NFL 2017/18 Season

Started by Mat0369, September 11, 2017, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

We played like a** and still destroyed the 9'ers. At least they will get a good draft pick.

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on October 30, 2017, 10:08:10 PM
We still can't run the ball. If we fix that we can take the Division.

Panthers are currently sitting second.

Mat0369

The Dolphins just traded Jay Ajayi for a 4th rounder.........

TO THE EAGLES!

nas

Jukes

Both pretty reasonable trades. I can see why the Dolphins/Panthers are doing them - to dump relatively big-name players while they’re playing trash (2017) but still hold enough value/hype/upside/whatever to get something out of them, partly based on past performance, while the Eagles/Bills get somebody who can solidify their playoff runs (yes, I really said that about the bills) with enough years left in the tank to be worth the picks in a very decent draft next year.

Mat0369

It's Wentz's world and we're all just living in it.

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 07, 2017, 08:35:05 PM
It's Wentz's world and we're all just living in it.
Going to be annoying when he wins MVP just because voters are used to Brady being this good every single season.

Mat0369

Apart from the fact that Wentz is having the better season. Let's see if Brady can beat the 44 that Wentz put on them in 3 and a bit quarters.

Jukes

If Brady is always so good, how come he only has 2 MVPs in almost 20 years?

If I had to vote right now I’d go with Wentz, then Smith, then Brady. But we do have half a season left.

Mat0369

Watson was up there as well. He had a high INT number but his TD numbers were insane, especially for a rookie. I'd probably go with a similar vote. Wentz, Smith and then Brady. It's a QB award so while someone like Donald is the anchor in the Rams D he won't necessarily win the MVP.

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 08, 2017, 01:22:36 AM
Watson was up there as well. He had a high INT number but his TD numbers were insane, especially for a rookie. I'd probably go with a similar vote. Wentz, Smith and then Brady. It's a QB award so while someone like Donald is the anchor in the Rams D he won't necessarily win the MVP.

If Watt didn’t win it a few years back when Rodgers stole it, I can’t see a guy like Donald (or any defensive player) taking it. Goff would win it this year way before Donald would (not taking anything away from Goff tho, he’s a top 10 QB)

PowerBug

Cam is starting to love himself again, which makes me really happy :D

And Luke just keeps doing Luke things.

It's only Miami, but this could really get us going for the back half of the season :)

Jukes

Big congrats to Cam Newton for joining a very elite list of quarterbacks with that last TD

Players who have thrown more TDs than picks this season.

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on November 14, 2017, 03:30:21 PM
Big congrats to Cam Newton for joining a very elite list of quarterbacks with that last TD

Hasn't been great throwing the ball this season at all :'(

But does have 4 rushing TDs and 341 rushing yards. It's not all about the passing numbers.

Edit: And just had a 69 yard run, so yeah.

Jukes

Quote from: PowerBug on November 14, 2017, 03:38:52 PM
Quote from: Jukes on November 14, 2017, 03:30:21 PM

Hasn't been great throwing the ball this season at all :'(

But does have 4 rushing TDs and 341 rushing yards. It's not all about the passing numbers.

4 rushing TDs against 5 fumbles - don't you think I don't know my shower ;D