2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on October 02, 2018, 09:32:06 AM
Pillage of the Suns continues with Kade  Kolodjashnij reportedly seeking a trade to Melbourne.

Also a bit of a rumour that Pies have given up on Marcus Adams and Brisbane may be offering a 3 year deal. Could be some truth here as Fages has always wanted to try Andrews forward.  Will be graet doe Brisbane if we land Neale, Adams, McCarthy and some suggesting Jackson Thurlow as well although do not want him. Mayes wants to return to SA so there may be a movement out and some rumours of Ben Keays wanting to go to the Suns.

One thing for certain though this is going to be the most exciting trade period ever as I think I am now up to 40 players leaving clubs according to rumours.
Think McStay goes forward personally. Wouldn't move Andrews, was almost AA. Walker and Gardiner also locks down back I'd think.

Andrews, Adams would be like a Barrass, McGovern/ Rance, Astbury etc.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on October 02, 2018, 11:28:45 AM
Quote from: Ringo on October 02, 2018, 09:32:06 AM
Pillage of the Suns continues with Kade  Kolodjashnij reportedly seeking a trade to Melbourne.

Also a bit of a rumour that Pies have given up on Marcus Adams and Brisbane may be offering a 3 year deal. Could be some truth here as Fages has always wanted to try Andrews forward.  Will be graet doe Brisbane if we land Neale, Adams, McCarthy and some suggesting Jackson Thurlow as well although do not want him. Mayes wants to return to SA so there may be a movement out and some rumours of Ben Keays wanting to go to the Suns.

One thing for certain though this is going to be the most exciting trade period ever as I think I am now up to 40 players leaving clubs according to rumours.
Think McStay goes forward personally. Wouldn't move Andrews, was almost AA. Walker and Gardiner also locks down back I'd think.

Andrews, Adams would be like a Barrass, McGovern/ Rance, Astbury etc.
Nor would I SL but Fages has mentioned it a couple of times that he would like to see how he goes forward.

shaker

Things looking up for the Lions if they can snag Neale and Adams plus the others mentioned could see a rapid rise up the ladder if they can pull it off  ;)

LaHug

Quote from: shaker on October 02, 2018, 12:04:48 PM
Things looking up for the Lions if they can snag Neale and Adams plus the others mentioned could see a rapid rise up the ladder if they can pull it off  ;)

The trick is to finish 13th next year if they want to make the Grand Final in the following season.

shaker

Quote from: LaHug on October 02, 2018, 12:26:49 PM

The trick is to finish 13th next year if they want to make the Grand Final in the following season.
The number 13 unlucky for some  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on October 02, 2018, 12:31:39 PM
Quote from: LaHug on October 02, 2018, 12:26:49 PM

The number 13 unlucky for some  ;)
Do not be surprised if there is some further action from Lions if the Neale and Adams trades are finalised early. Some speculation that we make a play for Dom Tyson as an inside mid which we really need.

RaisyDaisy

Saints and Hawks looking at Amon

Another Sun wants to leave - Scrimshaw wants to head back to Melbourne, although he is contracted for 2 more years

crowls

Poor bloody Suns,  may as well fold them up and split up the players.   Or move to the Sunshine Coast and see how you go, worked for the netballers.

AaronKirk

Jack Hombsch a target for the Gold Coast to bring in according to Michelangelo Rucci via Adelaide Advertiser.

The same article reckons Collingwood and North Melbourne are looking at Jake Neade and reiterates RD's point from earlier that clubs are looking at Amon - St Kilda and Hawthorn.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaide-defender-jack-hombsch-could-play-key-role-in-revival-of-gold-coast-suns-with-jake-neade-karl-amon-and-chad-wingard-also-in-trade-discussions/news-story/ada4c0ffdcec1f5394a1f3e2bf4b4014

Ringo

Carlton: Levi Casboult has been told he's on the trade table by the Blues

Geelong: Jackson Thurlow, Jordan Murdoch & Daniel Menzel advised to explore opportunities elsewhere

Sydney: Dean Towers, Jordan Foote, Angus Styles & Jake Brown have been delisted

Fremantle: Lachie Neale has decided to join Brisbane on a 5yr deal via @sam_mcclure via @traderadio

SydneyRox

Towers @ Sydney can consider himself a little unlucky i would think.

Mat0369

Byrne possibly not returning from Ireland for the Blues.

Mat0369

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 01, 2018, 06:47:43 PM
Am I the only impartial person who thinks Carlton should not go for Mitch McGovern?

Keep developing McKay, Curnow as forwards and use your currency you have to go after mids to help Cripps.

Surely midfield quality players like Shiel are a higher priority for Carlton?

Bias opinion and completely agree. Downside is he apparently confirmed the Hawks were his club of choice today and that means we have to focus our attention elsewhere. There is huge list of players that we were looking at this off-season. A lot of the options I don't like but I have the list below that have been linked at some point.

Shiel
McGovern
Setterfield
Brodie
Scrimshaw
Barlow
Gaff (never going to happen but they took a shot)
Tyson
Libba
Wallis
Goddard
Menzel
Fasolo
Hall (committed to the Roos now)
Scully (cap dump in the Shiel/Setterfield deal)
Dunstan
Lonie

Probably also a couple others that I can't remember or have committed elsewhere

I have this gut feeling that talks will break down and we're likely to get left with just Fasolo at the end which is depressing. However I'd be even more pissed off if we traded next years first for McGovern. That's the pick that's being thrown around as a part of the Shiel trade and it makes sense if we did get all three of Shiel, Scully and Setterfield in that deal. It goes a long way to solving our midfield depth issues when you add in Walsh as a number 1 pick.