WXV Rising Star & Team of the Week 2019

Started by Purple 77, March 24, 2019, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Purple 77

Round 8

Rising Star

Shai Bolton (126)? Nup, stuck in reserves. Josh Battle (114)? Already nominated, and in reserves. James Cousins (94)? Another Cape Town young gun that could have put up a showing in the seniors.

This weeks nominee is Mexico City's Charlie Constable (92), who is the Suns third nomination so far this year!

Team of the Week

Nick Holman (Tokyo) misses out, stuck in reserves, whilst Clarry dons the C with a nuts 175!

Several new faces in this one, with Lienert, CL Brown, Houston and Lobb making appearances.

D: Heath Shaw (Beijing), Dan Houston (New York), Jackson Trengove (Christchurch), Jarrod Lienert (Berlin)
M: Clayton Oliver [C] (Seoul), Josh Kelly (Seoul), Rory Sloane (Dublin), Jack Macrae (Toronto)
R: Brodie Grundy (Beijing)
F: Tim Kelly [VC] (Toronto), Josh Dunkley (Tokyo), Rory Lobb (Cairo), Callum L Brown (Moscow)
I: Nat Fyfe (Berlin), Zach Merrett (PNL)

Coach: Toga (Beijing)

Purple 77

Round 9

Rising Star

Despite the loss, it feels like PNL have made some positive inroads recently, and Bailey Smith (104) is no exception.

Noah Balta (Mexico City) (101) and Taylin Duman (Toronto) (99) are keen to get a game next week though!

Team of the Week

Back-to-back coach-of-the-weeks gongs for Toga, whilst only his go-to ruck Brodie Grundy was the only player from last week to appear this week! Granted, last week was quite strange, this week is more of your regular programming, with a special shout-out to defence! Tokyo's Whitfield (170) enjoyed a poor Carlton team, whilst Rio players were everywhere!

... Gawn & Grundy did score the same, but I gave it to him purely coz you guys won and had a bigger score Beijing :P

Finally... Yazuwa's Charlie Cameron (117) says hi why? That's three tons in the past month now Boomzie! PLAY HIM!

D: Lachie Whitfield [C] (Tokyo), Shannon Hurn [VC] (New Delhi), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Jeremy Finlayson (Rio de Janeiro)
M: Lachie Neale (Beijing), Luke Parker (Buenos Aires), Mitch Duncan (Cape Town), Tim Taranto (Rio de Janeiro)
R: Brodie Grundy (Beijing)
F: David Mundy (Berlin), Jack Ziebell (Rio de Janeiro), Connor Rozee (Moscow), Isaac Heeney (New York)
I: Max Gawn (Berlin), Elliot Yeo (Rio de Janeiro)

GoLions

Damn, ANB just missed out on that R1 spot i reckon

Toga

Beijing boys putting in a solid effort across the board 8)

Purple 77

Round 10

Rising Star

It's been a long time coming, but New York's Xavier Duursma (108) gets the nod this week for his efforts, which were greater than any other eligible player. Beijing's Liam Baker (105) was not far behind though!

Team of the Week

Imagine resting a 146 scoring forward and losing a game by 7 points... well, Jack Gunston (Dublin) was left to do just that. Himmelberg got rewarded for his match winning efforts, whilst Sam B Reid, Darcy Parish and regular Tim Kelly make up an otherwise unconventional forward line. Special probs to late-call up Nathan Wilson too, whilst Brodie "look at me, I can towel up a nuffie ruckman and be called the best ruck in the country" Grundy gets the "C".

Also, Toga should learn to share the Coach of the Week. He's embarking upon a perfect month now!

D: Bachar Houli (New Delhi), Luke Ryan (PNL), Nathan Wilson (Seoul), Harris Andrews (Cape Town)
M: Josh Kelly (Seoul), Scott Pendlebury (New Delhi), Rory Sloane (Dublin), Luke Shuey (London)
R: Brodie Grundy [C] (Beijing)
F: Sam B Reid [VC] (Christchurch), Tim Kelly (Toronto), Darcy Parish (Buenos Aires), Harrison Himmelberg (Pacific)
I: Max Gawn (Berlin), Todd Goldstein (Dublin)

PowerBug

Give Himmelberg some sort of special award for that effort. Not just the fact he scored well but that his AFL teammates that he stole the goals off were in my team!

RaisyDaisy

Duursma! Finally we're on the board :)

Jukes

Toga

Me and the Brodie don't wanna share :P

Purple 77

Round 11

Rising Star

Following on from Port Adelaide teammate Duursma, Dublin's Zak Butters (112) finally gets reward for effort, whilst New York's Esava Ratugolea (114) will have to wait for another day to get a nom.

Team of the Week

Everyone is a regular in this team, perhaps bar Rowan Marshall. Moscow NAILED it's co-captains, with Coniglio posting 2019s first double-ton, followed by Heppell's 153. But, Berlin's Max Gawn was sandwiched between them and its VC Fyfe coming in at 4th.

Ricophants spoils Beijing's perfect month, whilst only 8 teams where represented in this team

D: Bachar Houli (New Delhi), Dane Rampe (Berlin), Michael Hurley (Pacific), Harris Andrews (Cape Town)
M: Stephen Coniglio [C] (Moscow), Dyson Heppell (Moscow), Nat Fyfe (Berlin), Josh Kelly (Seoul)
R: Max Gawn [VC] (Berlin)
F: Rowan Marshall (Toronto), Jack Darling (New Delhi), Travis Boak (Toronto), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul)
I: Luke Parker (Buenos Aires), Scott Pendlebury (New Delhi)

Coach: Ricophants (New Delhi)

fanTCfool

Rowan! Hopefully the first of many  :-*

Holz

Butters!!!

Might be my f1 next year at this rate

Purple 77

Round 12

Rising Star

Righting the wrongs of last week, Esava Ratugolea (New York) has taken out the nomination this week for this 87 against Cairo, edging out Cape Town's Gryan Miers (85) for the nom.

Team of the Week

Although not quite at the same level as a C last round, Patrick Cripps hulked out a 194 to earn it this week, with Tokyo's Josh Dunkley (173) not far behind. Interestingly enough, both players captained a losing side!

In what is normally the lowest scoring line, the forward line combined for a mammoth 649 points this week, and that's not including the two forwards on the bench!

BUT THE CRAZIEST PART OF THE ROUND?!

Despite scoring overall at least 400SC points more than the next best team this year, AND only having one player feature in this TOTW, FTC has just now notched up his first Coach of the Week title  :o :o :o :o

D: Dane Rampe (Berlin), Jarrod Harbrow (Berlin), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Aliir Aliir (Pacific)
M: Patrick Cripps [C] (Rio de Janeiro), Jack Macrae (Toronto), Sam Walsh (Mexico City), Zach Merrett (PNL)
R: Max Gawn (Berlin)
F: Josh Dunkley [VC[ (Tokyo), Jack Billings (PNL), Michael Walters (Berlin), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul)
I: Tom Papley (Cape Town), Jack Ziebell (Rio de Janeiro)

Coach: fanTCfool (Toronto)

Purple 77