Top 5 forwards

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Scores don't really matter in the preseason. Especially for guys that are established 22. The fact he didn't get pushed out of the CB's with Brayshaw playing is the big one since that's where he needs to be to increase his output.

Southstorm

Agree with RD, Ceglar is the best of the mid price options IMO if not for scoring but for versatility to boot.

eaglesman

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 06, 2020, 11:27:40 PM
He was at the majority of center bounces (with Brayshaw back in) and his pressure was phenomenal. The score didn't come but he passed the eye test. I'd pick him over Greenwood, Ceglar, Parish, Gresham, Rozee and Wingard.

At least 3 mentioned better picks but good luck

SilverLion

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 06, 2020, 11:37:27 PM
Scores don't really matter in the preseason. Especially for guys that are established 22. The fact he didn't get pushed out of the CB's with Brayshaw playing is the big one since that's where he needs to be to increase his output.

Eh, not sure I think his CBA's will make a huge difference

He had 23 touches, and put up 67

Last year he had 10 games of 20+ touches, and of those 10 only twice did he ton up, and barely, with 101 and 105

He was incredible last week, but how often is he going to get 38, 27 contested and kick a bag?

The talent is certainly there, but let's not get confused. He might well be a good pick, but to suggest he's a lock? Hardly

Hopefully for your sake he doesn't turn into Petrappa/Petrasha :P (shout out to Urbs!)

Rusty00

I was surprised with Petracca’s score as, like Matt, I thought he passed the “eye test”.

Does anyone know Ceglar’s score at 1/2 time, before Gawn exited?

SilverLion

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 07, 2020, 12:31:02 AM
I was surprised with Petracca’s score as, like Matt, I thought he passed the “eye test”.

Does anyone know Ceglar’s score at 1/2 time, before Gawn exited?
35 :) (Shout out to RD ;))

tommy10

With the Marsh series over, what are people's thoughts around F3/F4 specifically? Likely that majority of coaches are picking either Whitfield & Dusty or Dusty & Walters?/Heeney/Greenwood/Parish/Dawson/Gresham as F1/F2. What about F3/F4?

Options are Ceglar (DPP ruck cover), Brayshaw (increased mid time), Narkle (great POD), Steven (looked great yesterday) and Dev (if it wasn't for clangers in 1st game, would have tonned up, great 2nd game). Macpherson has had another great Marsh series, but too risky perhaps and dont think you'd lose out too much if he has a few good games. Any two of these can become top 5 fwds by season's end?

Seems like a lot of you are going light in def and going a little heavy in fwds. Personally am thinking premo, premo, then 2 of the above mentioned players, then rookie rookie is the way to go.

jvalles69

Quote from: tommy10 on March 10, 2020, 05:48:53 PM
With the Marsh series over, what are people's thoughts around F3/F4 specifically? Likely that majority of coaches are picking either Whitfield & Dusty or Dusty & Walters?/Heeney/Greenwood/Parish/Dawson/Gresham as F1/F2. What about F3/F4?

Options are Ceglar (DPP ruck cover), Brayshaw (increased mid time), Narkle (great POD), Steven (looked great yesterday) and Dev (if it wasn't for clangers in 1st game, would have tonned up, great 2nd game). Macpherson has had another great Marsh series, but too risky perhaps and dont think you'd lose out too much if he has a few good games. Any two of these can become top 5 fwds by season's end?

Seems like a lot of you are going light in def and going a little heavy in fwds. Personally am thinking premo, premo, then 2 of the above mentioned players, then rookie rookie is the way to go.

Not I, Dusty, Ceglar, Brayshaw, Steven and Dev. #YOLO

AN1611

Quote from: tommy10 on March 10, 2020, 05:48:53 PM

Based on rookies this week, have decided to go light in the mids (this is assuming Tom Greene, Tyler Brown and etc. get picked).

Atm running Whitfield, Dusty, Ceglar, Steven, Smith and rookie. This is all subject to the rookies that pop up next week.

jfitty

I'm currently rolling with:

Whitfield, Martin, Steven, Smith, Brander, Taylor

Just can't pick which of the ~450k players I like, so sticking with the 2 guns plus 2 cheaper guys I believe can average 90+

IntegralX

Smith looked much better this week, back into my team alongside Steven he goes!

tommy10

Quote from: jfitty on March 10, 2020, 06:06:47 PM
I'm currently rolling with:

Whitfield, Martin, Steven, Smith, Brander, Taylor

Just can't pick which of the ~450k players I like, so sticking with the 2 guns plus 2 cheaper guys I believe can average 90+
Very similar to mine jfitty except I have Brander in def.

Money Shot

Whitfield, Martin, Steven, Smith, Rankine, King (Taylor, Mahoney) is currently mine. Just hoping the cheap rookies pop up for round one.

dmac07

Currently set up;

Whitfield, Martin, Dawson, Parish, Georgiades, Rankine (King, Taylor).

But I am running Noble at D3 down back. Have Brander down back and Budarick in the mids who can swing forward allowing for some flexibility.