2017/2018 Trades,Drafting and Off Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, October 02, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

So what do we think about Ah Chee nominating West Coast as the club he wants to come to?

I probably haven't seen enough of him to form a real opinion, but my initial thoughts are that he might be similar to a lot of what we already have and although we'll happily take him he might not make much of a difference

What do others think?

LF

I don't mind it at all,shouldn't cost us too much,agree haven't seen enough of him to form much of an opinion on if he'll be decent or not

jvalles69

jvalles69

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 17, 2017, 11:40:10 AM
Wish there was more happening in this thread.  :'(

Pretty standard for WCE, we never really do a whole lot

Apparently the Dons and WBD are trying to get us to put up Pick 13 so it can be used for ESS to land Stringer

LF

Gigantor

shaker

28 in may might only have 2 or 3 years left does not sound to good

RaisyDaisy

So what do we think of the Best 22 suggested by AFL.com?

B: Brad Sheppard, Tom Barrass, Jackson Nelson
HB: Liam Duggan, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
C: Lewis Jetta, Elliot Yeo, Andrew Gaff
HF: Mark LeCras, Jack Darling, Jack Redden
F: Willie Rioli, Josh Kennedy, Jamie Cripps
R: Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey, Dom Sheed
INT: Nathan Vardy, Brendon Ah Chee, Daniel Venables, Mark Hutchings

NOTES: Ex-Power onballer Ah Chee should be close to West Coast's best team next year, but balancing the number of inside midfielders will be key with Redden, Hutchings and Sheed playing similar roles. Yeo and Duggan could also be shifted into the engine room. The Eagles need to invest in players with pace at this year's draft and will also hope Shuey clone Venables comes on next year with an injury-free run. Rioli helps solve the crumbing forward problem if he can get fitter over pre-season and stay on the park. Mackenzie's late-season form suggests he will could easily remain in the back six, while Lycett and Vardy are set to battle for the No.2 ruck role.

REMAINING SENIOR LIST: Matthew Allen, Tom Cole, Josh Hill, Mark Hutchings, Malcolm Karpany, Tom Lamb, Scott Lycett, Eric Mackenzie, Chris Masten, Kurt Mutimer, Luke Partington, Josh Rotham, Will Schofield, Jake Waterman, Sharrod Wellingham

REMAINING ROOKIE LIST: Tarir Bayok, Tom Gorter, Fraser McInnes, Jordan Snadden, Francis Watson

Ricochet

Reckon Yeo goes inside? He's pretty flowering good across halfback

GoLions

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 22, 2017, 12:33:21 PM
Reckon Yeo goes inside? He's pretty flowering good across halfback

I'd like to see him continue to be Adam Hunter 2.0 but I think we are going to need to extend his mid time

Gov, Hurn and Barass can all intercept and rebound down back, with guys like Shep and Nielson providing run out of there too so whilst we will need Yeo to spend time down there through out games, we will need him to be spend more time in the mids I feel because Shuey is going to need help now and although guys like Redden, Sheed and Hutch will try hard we need the polish of Yeo in there a fair bit I feel

I think Yeo will always be a player who plays in parts all over the ground because his flexibility and ability to do so is his biggest strength, but I think we need the percentages to shift so that he is in the mids a bit more next year than what he has been so far

I'd like to finally see Rioli and Venables at AFL level so hopefully they both have solid preseasons but I think looking out our list we probably have a best 18, with the 4 spots up for grabs and to be shared

Ricochet

Also depends how hard they're going to go at getting games into kids. Partington is another that needs to get in there

LF

We need to play some of these kids to see if they'll be any good,no good keeping them on the list especially the length some have already been on our list for if they don't give them a half decent crack at it.