WXV Rules Discussion 2018

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

How about full lockouts on normal rounds but rolling lock outs for games that Start Thursday and Anzac Day round. Would have meant 7 games full rolling lock outs this year.

Really do not like the split round with the byes so probably need to investigate if there is an easier way of doing the draw to miss the byes.

Toga

Quote from: Ringo on August 08, 2018, 09:10:22 AM
How about full lockouts on normal rounds but rolling lock outs for games that Start Thursday and Anzac Day round. Would have meant 7 games full rolling lock outs this year.

Really do not like the split round with the byes so probably need to investigate if there is an easier way of doing the draw to miss the byes.

I agree.

It's all well and good arguing that you can counter the effects of a completely rolling lockout by being more active on FF but as soon as anyone has work commitments or sporting commitments on a Saturday or Sunday you're at a massive disadvantage. Plus massive increase in workload for Purps which I don't think is fair.

The point is warranted, as it would bring more activity and banter on matchday threads but I'm not sure it would work practically.

Purple 77

Interesting thought Ringo!

And don't worry about my work load, though the concern is appreciated :) I'll sing out if I see something that has a material effect on me

meow meow

I think we should up the workload TBH. Purps has been slacking off a bit lately with the match previews and such, really needs a kick up the butt.

upthemaidens

How about being able to rest more than one player per week.

upthemaidens

How about (like with flood/Attack) we are able to not name a Ruck a few times a year.
  Or get a smaller penalty for an OOP Ruck, instead of half points maybe 10-20%.  Which can be used X amount of times per season.

Toga

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 08, 2018, 07:49:17 PM
How about (like with flood/Attack) we are able to not name a Ruck a few times a year.
  Or get a smaller penalty for an OOP Ruck, instead of half points maybe 10-20%.  Which can be used X amount of times per season.

Don't really like it.

If any changes to the ruck rules I think it needs to be the previously suggested multiplier based on the player's height (e.g. 80% for 200cm+, 60% for 190cm+, 40% for <190cm) as this is more realistic.

GoLions

How about we scrap the captains

upthemaidens

Quote from: Toga on August 08, 2018, 07:51:24 PM

Don't really like it.

If any changes to the ruck rules I think it needs to be the previously suggested multiplier based on the player's height (e.g. 80% for 200cm+, 60% for 190cm+, 40% for <190cm) as this is more realistic.
Yeah but we just didn't nominate a ruck :)  seen that a number of times this season.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Toga on August 08, 2018, 07:51:24 PM

Don't really like it.

I actually think instead of height, just go by what the player averages in hit outs.  More than 3 or 4 a game and he gets a penalty reduction.

meow meow

How about you just get a ruckman.

Holz

no ruck rules.

I almost had an OOP with daw and henry as actual defenders.

No special rules for rucks

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on August 08, 2018, 08:57:23 PM
no ruck rules.

LOL Holz, you can't compare two players playing a new position this year to not having a ruck

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 08, 2018, 09:05:50 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 08, 2018, 08:57:23 PM
no ruck rules.

LOL Holz, you can't compare two players playing a new position this year to not having a ruck

Whats the difference in an OOP defender and an OOP ruck?

RaisyDaisy

You almost had OOP because your depth was shower

You can't go claiming players that changed position during the year

And you can attack too. You're just flowered when your ruck goes down, which is the issue I've always had