2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 03, 2018, 03:39:35 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 03, 2018, 03:35:16 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 03, 2018, 03:07:49 PM
Hearing that Lobb has asked his team into looking at a return to WA.
So assuming WCE won't be able to afford him, Freo should be in the box seat here

With Gaff gone, we might be able to pay a bit more for a ruckman now.

Hearing Cats are trying to lure your ruckman in Darcy home too, that would be extra crippling for your mob if they were to succeed!
You reckon? Lobb would be on similar (if not more) than what Lycett is being offered.

Oh flower I hope not man

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on September 03, 2018, 03:41:53 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 03, 2018, 03:39:35 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 03, 2018, 03:35:16 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 03, 2018, 03:07:49 PM
Hearing that Lobb has asked his team into looking at a return to WA.
So assuming WCE won't be able to afford him, Freo should be in the box seat here

With Gaff gone, we might be able to pay a bit more for a ruckman now.

Hearing Cats are trying to lure your ruckman in Darcy home too, that would be extra crippling for your mob if they were to succeed!
You reckon? Lobb would be on similar (if not more) than what Lycett is being offered.

Oh flower I hope not man

Yeah I don't know, just don't want Roughead is all.  :(

Would be absolutely brutal to lose Darcy after putting that work into him and Sandi on the way out.

RaisyDaisy

I reckon Gaff is still 50/50, but it's sounding like Lycett is gone  :'(

I'd be happy with just about anyone over Roughy - Lobb would be handy  ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 03, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

1.2m is a lot to turn down. What's the max we can give him? If we do keep him it prob means we're flowered in the ruck dept.  I guess the 2 scenarios are keep Gaff get Roughead, lose Gaff get someone better.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 03, 2018, 04:14:09 PM

1.2m is a lot to turn down. What's the max we can give him? If we do keep him it prob means we're flowered in the ruck dept.  I guess the 2 scenarios are keep Gaff get Roughead, lose Gaff get someone better.

I think we're at 800k. From what I've heard it will cost him about 2M if he stays with us

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 03, 2018, 04:27:13 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 03, 2018, 04:14:09 PM

I think we're at 800k. From what I've heard it will cost him about 2M if he stays with us

You can't put a value on not playing for North though... ;)

RaisyDaisy

CONTRACTED Port Adelaide defenders Jasper Pittard and Jack Hombsch have been told they will be traded, should they seek fresh starts away from the Power.

AFL.com.au understands the pair were asked in separate exit meetings last week to consider their futures at Alberton as the Power prepares for another aggressive off-season.

While they're yet to be actively shopped around to other clubs, Pittard and Hombsch were informed they both face a fight to secure a spot in the Power's best 22 in 2019.

RaisyDaisy

OUT-OF-contract Richmond ball-getter Anthony Miles has met with Gold Coast about a possible move as the Suns look to bolster their midfield.

Brisbane midfielder Ben Keays is believed to have an interest in heading to the Suns for further opportunities after playing just two games for the Lions this year.

Keays, 21, is a Queenslander and joined Brisbane in 2015 as a product of the Lions Academy, but is unlikely to be a priority for the Suns during the exchange period.

kilbluff1985

RaisyDaisy

ADELAIDE great Andrew Jarman believes Hawthorn could be ready to launch a stunning trade week double.

Jarman believes the Hawks are ready to trade for GWS star midfielder Dylan Shiel while also chasing Port Adelaide gun Chad Wingard.

The Hawks are rumoured to still be in the hunt for Gold Coast star Tom Lynch but would have to commit to one or the other.

Both Shiel and Wingard are out of contract next year and Hawthorn will look to exploit the Giants and Power's need for a return for the future free agents.

"Obviously, he's (Shiel) going to leave at the end of the year," Jarman told Triple M.

"Hawthorn are all over Dylan Shiel, in return they'll be offering their ruckman (Jon) Ceglar and a first-round draft pick.

"And Hawthorn want Chad Wingard as well.

"Just imagine if they get Dylan Shiel and Chad Wingard for next year. Hawthorn just know how to do it."

Carlton is understood to be the front-runner if Shiel does decide to leave GWS.

Reports out of Adelaide suggested Wingard has put a $1 million-a-year price tag on himself.

shaker

Ha ha what team is going to be stupid enough to pay 1 million for Wingard ?

iZander

Quote from: shaker on September 04, 2018, 05:01:20 PM
North Melb would have :P

crowls

Quote from: shaker on September 04, 2018, 05:01:20 PM
for sure, way overs,  and hawks will not play that game.  Norf are desperate for a breathing top 10% footballer and not sure wingard is in top 10% even.

Norf can go Menzel for sfa,  then some 20 yr old youngon for fwd pressure.

Koop

Wingard won't go anywhere, you can hold me to that.

jvalles69

Quote from: Koop on September 04, 2018, 10:50:45 PM
Wingard won't go anywhere, you can hold me to that.

Pretty sure that's the reason why he's asking for 1mill, knows noone will pay that.