NFL 2017/18 Season

Started by Mat0369, September 11, 2017, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2017, 03:57:11 PM
I guess that's what happens when you let Cam Newton throw the ball 52 times in a game. You lose.

Should just let McCaffrey run it or throw it to him every down. Future GOAT

Im not sure how much more he could do.

taking out Cam from the running game the rest of the team had 14 carries for 9 yards thats horrible. Macafrey the best  with 2 runs a carry.

I dont think i have ever seen a QB asked to do soo much that game.

50+ throws and then goes and runs it 71 yards off 11 caries, its not like it was one big play either.

Jukes

Quote from: Holz on October 13, 2017, 04:11:34 PM
I guess that's what happens when you let Cam Newton throw the ball 52 times in a game. You lose.

taking out Cam from the running game the rest of the team had 14 carries for 9 yards thats horrible. Macafrey the best  with 2 runs a carry.

50+ throws and then goes and runs it 71 yards off 11 caries, its not like it was one big play either.

Stewart for one was playing injured (ankle). Also, you'll never get anywhere if you don't commit to running the football. Ground and pound and the yardage will come - like in footy, first quarters are usually a lot tighter than last quarters and produce less scoring. Running games are the same - ypc would increase for each quarter the game goes on if you can commit to running it, rather than just running it a token few times.

50+ throws at 54% completions and 4.6 yards per attempt. With three picks. It's pathetic. Panthers should draft a QB in the first two rounds this draft to develop for a few years, before it's too late. Lucky this draft looks deep for QBs - Thorsen, Falk, Mayfield, Rudolph, and, who I think would fit well in Carolina, Jarrett Stidham, all should go second round and later.

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2017, 04:37:34 PM

Stewart for one was playing injured (ankle). Also, you'll never get anywhere if you don't commit to running the football. Ground and pound and the yardage will come - like in footy, first quarters are usually a lot tighter than last quarters and produce less scoring. Running games are the same - ypc would increase for each quarter the game goes on if you can commit to running it, rather than just running it a token few times.

50+ throws at 54% completions and 4.6 yards per attempt. With three picks. It's pathetic. Panthers should draft a QB in the first two rounds this draft to develop for a few years, before it's too late. Lucky this draft looks deep for QBs - Thorsen, Falk, Mayfield, Rudolph, and, who I think would fit well in Carolina, Jarrett Stidham, all should go second round and later.

They ran the ball 25 times to 27 though.

As you said Stewart was injured so there goes the running game.

The previous two weeks Cam went

48/62 which is 77% completion and 10.8 per attempt

you just have to back in Cam. Not the best in the league at passing by any means but great on the ground. As i said 11 carries for 71 yards and 1 TD thats great.

he now has rushed the ball per game  6.6 caries for 27 yards and 0.5 touchdowns.

he has thrown 21/33 for 246 yards with 1.5 TD to 1.33 Int

thats a 64.5% completion which is 13th in the league (he was 4th)

so you have a average guy in the air and a elite guy on the ground. why in the world would you draft a QB.

Why not work on your OL or pick up a Corner

Holz

Of the 3 interceptions.

1. He was hit as he was throwing the ball, so kinda his fault but wasn't protected very well (Needs a better O line)
2. The guy he threw it to dropped a easy catch fumbled it soo badly that the opposition caught it. 100% not his fault.
3. Yeah was going for too much as was behind, but it was a stupid throw.

ill blame him for 1.5 of those.

Jukes

Quote from: Holz on October 13, 2017, 05:17:59 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2017, 04:37:34 PM

They ran the ball 25 times to 27 though.

As you said Stewart was injured so there goes the running game.

The previous two weeks Cam went

48/62 which is 77% completion and 10.8 per attempt

you just have to back in Cam. Not the best in the league at passing by any means but great on the ground. As i said 11 carries for 71 yards and 1 TD thats great.

he now has rushed the ball per game  6.6 caries for 27 yards and 0.5 touchdowns.

he has thrown 21/33 for 246 yards with 1.5 TD to 1.33 Int

thats a 64.5% completion which is 13th in the league (he was 4th)

so you have a average guy in the air and a elite guy on the ground. why in the world would you draft a QB.

Why not work on your OL or pick up a Corner

Actual backs ran the ball 21 times to 13.

Stewart was injured, but no the running game shouldn't go away. They just drafted a running back at eighth overall.

He's a below average passer for mine and an above average runner. Just too bad for a QB passing is about 10 times more valuable than running. Running QBs won't consistetly succeed unless you have a great defence (Wilson) or are a near-GOAT (Young).

