2017/2018 Trades,Drafting and Off Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, October 02, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

So let's discuss what Eagles need to do at the trade and draft table

jvalles69

Out: Wellingham, Hill, Masten
In: honestly can't see anyone that would help us Fasolo maybe, but think he'll stay at the Pies.

shaker

Reckon you need some more mid depth someone like Miles will be up for grabs

Money Shot

If you guys got offered pick 7 or 8 from the saints for Gaff would you guys take it do you think?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Money Shot on October 02, 2017, 06:03:26 PM
If you guys got offered pick 7 or 8 from the saints for Gaff would you guys take it do you think?

Apparently we were offered that plus Acres already and knocked it back

Honestly, I love Gaffy but if he did actually leave I don't think it's that much of a loss as silly as that might sound. I'd be gutted to lose him, but he is replaceable

As for what we need, with Pridda and Smitch gone how does our midfield look now?

Shuey leading Redden, Sheed and not much more. Gaff plays outside and Hutch gets in there a bit, but overall that's a pretty underwhelming midfield, but I can't see us getting an established gun mid unfortunately

Yeo will need to spend more time in the mids you'd think

NN & Shuey are going to be extremely vital next year

Torpedo10

Partington should get a significant run in the midfield by the look of it?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 02, 2017, 06:29:19 PM
Partington should get a significant run in the midfield by the look of it?

Yeah he'll get more games, but it's basically Shuey or bust

GoLions

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 02, 2017, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 02, 2017, 06:03:26 PM

Apparently we were offered that plus Acres already and knocked it back

Honestly, I love Gaffy but if he did actually leave I don't think it's that much of a loss as silly as that might sound. I'd be gutted to lose him, but he is replaceable

As for what we need, with Pridda and Smitch gone how does our midfield look now?

Shuey leading Redden, Sheed and not much more. Gaff plays outside and Hutch gets in there a bit, but overall that's a pretty underwhelming midfield, but I can't see us getting an established gun mid unfortunately

Yeo will need to spend more time in the mids you'd think

NN & Shuey are going to be extremely vital next year

Acres was never 'offered'. He was just apart of the trade rumor because he's from WA.

RaisyDaisy

"Apparently"

Just going by what some Saints guy in the know said according to Kyle

Anyway, it's irrelevant really because nothing came from it

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 02, 2017, 07:42:32 PM
"Apparently"

Just going by what some Saints guy in the know said according to Kyle

Anyway, it's irrelevant really because nothing came from it

Yeah was just a rumor circulating from the half-wits from bigfooty. They all shut up about it once he signed for an extra 2 years.

I could see Gaff for 7/8 happening though. It'll allow you guys to worry about your inside game with 2 guns retiring. Jetta just needs to step up if Gaff leaves.

jvalles69

Any mature agers out there worth grabbing?  Priddis came in and gave instant impact, maybe thats what we need again till the kids get some games into them.

Ricochet

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 02, 2017, 10:47:03 PM
Any mature agers out there worth grabbing?  Priddis came in and gave instant impact, maybe thats what we need again till the kids get some games into them.
I'd be stoked with Tim Kelly at Freo, I'd be chasing him if i was west coast

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-07/former-lion-flies-high-as-eagles-best

Yeo wins the Woosha medal

John Worsfold Medal top 10

1. Elliot Yeo - 197
2. Jeremy McGovern - 191
3. Luke Shuey - 180
4. Shannon Hurn - 170
5. Josh Kennedy - 166
6. Andrew Gaff - 158
7. Jack Darling - 140
8. Sam Mitchel - 134
9. Matt Priddis - 125
10. Brad Sheppard - 120

Hard-nut Mark Hutchings received the Chris Mainwaring Medal as best clubman, while Liam Duggan was named rookie of the year.

Shuey, Jack Darling and Andrew Gaff received life membership after playing 150 games, while recruiters Rohan O’Brien, Kim Hannah and Greg Hyde were also recognised for serving the club since 1992.

Peter

Surely the return of NicNat has to have an impact - Redden good SC and DT prospect?