2017/2018 Trades,Drafting and Off Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, October 02, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

RaisyDaisy

A team like the Suns should pick up Welly, and a team like Norf should give Lamb a go

The other 3 are probably cooked

Adamant

Lamb is such a waste. One of the most naturally gifted players from his draft year and he was never given a decent crack at it. His attitude was much better at EP this season too, but even with senior players like LeCras underperforming he was just made to rot away down there.

I can see him getting picked up by a Vic club and thriving.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Adamant on October 25, 2017, 09:57:37 PM
Lamb is such a waste. One of the most naturally gifted players from his draft year and he was never given a decent crack at it. His attitude was much better at EP this season too, but even with senior players like LeCras underperforming he was just made to rot away down there.

I hope he does, because yes he was rated highly and I had high hopes with him, but he didn't get a proper crack it at all, and that's not the first time WCE have done this.

Money Shot

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 25, 2017, 10:00:39 PM
Quote from: Adamant on October 25, 2017, 09:57:37 PM

I hope he does, because yes he was rated highly and I had high hopes with him, but he didn't get a proper crack it at all, and that's not the first time WCE have done this.
Was going to ask you guys what your thoughts would be if Carlton picked him up and I have got my answer. I remember him being drafted early and playing a game early and then he just disappeared. Hopefully another team gives him a crack.

Gigantor

Feel like we have gone a bit too hard with these delistings, we have made 12 list changes due to retirements/delisting and have picked up Ah Chee, where the hell are we going to get the other 11 players from?

5 picks in the first two rounds then nothing until pick 69 in the 4th, worried we could be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill the last few spots. Hopefully we are looking at some mature agers from the WAFL.

Gigantor

Pretty happy with the fixture considering we did finish in the top 6
7 of the first 11 at home is nice though would rather that in the second half of the year haha

GWS, Syd away probably two of the hardest games, though Pies at the G is probably a loss  ;D

Happy that we have two games at AO, mark them down as wins  :P

RaisyDaisy

Herald Sun reporting that we might be getting Stephenson, which would be fantastic!

Apparently he has a heart condition which has made clubs wary. Easily a Top 10 pick so if he's still there at 13 then that would be a big steal for us

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 24, 2017, 09:55:49 AM
Herald Sun reporting that we might be getting Stephenson, which would be fantastic!

Apparently he has a heart condition which has made clubs wary. Easily a Top 10 pick so if he's still there at 13 then that would be a big steal for us

I haven't done any research into the draft, but I see heart condition and instantly think Jayden Pitt :-\

LF

I'm pretty happy with our new Eagles,I reckon we've done quite well

jvalles69

Quote from: LF on November 25, 2017, 12:58:22 AM

Yeah I think we did ok without knowing all the players too well.  Can someone do a write up on each pick?

LF

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 25, 2017, 06:15:21 PM
Quote from: LF on November 25, 2017, 12:58:22 AM

Yeah I think we did ok without knowing all the players too well.  Can someone do a write up on each pick?

Best bet is to ask Pk he is the full bottle on the draftees haha

Gigantor

So Brander has been a West Coast fan since he was six and moved away to boarding school in year 10.
Hopefully that means no go home issues :)

elephants

Quote from: Gigantor on November 25, 2017, 06:53:54 PM
So Brander has been a West Coast fan since he was six and moved away to boarding school in year 10.
Hopefully that means no go home issues :)

Love hearing this!