisyDaisy

The cost of additional trades is the turn off

I'd rather turn Flynn + Warner for example into Danger

MontyJnr

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 24, 2021, 12:40:14 PM

Who will be sitting on your bench in Round 14? The only premium forwards that have the bye that week are Heeney, Sidebottom and Tom McDonald maybe?

I'd almost be going out of my way for a Round 14 bye forward right now!

MontyJnr

Also the fact that we've been gifted with Ziebell & Impey turning into keepers means most shouldn't have too much trouble completing their side I would've thought..

RaisyDaisy

Having GG automatically puts me down to 20 max players (Highly doubt I would still have Flynn by then, and he's no guarantee to play that round anyway)

With so many other R14 players, getting to 18 is already going to be quite a stretch, so adding Heeney just makes it near impossible

As for JZ and Impey, they certainly help, but there's been a hell of a lot of injuries this year which have chewed into trades

If Heeney goes 100+ 3 weeks in a row from here, so be it

If he goes sub 100, and even 1-2 sub 90's (which I'd think is more likely) then there's no harm waiting to get him after his bye