WXV Rules Discussion 2018

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey all :D

The majority has revealed itself with 10-6 (Pacific & PNL yet to vote) voting in favour of a rules discussion, so lets get stuck into it  :o

ANYONE can nominate a rule change, and it will be voted on. However, be sure there is adequate explanation to validate your proposed change.

Every now and then throughout the year, someone has brought up something they'd like Worlds to do differently. Now is the time to bring that up, and it WILL be voted on. We only have 3 weeks of the year to discuss rules and change them, so use this time wisely. Once the rules have been voted on, THAT IS IT for the next 12 months! (except for the review on the trade voting process that is held after the trade period).

We need all rule changes approved/rejected by Monday the 27th of August, which probably means I'll leave the final PM no later than the 24th.

Personally - unlike previous years - this year I don't really have a clear focus on any given rule. Except, as always...

THERE WILL BE A SALARY CAP! It is the only thing that I will enforce, even if against the majority. The only thing I'll entertain is what kind of cap system we implement.  It will not go away whilst I'm admin, so suggestions to get rid of it entirely are fruitless.

So with the above in mind, I'll leave the floor open for rule suggestions :)

Purple 77

Actually, I lied.

I miss the Leadership Group :( I WANT IT BACK!

And Rolling Lockout loopholing should be allowed. Maybe not partial lockout loopholing, but I think there is merit in Rolling Lockout loopholing, as because as we saw earlier in the year, you might innocently have to do it just to name your preferred team.

Holz

Mid season trade period ill float that.

Injuries to one line or injuries in general can cause some real issues.

Some very minor fix ups could really fix alot of bad luck

Purple 77

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 04, 2018, 12:18:01 PM
Actually, I lied.

I miss the Leadership Group :( I WANT IT BACK!

And Rolling Lockout loopholing should be allowed. Maybe not partial lockout loopholing, but I think there is merit in Rolling Lockout loopholing, as because as we saw earlier in the year, you might innocently have to do it just to name your preferred team.

Also, partial lockout loopholing can be perceived as dodgy, because it advantages those with players in Thursday night games.

Rolling lockout loopholing doesn't advantage any team with a particular set of players, so yeah, I think there is merit.

RaisyDaisy

Don't mind the idea of Mid Season trade, but I think it needs to be capped

Eg you can only do X amount of trades

I would think 2 or 3 should be max

iZander

Rivalry round? no HGA

Toronto vs Dublin
NY vs pacific
ect

Thoughts?

meow meow

I think the cap needs a tweak. Should be based on the total value of players actually playing that year, not the year before. There's lots of cap cheats who are actually more than 5% over the max.

Also SUPER FLOOD! Using 2 of the 5 in one hit. Make it possible to play a D8 if people want to use 4 at once.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 04, 2018, 01:09:35 PM
I think the cap needs a tweak. Should be based on the total value of players actually playing that year, not the year before. There's lots of cap cheats who are actually more than 5% over the max.

Also SUPER FLOOD! Using 2 of the 5 in one hit. Make it possible to play a D8 if people want to use 4 at once.

So how do you plan to value all the guys who will play next year who didnt play this year?

RaisyDaisy

Rule suggestion: If you delete your account you forfeit your team :P

DazBurg

we discussed it and i thought HP had pm'd our yes vote like 4-5 days ago??

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on August 04, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

Didn't get it, but no dramas  :)

DazBurg

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 04, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 04, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

Didn't get it, but no dramas  :)
just sent through to finish the process ;)

RaisyDaisy

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 04, 2018, 03:09:09 PM
Classic PNL
haha this one wasn't us leaving to last minute, this was us thinking the other was responding

ahh well didn't change anything at all anyways

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: DazBurg on August 04, 2018, 03:11:39 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 04, 2018, 03:09:09 PM
Classic PNL
haha this one wasn't us leaving to last minute, this was us thinking the other was responding

And both of those are classic PNL :P