Newton is 28 and not playing amazingly, and his body could start to break down soon. Always best to draft a QB a few years early and let them develop behind the incumbent starter - like the Packers did with Rodgers behind Favre, or the Patriots are in the process of doing with Garroppollo behind Brady, rather than go for a QB early the year you need them, thrust them into action and ruin their growth (like the browns do every year).

Holz

at worst Cam is a average QB.

The panthers will not have a very high pick so they will not be in a position to pick up a likely franchise quarterback. If they could pick up Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or even Lamar Jackson then yep makes alot of sense.

even Josh Allen and Clayton Thorston will likely be gone.

Mat0369

When you're facing the 3rd place rushing defense that is hammering the back in the backfield you need to throw the ball. Our D-line was causing havoc. It took them until the end of the 3rd quarter to have a run of 4 yards by the RB.

D was fantastic, the line struggled early and no Lane hurt, especially with the blitzes the Panthers were throwing at Wentz. Lucky he is money on third down!

Mat0369

Also here is a fun stat for you

Pete Morelli’s crew in last FOUR Eagles games

Philly penalties - 40 for 396 yards

Opponent penalties - 8 for 72 yards

It was 10-126 compared to 1-1. The 1-1 was on an extra point which the crew just called it to be assessed on the kick off, Doug yelled at them because they didn't ask him and we went for 2 and scored. The officiating was a complete 1 sided joke.

PowerBug

Can’t run, can’t win. Not the first time this year we haven’t been able to run the ball.

Cam tried but he had to do it all today, and couldn’t.

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 13, 2017, 10:14:30 PM

When you're facing the 3rd place rushing defense that is hammering the back in the backfield you need to throw the ball. Our D-line was causing havoc. It took them until the end of the 3rd quarter to have a run of 4 yards by the RB.

D was fantastic, the line struggled early and no Lane hurt, especially with the blitzes the Panthers were throwing at Wentz. Lucky he is money on third down!

Because they only gave McCaffrey one carry prior to that (and I think that was in the third quarter too). Stewart wasn't healthy. Didn't give him enough time/carries to gather momentum and get the ground game going. This guy really should be getting 10+ carries a game and 20+ touches a game (including special teams). He's that good he'll make things happen. One of the most dynamic offensive players I've seen.

Quote from: PowerBug on October 13, 2017, 11:23:20 PM
Can’t run, can’t win. Not the first time this year we haven’t been able to run the ball.

Cam tried but he had to do it all today, and couldn’t.

It's as if he stinks tbh ;)

He's just not a franchise QB. One good season and even then shouldn't have been MVP (Carson Palmer), as shown where it mattered

Mat0369

No, it wasn't. They gave him multiple carries before that. Stewart was sitting at -9 yards at one point before the benched the bum (after he batted the ball to Robinson). The beyond average McCaffrey couldn't do anything either. There was one point in the game that the Panthers RB's averaged 2.76 INCHES per carry. They finished the game with 23 inches per carry!

Oh, and 'The Eagles have allowed 394 rushing yards, their fewest after six games ssince 1954 [342] and fewest by any team since 2010 Steelers [382].'

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 14, 2017, 03:09:24 AM
No, it wasn't. They gave him multiple carries before that. Stewart was sitting at -9 yards at one point before the benched the bum (after he batted the ball to Robinson). The beyond average McCaffrey couldn't do anything either. There was one point in the game that the Panthers RB's averaged 2.76 INCHES per carry. They finished the game with 23 inches per carry!

Oh, and 'The Eagles have allowed 394 rushing yards, their fewest after six games ssince 1954 [342] and fewest by any team since 2010 Steelers [382].'

Lies

Second Quarter
1-10-CAR 9 (7:50) (Shotgun) 22-C.McCaffrey up the middle to CAR 7 for -2 yards (93-T.Jernigan). PHI-93-T.Jernigan was injured during the play.

Fourth Quarter
1-10-CAR 25 (14:55) (Shotgun) 22-C.McCaffrey left guard to CAR 29 for 4 yards (94-B.Allen).
1-10-PHI 12 (9:42) (Shotgun) 22-C.McCaffrey right tackle to PHI 9 for 3 yards (59-J.Walker).
2-3-CAR 30 (5:19) (Shotgun) 22-C.McCaffrey up the middle to CAR 33 for 3 yards (94-B.Allen; 75-V.Curry).

He's on track for 100 catches on the season though, what a gun. RB record is 89, overall record is 101. He just needs to be given the ball more on the ground (a lot more)

Mat0369

Wentz is a freak. Thanks Cleveland.

Hawka

Insane game between Seattle and Houston
Wilson and Watson were outta this world
Deshaun is really gonna be something

PowerBug

We still can't run the ball. If we fix that we can take the Division.