NFL 2017/18 Season

Started by Mat0369, September 11, 2017, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on November 14, 2017, 03:43:57 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 14, 2017, 03:38:52 PM
Quote from: Jukes on November 14, 2017, 03:30:21 PM
Big congrats to Cam Newton for joining a very elite list of quarterbacks with that last TD

Players who have thrown more TDs than picks this season.
Hasn't been great throwing the ball this season at all :'(

But does have 4 rushing TDs and 341 rushing yards. It's not all about the passing numbers.

4 rushing TDs against 5 fumbles - don't you think I don't know my shower ;D
2 fumbles. 3 of the 5 fumbles are listed under the passing.

Jukes

A fumble is a fumble tbh

Anyway, here's my playoff predictions

Mat0369

Jags vs Eagles SB!

There could legit be 3 teams that finish with 13 wins in the NFC.

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 15, 2017, 09:41:06 PM
Jags vs Eagles SB!

There could legit be 3 teams that finish with 13 wins in the NFC.

I had all three finishing 13-3, just a shame the eagles obviously lost tiebreakers against the Vikings and Rams. The NFC playoff picture is very interesting, with both the 13-3 teams and I had three 11-5 teams in Seattle, Carolina, and the missing out Detroit. 12-4 saints just resting nicely in the middle :P but obviously I didn’t pick too many major upsets so I’m sure most of these teams will be a win or so below expected.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Jukes on November 15, 2017, 05:00:07 PM
A fumble is a fumble tbh

Needs more Colts tbh

Jukes

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on November 15, 2017, 10:05:27 PM
Quote from: Jukes on November 15, 2017, 05:00:07 PM
A fumble is a fumble tbh

Needs more Colts tbh

Don’t be mad pls, I know I have the pats as #3 and you (and the others) only support them for success but don’t take it personally ;)

I was generous to them too (gave them away wins against Oakland and Miami), the losses being @ Buffalo and Steelers. Also unlucky that the Steelers and Chiefs have pretty easy schedules on the way home.

Mat0369

Quote from: Jukes on November 15, 2017, 09:57:09 PM
I had all three finishing 13-3, just a shame the eagles obviously lost tiebreakers against the Vikings and Rams. The NFC playoff picture is very interesting, with both the 13-3 teams and I had three 11-5 teams in Seattle, Carolina, and the missing out Detroit. 12-4 saints just resting nicely in the middle :P but obviously I didn’t pick too many major upsets so I’m sure most of these teams will be a win or so below expected.

I don't even know how the tiebreakers are going to work in that situation. We don't play either team so it goes to conference and similar games. I think we lose one of the west coast games, I'm not sure which one. We could be playing for home field vs Dallas in week 17 at the Linc. That game will be crazy if that's the case.

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 17, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

I don't even know how the tiebreakers are going to work in that situation. We don't play either team so it goes to conference and similar games. I think we lose one of the west coast games, I'm not sure which one. We could be playing for home field vs Dallas in week 17 at the Linc. That game will be crazy if that's the case.

You do play the rams in about a month's time in LA, I'd have that down to a loss purely because of the long travel. I'm not 100% sure about how it had the tiebreakers work out to get vikings > rams > eagles but the site seemed legit so I'll trust it! I also have them losing in Seattle but I'd say every other game is a win (having said that it wouldn't surprise me if they drop one of the cowboys games)

Eagles-Panthers would be a great 3v6 match, elite offense and good defense vs good offense and elite defense

Jay

Mat0369

Quote from: Jukes on November 17, 2017, 12:48:57 AM

You do play the rams in about a month's time in LA, I'd have that down to a loss purely because of the long travel. I'm not 100% sure about how it had the tiebreakers work out to get vikings > rams > eagles but the site seemed legit so I'll trust it! I also have them losing in Seattle but I'd say every other game is a win (having said that it wouldn't surprise me if they drop one of the cowboys games)

Eagles-Panthers would be a great 3v6 match, elite offense and good defense vs good offense and elite defense

I think we're staying on the West Coast for that trip. I 100% agree that I think they drop one of those. I had them losing to the Hawks in Seattle but beating the Rams . I also had them winning the first Cowboys game but losing the 2nd assuming they would rest guys. If they lose the 1 seed on a tiebreaker I think they beat the Cowboys week 17. So basically the seeding for Philly will come down to those two west coast games.

Jukes

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 17, 2017, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: Jukes on November 17, 2017, 12:48:57 AM

I think we're staying on the West Coast for that trip. I 100% agree that I think they drop one of those. I had them losing to the Hawks in Seattle but beating the Rams . I also had them winning the first Cowboys game but losing the 2nd assuming they would rest guys. If they lose the 1 seed on a tiebreaker I think they beat the Cowboys week 17. So basically the seeding for Philly will come down to those two west coast games.

If anything I reckon they'd lose to the Rams but beat Seattle. Wilson isn't that great and they're missing their best player on defense. They've gotten lucky with the cowboys scheduling - play them away when Elliott is suspended (plus injuries to Lee and Smith) then at home when they will probably have them back. If Elliott, Smith and Lee are playing week 17 it could be a ripper game, their O and D are far far better with those three players (god knows they can't succeed with game manager Prescott at QB with no help).

Steelers playing pretty well today against a probable division champion, they're a great chance to win out and go 14-2 - Packers, @ Bengals, Ravens, Patriots, @ Texans, Browns. The two playoff-contending teams they'll play will be at home, and they're a very good team when playing at home. Then you'd think the Chiefs and Pats will be tight at 13-3/12-4, with the Chiefs holding the head-to-head advantage. Patriots have a four tough away games to come - Raiders, Steelers, Bills, and Dolphins, while the Chiefs have a pretty easy schedule. Could see three 13-3 teams here too foreseeably.

Mat0369

He ain't Dak good. That second half was amazing. We just beat Dallas without a kicker!

Mat0369

The Eagles just jeep rolling. They're destroying the Bears.

Jukes

Geez the chiefs suck

Go Chargers for 10-6

Jukes

Also, apparently this is the first time the Seahawks will be 3 or more point underdogs since 2012

Hopefully Philly can get up