Started by Purple 77, January 29, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: Holz on January 29, 2018, 06:46:42 PM
    Quote from: iZander on January 29, 2018, 04:40:49 PM
    Quote from: Purple 77 on January 29, 2018, 03:05:25 PM
    1. Dublin, Seoul, New Delhi, Pacific, Berlin, Christchurch
    2. New York, Toronto, Beijing, PNL, Cape Town, Cairo
    3. Moscow, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, London, Tokyo, Buenos Aires[/li][/list]

Why the hell are we in tier 3???

or if i want to be more mean, because there isnt a Tier 4.
    Na, parish going 130 this year

RaisyDaisy

Good to see that barely any of my requests made it lol  :'(

Having to play all of Beijing, Pacific, Cairo, Berlin and Rio away = losing at least one or two matches to HGA  :'(

Dublin and NDT at home too, that's a waste of home ground advantage haha

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 30, 2018, 12:51:36 AM
    Good to see that barely any of my requests made it lol  :'(

Having to play all of Beijing, Pacific, Cairo, Berlin and Rio away = losing at least one or two matches to HGA  :'(

Dublin and NDT at home too, that's a waste of home ground advantage haha
    Yeah, i was hoping to get Cilic's draw as well :-\

meow meow

Round 17 - A home game against NDT to determine who finishes in top spot.

Ricochet

Nah Scooter is cooked, along with our finals chances. Bottom 4 for sure now

Levi434

Out of interest how exactly were the tiers decided? Was it based of some form of statistic or purely Holz's opinion?

Holz

Quote from: Levi434 on January 30, 2018, 05:04:14 PM
    Out of interest how exactly were the tiers decided? Was it based of some form of statistic or purely Holz's opinion?

it looks like it was just off my suggestion.

for the record i pretty much ordered it in points scored and ladder postion.

with the exception of Rio, Mexico and Christchurch

Rio and Mexico clearly went into full rebuild so

Rio moved down from Tier 1 to Tier 3, PNL moved up from 3 to 2. Free spot in Tier 1 opened up
    Mexico moved down to down from 2 to Tier 3 and PNL moved up from 3 to 2.

Christchurch went full on contend mode so moved from Tier 2 to Tier 1 in the free spot opened up from Rio.

Regardless as the games are spread out there wont be any disadvantage going in another tier. For example If i was put in Tier 3 i wouldn't have any advantage as i still need to play all 17 teams anyway.

Going forward if we use this system, just going on points scored with judgement calls on teams that make huge moves makes sense to me.

Levi434

Bit stiff to a few teams such as Toronto, Beijing, Moscow and Rio though.

Teams that made wholesale changes shouldn't be subject to last years stats to determine this years events.

RaisyDaisy

The trade period shouldn't be factored at all

The ladder at the end of the season (regular fixture) should then be split into 3 tiers in order on where each team finished

Nobody is forcing coaches to rebuild or change their strategy, so what they do in the off season shouldn't matter

Keep it simple, 1-6, 7-12 and 13-18

It's not like it has a massive difference at the end of the day because we all end up playing each other once no matter how you cut it

GoLions

I thought it was mainly to make rivalry round work for R1. Hence why we got put into Tier 2. Otherwise would have been tier 1 ofc

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on January 30, 2018, 07:13:37 PM
    I thought it was mainly to make rivalry round work for R1. Hence why we got put into Tier 2. Otherwise would have been tier 1 ofc

That, yes.

Also not sure why the controversy? You play every team once no matter what, and form is essentially random. I accepted the tiers coz "why not?" pretty much.

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 30, 2018, 07:08:28 PM
    The trade period shouldn't be factored at all

The ladder at the end of the season (regular fixture) should then be split into 3 tiers in order on where each team finished

Nobody is forcing coaches to rebuild or change their strategy, so what they do in the off season shouldn't matter

Keep it simple, 1-6, 7-12 and 13-18

It's not like it has a massive difference at the end of the day because we all end up playing each other once no matter how you cut it

Its just a quick rough guide to make the fixture a little more interesting.

So getting it closer to accurate is better.